View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Camarillo to the Vikings 

Who did better in this trade?
Miami Dolphins 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Minnesota Vikings 47%  47%  [ 14 ]
Even 43%  43%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 30

Camarillo to the Vikings 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Re: Camarillo to the Vikings
trueA quote might not even be necessary...but throwing out general accusations I would think would upset anyone if not

So are you saying that you have never been wrong about a player?

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
trueA quote might not even be necessary...but throwing out general accusations I would think would upset anyone if not

So are you saying that you have never been wrong about a player?

What I said was you're throwing out general accusations without any sort of evidence and then getting sassy when I call you on it by stating that you can't get a quote because we've changed boards.
I just wanted a name of a player that I called excellent, but turned out to be a bust. You wouldn't be able to, because that has never happened, and certainly not with Pat White. I've questioned the pick since day 1. I just wasn't as quick to throw him on the noose as others.

Back on topic:
This was a bad trade for the Dolphins.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:25 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I just wanted a name of a player that I called excellent, but turned out to be a bust. You wouldn't be able to, because that has never happened

So when you say a player is excellent, they are never a bust. Wow. You should really consider getting into scouting. I would love for you to use your talents and draft some quality players for the Fins. We need you. Knowing the Pats though, they are prob. onto you, they could use some help lately too!

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:35 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

[i]This was a bad trade for the Dolphins.[/i

OK. We get it, your opinion is we made a bad trade. Fact is you don't know that yet, we are talking about 2 players (Sapp) that are 1 camp of getting cut by their respective teams. I could see this 3 page topic over Culpepper vs Brees, but these 2? Wow.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Iowafin wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
Camarillo will have as many TD's against us in week 2 as he had all of last year ;)

I knew this thread would get Iowa going. Sorry buddy. He wasn't that good. You are one of the very few who think he was "excellent"

Hate to repeat it, but I was also one of the few that thought Welker was excellent.

Hindsight is a great thing, isn't it?

The fact is, you had no idea Welker was set to become the player he is now. None. And to say you did is simply ridiculous. If you thought he was a fine player, that's OK. I thought he was fine too. But at the time, a guy like Welker (with his limited size and statistical history) for a second round pick looked like a good trade for Miami.

To call this trade a bad trade before any games have been played and before we even see who makes the team and who doesn't and to see how this season turns out is pointless.

And calling someone "dumb as a box of rocks" because he flunked out of Iowa is petty. College isn't for some people. Sapp has stuck around in this league for a number of seasons because he obviously offers something to whatever team he's on.

It's a fourth wideout for a fourth corner. Let's just settle down a bit.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:06 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Honestly, look @ it for what it is.
Camarillo was a solid receiver for us and had sure hands. With Brandon Marshall opening up the field, Bess who has hands just as good as Camarillo but runs better routes will get more looks as a Slot receiver. Hartline who is a Trifecta draftee is a WR that falls under the same category as Camarillo has more upside, is faster, and is far better @ YAC.

We drafted a Patrick Turner who is a developmental guy. We're in a position to sit him last year and bring him in once Henne is comfortable and with another weapon running wild(Marshall) to relieve the pressure off him. Turner offers something Camarillo couldn't.

Now with one of these young guys can sneak in and snatch a WR spot & could quite possibly take over as a threat as a PR/KR.

Now Benny Sapp, a South Florida native will add depth to probably our weakest position in regards to depth. Not only this but he's a solid hard tackler who can force a fumble or two. Throw him out there on Nickle or Dime situations and throw him out there for Special Teams and he'll probably be a gunner with Jason Allen making our SPECIAL TEAMS coverage above average for the first time in a LONG time.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:57 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I've read the whole thread, and taken in everyone's views... and I gotta say I like the trade.

Camarillo was on the verge of being cut, as was previously mentioned, so we traded him for a guy who can most definitely help our special teams unit (imo, our weakest unit). If Sapp and JA can shut down the opponents return game, our defense will be in much better position.

