View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Camarillo to the Vikings 

Who did better in this trade?
Miami Dolphins 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Minnesota Vikings 47%  47%  [ 14 ]
Even 43%  43%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 30

Camarillo to the Vikings 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Greg Camarillo traded to Vikings
Iowafin wrote:
Dumb. He'll score twice on us in week 2.

Hyperbole, much? He's a No. 4 WR with us.

With Berrian, Harvin, Lewis and Walker also on the team, Camarillo will be, at best, the third wide receiver option on that team. That doesn't take into effect the fact Minnesota also has Visanthe Siancoe at tight end and Adrian Peterson at running back and the fact they like throwing to their third down back a lot.

Long story short, If Camarillo scores twice Week 2, we have a lot more problems than trading a No. 4 WR for a No. 4 corner.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

With Berrian, Harvin, Lewis and Walker also on the team, Camarillo will be, at best, the third wide receiver option on that team. That doesn't take into effect the fact Minnesota also has Visanthe Siancoe at tight end and Adrian Peterson at running back and the fact they like throwing to their third down back a lot.

Long story short, If Camarillo scores twice Week 2, we have a lot more problems than trading a No. 4 WR for a No. 4 corner.

Yeah, I heard this same crap when Welker was traded. Camarillo is an excellent player in this league, and to continue to overlook his value is just dumb on anyone's part.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
Yeah, I heard this same crap when Welker was traded. Camarillo is an excellent player in this league, and to continue to overlook his value is just dumb on anyone's part.

So now every player we trade is compared to Wes Welker.

Do we have to out for those 20 TD seasons from Ted Ginn too?

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MNDolfan wrote:

Well stated!!

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

degs wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

So now every player we trade is compared to Wes Welker.

Do we have to out for those 20 TD seasons from Ted Ginn too?

No, not every player is compared to Welker...Welker is the only player of my memory that I knew was an excellent football player and was outed. Now Camarillo is in the same boat.

Ginn was never a football player. He's a track star.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I like Camarillo, but Welker was a far better player at the time of the trade.

As for Ginn, you would think we could have gotten more as we were not only trading him, but trading his entire family too.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

degs wrote:
I like Camarillo, but Welker was a far better player at the time of the trade.

As for Ginn, you would think we could have gotten more as we were not only trading him, but trading his entire family too.

Welker is better...he provides kick returns, punt returns, and a wiggle that no one else in the NFL possesses.
Camarillo hands alone deserve him a spot on an NFL roster, but he also provides very crisp and precise route running.
Guys like this, you just don't let get away...you build around them. We've already seen Brandon Marshall and Brian Hartline have the dropsies in the preseason. Camarillo just doesn't do that...

People will say that Camarillo is replaceable much the same as Welker, but I don't think Bess is as good as Welker and I don't think Hartline is as good as Camarillo.

They are fine football players, but I'm just a fan of those two guys and how hard they worked and how they never dropped a ball.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:43 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

We are talking about a #4 WR!!! News flash...he's not that good. Sapp at least played all 16 games last year and started a few. We are deep at the WR position and we need depth at the CB position. We don't know how this move will pan out, but give me a break. 2 TDs agasint us in week 2? The dude scored 2 tds in the last 2 seasons! Like someone else said, if we let him score 2 tds against us, we have more problems than trading Greg. Again guys, relax, he was our #4 with no upside, he's peaked. Thanks for saving our season a few yrs ago, good luck Greg.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
We are talking about a #4 WR!!! News flash...he's not that good. Sapp at least played all 16 games last year and started a few. We are deep at the WR position and we need depth at the CB position. We don't know how this move will pan out, but give me a break. 2 TDs agasint us in week 2? The dude scored 2 tds in the last 2 seasons! Like someone else said, if we let him score 2 tds against us, we have more problems than trading Greg. Again guys, relax, he was our #4 with no upside, he's peaked. Thanks for saving our season a few yrs ago, good luck Greg.

Our number 4? He was fighting for the number 2. He can play slot and flanker. Not that good? Keep telling yourself that.
What do you mean Sapp at least played all 16? So did Camarillo. He scored 2 times in 2 years...kinda like Welker only scored once? Listen, Miami's entire receiving corps just hasn't scored a lot of TD's. That's not the case in Minnesota where they sling the ball around.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:05 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Iowa, I don't think Greg was really ever in the running for that 2nd spot. Bess has that 3rd spot. That clearly leaves you with the 4th spot....LOL

Let me add...I like Greg. I think he was a good fit for this team....I believe they feel like the have grown at the position with the addition of Marshall and the return of Martin (as a pass threat).

