View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Greg Olsen still available? 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Greg Olsen still available?
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/bears/2660400,CST-SPT-mully01.article

A few paragraphs down it says Bears are making rounds to see if they can obtain picks before they make the final 53. & they're reminded how Olsen doesn't fit Martz system

There maybe be some building chemistry between Fasano & Henne but this I wouldn't mind trading a pick to the Bears

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Greg Olsen still available?
Steve Zissou wrote:

A few paragraphs down it says Bears are making rounds to see if they can obtain picks before they make the final 53. & they're reminded how Olsen doesn't fit Martz system

There maybe be some building chemistry between Fasano & Henne but this I wouldn't mind trading a pick to the Bears

If Martz can't find a way to use a guy like Olsen, his system isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

I could see him not seeking a guy like Olsen if he generally can't use him, but to jettison one away is silliness.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

eleaf wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

If Martz can't find a way to use a guy like Olsen, his system isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

I could see him not seeking a guy like Olsen if he generally can't use him, but to jettison one away is silliness.

Amen to that eleaf!!

Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:31 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

He isn't going anywhere.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

eleaf wrote:
Steve Zissou wrote:

Take the TE in front of his name and change it to WR. You're welcome Mike Martz. I'll expect my commission in cash.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

As far as us going after Olsen, well that's tricky. From what I've heard the Bears don't want to let him go for anything less than a 2nd or 3rd round pick, and if that's the case I'd say pass. But if the Trifecta can make it happen for a 4th or 5th round pick, then it's almost a no brainer. Olsen has real talent and he's only 25. You could combine him with Fasano for the next 3-5 years and Henne would have some great targets at tightend. I would like to see Olsen wearing a Dolphins jersey this year, but only if we don't have to sacrifice a high draft pick for him.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]