Average starting spot was ridiculous in the first 2 preseason games... we gotta cut that down.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:00 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

When Welker left, Miami lost a solid guy who caught every ball, fought for every yard and was essentially the most reliable guy on the field. Camarillo has similar traits and will be missed. The differences between the trade then and now are significant. Miami recieved a high draft choice for Welker. When Welker was traded there was no one to fill his shoes. Miami was already thin at WR. I see this trade as a win for Greg. Greg would've been lost in the numbers here but up in Minny he'll have a legit opportunity to be the slot guy.

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:01 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MNDolfan wrote:

Hindsight is a great thing, isn't it?

The fact is, you had no idea Welker was set to become the player he is now. None. And to say you did is simply ridiculous. If you thought he was a fine player, that's OK. I thought he was fine too.

Wait, so someone can only have an opinion of a player that equals yours or else it is simply ridiculous?

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

HARTLINE IS DOWN! CAM COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:05 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Cam just caught a 22yrd pass from Favre

Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:53 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

and Cam just was blanketed by Trufant and the ball got picked!!

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:10 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

dolphan74 wrote:
and Cam just was blanketed by Trufant and the ball got picked!!

Becauase that's the receiver's fault? He's leading everyone with 4 catches for 47 yards. Great? Heck no. A quality, excellent player to have on your football team? Without a doubt.

You don't trade those players.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:18 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

quality... ok... excellent wr.... um NO !!... he can't beat good man coverage.. yes that is the Wr's fault...he is a slot Wr... good at finding holes in a zone....that the extent of it....i think both Cam and Sapp will be good for both teams.... the problem for Cam was that Bess beat him for the No 3 wr on our team and you can;t really have him as marshall's back up... so he really was fighting for the 5th wr spot on our team....and they guys he was fighting are bigger, faster and younger....

Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Camarillo is a good journeyman WR, a fine reserve....he is not a starter, unless your WR corps stinks (like ours did for years).

Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:13 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Becauase that's the receiver's fault? He's leading everyone with 4 catches for 47 yards. Great? Heck no. A quality, excellent player to have on your football team? Without a doubt.

It's preseason, but he did have a nice game.

You don't trade those players.

Our WR corps are full of "those" players besides Marshall. We won't miss one of them. Are we going to comment of Cam all year everytime the dude catches a pass? It's time to get over it, he's gone.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Our WR corps are full of "those" players besides Marshall. We won't miss one of them. Are we going to comment of Cam all year everytime the dude catches a pass? It's time to get over it, he's gone.

They are not full of "those" players. Davone Bess is the only one of "those" players. Marshall is a natural talent.

Are we going to comment on him every time he catches a pass? I won't, but it will be in the back of your head every time he does..and it will be in the back of your head every time Hartline drops a pass.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:48 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Are we going to comment on him every time he catches a pass? I won't, but it will be in the back of your head every time he does..and it will be in the back of your head every time Hartline drops a pass

No, not really.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
Are we going to comment on him every time he catches a pass? I won't, but it will be in the back of your head every time he does..and it will be in the back of your head every time Hartline drops a pass

No, not really.

Totally agree. He'll catch a few passes, but on Miami he wouldn't catch enough to be a big deal. Probably won't on Minny either.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:41 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I like Camarillo & I think the trade filled needs for both teams. Camarillo is a guy with sure hands who will catch all that is thrown to him but I wonder in 2007 if Camarillo catches that pass from Lemon vs. Baltimore & gets tackled right away , are we still talking about him now?

Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:46 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I like Camarillo & I think the trade filled needs for both teams.

Exactly.

I wonder in 2007 if Camarillo catches that pass from Lemon vs. Baltimore & gets tackled right away , are we still talking about him now?

Nope.

Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2WOUtDTwms

I cried...

Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Makchell wrote:
I like Camarillo & I think the trade filled needs for both teams.

Exactly.

I wonder in 2007 if Camarillo catches that pass from Lemon vs. Baltimore & gets tackled right away , are we still talking about him now?

Nope.

You're kidding right? A guy who comes off a season where he didn't drop a single ball that was thrown to him. I don't have the huge man-crush on Camarillo that Iowa does; however, every pass on 3rd down that gets dropped will get noticed. Bess dropped one and Hartline dropped two third down balls last week. If our offense goes 2 for 9 on 3rd down in a couple of games this year, you will be on here talking about him. Bottom line is as much as I hate to say it: It was a good trade for both teams. They needed a WR and Miami needed a DB but that doesn't mean Cam won't be missed.