Sad to to see him go.....But, excited to see what we have with Turner, Moore and Wallace....

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:10 pm
Profile YIM
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

How many 100 catch seasons does Camarillo have? How about 90 catch seasons? How about 80 catch seasons? Or 70 catch seasons? Or 60 catch seasons?

How many 1,000 yard seasons does Camarillo have? How about 900 yard seasons? How about 800 yard seasons? Or 700?

How many 10 touchdown seasons does Camarillo have? Or 8? Or 6? Or 3?

The answer to all of those questions is ZERO.

Camarillo is a nice bit player and possession receiver. But he is a dime a dozen talent who's lack of speed is a liability on special teams. To say he is "someone you build around" is just not true, and the stats bear that out.

And comparing Welker and Camarillo is like comparing apples to oranges. Welker had just come off a season that is better (catch wise and yardage wise) than any season Camarillo has posted, not to mention, Welker was three years younger at the time of the trade. That doesn't take into affect Welker's outstanding special teams play -- an area where Camarillo provides little or no help. Not to mention, Welker is three inches shorter that Camarillo and is a completely different player with the ball in his hands.

To me, this is the Trifecta simply churning the bottom of the roster and turning a player at a position where we are deep into a player at a position where we need some depth.

Last edited by MNDolfan on Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:35 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Listen, Miami's entire receiving corps just hasn't scored a lot of TD's.

Maybe because they are not that good?!? LOL! This is a case of the chicken and the egg. Welker had Tom Brady and now Greg has Farve. Greg was stuck in a log jam here at reviever. We needed depth at CB. I get what you are saying though Iowa...time will tell.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:36 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Some points about the Welker trade:

1. He was a good player for Miami but not great.

2. Had the trade not happened he would not have been a 100 catch receiver with Miami's offense the last few years. I mean as much as I love the Fins, who would have been his QB? (Feeley, Fielder, Ferotte, Green, Lemon, Culpepper, Pennington,etc).
With Brady and their system (and I do believe that the system in NE is better then their players) he became a top 10 receiver. If the trade never happened, he just would have been another guy for Miami.

3. The trade was posioned pilled by the Pats so Miami was handcuffed at the time.

So lets move on about the trade and know that Miami has the best group of WR since Fryar/Ingram/McDuffie).

Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:41 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Tonelantern wrote:
Some points about the Welker trade:

1. He was a good player for Miami but not great.

2. Had the trade not happened he would not have been a 100 catch receiver with Miami's offense the last few years. I mean as much as I love the Fins, who would have been his QB? (Feeley, Fielder, Ferotte, Green, Lemon, Culpepper, Pennington,etc).
With Brady and their system (and I do believe that the system in NE is better then their players) he became a top 10 receiver. If the trade never happened, he just would have been another guy for Miami.

3. The trade was posioned pilled by the Pats so Miami was handcuffed at the time.

You couldn't be more correct here. Great analysis.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:20 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

What happened to our credibility in the front office? Are ya'll ready to all of the sudden say we can't evaluate talent?

Camarillo was never an exceptional receiver in any way. He had one moment in how many years?

This could be a missing piece for Nolan to work with & I'm glad we were able to get it just for Greg.

We definitely need some Vet's in the secondary. In Parcells we trust

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Steve Zissou wrote:
Camarillo was never an exceptional receiver in any way.

His focus and ability to catch with his HANDS parallel none in the NFL.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:49 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Listen, Miami's entire receiving corps just hasn't scored a lot of TD's.

Maybe because they are not that good?!?

Then why did Welker (who was ridiculed beyond belief for having only scored ONCE with Miami) score 8 touchdowns in his first season with New England? Was it because he just wasn't that good?

