View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 nate garners season done 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post nate garners season done
terrible news for us if it is confirmed!!

finsjesse

#Dolphins have placed T Nate Garner on IR. Bad news. 2 minutes ago via web Retweeted by Robi2184

we will be looking at the waiver wire i guess for a solid replacement

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:13 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: nate garners season done
Oh boy..

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:35 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Tough blow: Dolphins end OL Nate Garner’s season, place him on Injured Reserve
by Ben Volin

The Dolphins knew they had a tough decision to make with offensive lineman Nate Garner. Tuesday, they made it, and it wasn’t what Dolphins fans want to hear.

Garner, one of the Dolphins’ most versatile linemen who started eight games last year, was placed on Injured Reserve on Tuesday, ending his season. Garner suffered a broken foot three weeks ago, and originally was supposed to supposed to miss eight weeks, or about four regular season games.

By placing Garner on IR, the Dolphins acknowledge that they can’t afford to wait four games for Garner, who played every offensive line position last year except left tackle, to get healthy.

With Garner out of the picture, the only four offensive tackles on the roster are starters Jake Long and Vernon Carey and backups Lydon Murtha and Andrew Gardner. Murtha likely is ahead of Gardner for the eighth offensive line spot on the final 53-man roster, though sixth-year veteran Cory Procter also could take the final roster spot. Additionally, the Dolphins could opt to find an offensive lineman this weekend after teams cut their rosters from 75 to 53.

Also Tuesday, the Dolphins placed Phillip Merling, who tore his Achilles tendon before training camp, on the Reserve Non-Football Injury List, which ends his season but allows the Dolphins to recover a portion of his salary, since the injury was suffered away from the Dolphins’ facility.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... d-reserve/

Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:43 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm never much to jump ship early, but this season has barely begun and I'm already putting my arms up in disbelief.

I guess a lot of it had to with having such high hopes for this coming season. Ever since the Marshall deal, I've been disappointed with just about every move and injury.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:02 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

moley wrote:
terrible news for us if it is confirmed!!

finsjesse

#Dolphins have placed T Nate Garner on IR. Bad news. 2 minutes ago via web Retweeted by Robi2184

we will be looking at the waiver wire i guess for a solid replacement

It is the fact now, man. Dolphins placed DE Phillip Merling on the reserve/non-football injury list at the same time.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]