No, it's because Miami has run the ball in the redzone, or thrown it to their tight ends. Stats become a product of a system and only begin to evaluate a player. Watch the player, and you'll learn so much more.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I knew Welker would catch a lot of passes and burn Miami for years to come...the same will happen with Camarillo (to a much lesser extent)...
And even after that, I'd look past it and to what we got in compensation.
Benny Sapp. He's dumber than a box of rocks...failed out of Iowa and had to finish up school at UNI. Went undrafted, and has spent his time playing anywhere there's an injury because he can't earn a spot. The number of times he's been burnt is reminiscent of Reggie Howard.
Camarillo sucks cuz he only caught two touchdowns? Sapp has 2 picks in 3 years in the NFL. Sapp had no picks last year, even though he started some of the season and he still had 40 tackles. And since Minnesota has a stout front 7, I'd imagine a majority of those tackles came from tackling the guy he was supposed to be covering.

Something tells me Miami is panicked for another corner with the uncertainty of Allen's health and the crappy play of the secondary. This trade is bad news all the way around.
I haven't dogged this regime at all until failing to make a splash in this past year's draft, and now with this trade.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:02 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Ok, I will admit that I had never heard of Sapp prior to today, which is probably true of most of the posters here. BUT...
one thing I think is getting left out of the discussion too often (with apologies to IamPZ) is that Sapp is supposedly a really solid ST player, and could be a flyer for us. That's a big deal.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Hartline is far and away a better receiver than Camarillo, and his rookie numbers show it...despite limited action. Bess is every bit as reliable a slot receiver as Camarillo...and he is younger. Camarillo is a good journeyman type player. Sounds like we traded him for a similar player. Our secondary looks to need more help than our wide receiver corps. Seems like a good move.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
His focus and ability to catch with his HANDS parallel none in the NFL.

Since I doubt anyone would consider Cam a top 100 WR in the NFL, either that is the most overrated piece of information ever or you completely exaggerate his abilities.

I vote that you ignore a ton of guys who have great hands, plus far more physical abilities.

P.S.... what do other guys catch with, if not their HANDS???

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:44 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I hate to see him go. He was clutch on 3rd downs and didn't drop anything. I guess this shows confidence in Turner continuing to develop and contribute. The secondary was a position of need and WR was a position of abundance. Thanks for the memories Greg. This is the harsh part of business in the NFL. Players have a window of time to exchange their talent for $ and the teams try and maximize the investment they made in the player.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:16 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Camarillo to the Vikings
I don't think he's here to bolster the secondary though, he's gotta be here for special teams. I mean who gets cut out now?

Here's the CB's we have on the roster. The 3 at the bottom are almost guaranteed to be gone with the cuts... but are we really going to keep 6 CB's? Nolan Carroll better make the darn team, and we've finally seen a lot of progress with JA...

Vontae Davis
Sean Smith
Will Allen
Jason Allen
Nolan Carroll
Benny Sapp

Will Billingsley
Kevin Hobbs
Ross Weaver

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:33 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

You're leaving Nate Ness out of that group. My feeling is Ness has out-played Carroll. Caroll might fly to the practice squad. He had a horrible game last week. You have to shine when given those opportunities.

Smith
Davis
J. Allen

Are all locks

W. Allen (due to injury)
Ness
Carroll
Sapp

Are all bubble....the rest are unemployed in a few weeks for sure.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:28 am

Quote:
I guess this shows confidence in Turner continuing to develop and contribute.
Turner is likely gone despite his intoxicating size. Marlon Moore has out-played him.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:29 am

Iowafin wrote:
I knew Welker would catch a lot of passes and burn Miami for years to come...the same will happen with Camarillo (to a much lesser extent)...
And even after that, I'd look past it and to what we got in compensation.
Benny Sapp. He's dumber than a box of rocks...failed out of Iowa and had to finish up school at UNI. Went undrafted, and has spent his time playing anywhere there's an injury because he can't earn a spot. The number of times he's been burnt is reminiscent of Reggie Howard.
Camarillo sucks cuz he only caught two touchdowns? Sapp has 2 picks in 3 years in the NFL. Sapp had no picks last year, even though he started some of the season and he still had 40 tackles. And since Minnesota has a stout front 7, I'd imagine a majority of those tackles came from tackling the guy he was supposed to be covering.

Something tells me Miami is panicked for another corner with the uncertainty of Allen's health and the crappy play of the secondary. This trade is bad news all the way around.
I haven't dogged this regime at all until failing to make a splash in this past year's draft, and now with this trade.

As long as they don't panic, have patience with W. Allen all will be fine. However, if Allen gets treated like Satele or Roth, he's a goner.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:32 am

MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

The irony of all this is we probably won't have to keep guessing at this. If Camarillo and Sapp make the teams, they'll likely face off in week 2.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:35 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
You're leaving Nate Ness out of that group. My feeling is Ness has out-played Carroll. Caroll might fly to the practice squad. He had a horrible game last week. You have to shine when given those opportunities.

Smith
Davis
J. Allen

Are all locks

W. Allen (due to injury)
Ness
Carroll
Sapp

Are all bubble....the rest are unemployed in a few weeks for sure.

Lol and I love Nate Ness too... stupid ESPN team rosters...

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:56 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Was G Cam Great? No. But he was good. And theres talk that he could be number 2-3 receiver for minnasota depending on Percy. You think Javan Walker or Lewis will go ahead of him? Last play, were up by 3 points, Brett is under pressure, fires it into the air to nobody inperticular and itll land right in gregs hands while 4 of our defenders are standing around doing nothing.(Jason Allen might come hit him in the back a little too late though) (WK 1 vs Jets anyone?) its just what im seeing. I wouldve been fine if it was a 5th round pick, or AP. not another freakin corner.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:30 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Camarillo will have as many TD's against us in week 2 as he had all of last year ;)

I knew this thread would get Iowa going. Sorry buddy. He wasn't that good. You are one of the very few who think he was "excellent"

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:43 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

degs wrote:
You gotta love the homerism around here when people think our #4 WR is worth more than a 5th round pick.
And you gotta love the homerism of that Vike fan when he calls their #4 CB a "shutdown corner" LOL

Bye Camarillo. Thanks for the heart, the effort and bringing about our lone win a couple of years ago.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Agreed. He was never in the running for the #2. Hence why he never got reps there during camp. Or never started during the preseason. And he wasn't going to be our slot guy. That makes him the #4 guy. Which means.. now either Marlon Moore or Patrick Turner will be that guy.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:45 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hypocritex wrote:
Camarillo will have as many TD's against us in week 2 as he had all of last year ;)

I knew this thread would get Iowa going. Sorry buddy. He wasn't that good. You are one of the very few who think he was "excellent"

We all respect his effort and his play on the field, but he wasn't a guy "to build around."

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:46 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Ness is a Brandon London. We'll fall in love with him because of a couple of Pre Season performances and whatt we hear about him in training camp, but once he is cut we'll forget about him within the next month. I doubt Ness becomes anything in the NFL.

He's not better than any of our top 3 young CB's. We'll try and get him on the Practice squad. If he doesn't clear waivers, whatever. He's some other team's project. I'm not losing sleep over it.

I think Will Allen starts on PUP unless he has a miraculous recovery. The last thing the team wants is for him to be out there at 80%. Take the 6 weeks, get yourself to close to 100% healthy and come back for the stretch. When he does come back, we have 6 CB's (if everyone else is healthy). Big whoop. We'll be carrying less guys on offense it looks like, so, that will give you the extra spot.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:43 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hypocritex wrote:

Hate to repeat it, but I was also one of the few that thought Welker was excellent.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:27 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Camarillo is an excellent player in this league

If he was an "excellent" player, we would not have signed Brandon Marshall nor would we have traded him. Welker is an "excellent" player in an excellent system. You have also stated other players were excellent that turned out to be busts. Good discussion on both sides, but his loss isn't a big deal. Again, let's wait and see.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
You have also stated other players were excellent that turned out to be busts.

Name them.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:49 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I'm not going back years here bud to find the posts. I remember you liked Jason Allen and Pat White. I'm not going to find the quotes. If I'm wrong, i;m wrong. Let me know.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:52 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I'm not going back years here bud to find the posts. I remember you liked Jason Allen and Pat White. I'm not going to find the quotes. If I'm wrong, i;m wrong. Let me know.

Lol..neither of those are true. If you're going to accuse me of something, you better back it up...also, don't call me bud. We're not buds.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:07 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Seeing that we have changed boards within the last year, there aren't any quotes. Anyway, cool. We'll wait and see what happens with the trade if anything comes out of it at all. No reason to get hostile and upset. I was mistaken.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Seeing that we have changed boards within the last year, there aren't any quotes. Anyway, cool. We'll wait and see what happens with the trade if anything comes out of it at all. No reason to get hostile and upset. I was mistaken.

A quote might not even be necessary...but throwing out general accusations I would think would upset anyone if not true.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next