Last edited by NFLJunkie on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:23 am

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
I like Camarillo & I think the trade filled needs for both teams. Camarillo is a guy with sure hands who will catch all that is thrown to him but I wonder in 2007 if Camarillo catches that pass from Lemon vs. Baltimore & gets tackled right away , are we still talking about him now?

I'm wondering if he's even on the team after 07 if he doesn't make that catch. IIRC, he appeared off the practice squad in that game and became a hero.

I won't knock the guy, but this is nothing more than churning the bottom of the roster. If Cam wasn't going to see much action at receiver, we need someone who will contribute to ST, and Cam doesn't.

This is a low level trade that involves the hero of a terrible season.

If Cam was the player Iowa thinks, it wouldn't have been a competition between he and Hartline; Cam would have won that job hands down. He didn't which means he's a bottom of the roster guy, which means expendable.

You can't keep a guy based on one quality alone when we have needs elsewhere which are more pressing than keeping your #4 receiver who doesn't play ST.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:14 pm
Profile WWW

eleaf wrote:
FINesse wrote:

I'm wondering if he's even on the team after 07 if he doesn't make that catch. IIRC, he appeared off the practice squad in that game and became a hero.

I won't knock the guy, but this is nothing more than churning the bottom of the roster. If Cam wasn't going to see much action at receiver, we need someone who will contribute to ST, and Cam doesn't.

This is a low level trade that involves the hero of a terrible season.

If Cam was the player Iowa thinks, it wouldn't have been a competition between he and Hartline; Cam would have won that job hands down. He didn't which means he's a bottom of the roster guy, which means expendable.

You can't keep a guy based on one quality alone when we have needs elsewhere which are more pressing than keeping your #4 receiver who doesn't play ST.

I think the only reason Hartline got the gig was he was drafted by Parcsparano otherwise I think Greg is still here. I think what you have is a young WR in Hartline who has some pretty big upside (tough, good speed and decent hands). You then have Camarillo who is coming off of injury who has outstanding hands but not much else in the way of upside.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Hartline won out because he is faster. Cam can't beet anything down the side, but Brian can.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
Hartline won out because he is faster. Cam can't beet anything down the side, but Brian can.

That and he has shown that he has much better YAC capabilities.

I really liked Cam and was a proponent of him winnin the job over Hartline if all things were equal. But I'm not sure anymore that all things were equal.

Cam very likely had better hands, but it seems that Hartline very likely has better almost everything else. He also plays on ST if I'm not mistaken.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:14 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I don't like the trade, I think we gave more than we got, but it wasn't a 'bad' trade. We gave a better player than we got, but Cam was a bit redundant in our receiving squad. When do you play him? You have Marshall, Hartline, and Bess. How often would Cam see the field? I think it was good that we got something in exchange for him as opposed to cutting him, but I definitely think Minn got the better of the trade. Oh well though, what's done is done.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:11 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Greg Camarillo traded to Vikings
Iowafin wrote:
I knew Welker would catch a lot of passes and burn Miami for years to come...the same will happen with Camarillo (to a much lesser extent)...
And even after that, I'd look past it and to what we got in compensation.
Benny Sapp. He's dumber than a box of rocks...failed out of Iowa and had to finish up school at UNI. Went undrafted, and has spent his time playing anywhere there's an injury because he can't earn a spot. The number of times he's been burnt is reminiscent of Reggie Howard.
Camarillo sucks cuz he only caught two touchdowns? Sapp has 2 picks in 3 years in the NFL. Sapp had no picks last year, even though he started some of the season and he still had 40 tackles. And since Minnesota has a stout front 7, I'd imagine a majority of those tackles came from tackling the guy he was supposed to be covering.

Something tells me Miami is panicked for another corner with the uncertainty of Allen's health and the crappy play of the secondary. This trade is bad news all the way around.
I haven't dogged this regime at all until failing to make a splash in this past year's draft, and now with this trade.
Quote:
He was removed from the Iowa Hawkeyes squad in 2002 due to charges of violence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Sapp

Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think Hartline got the job because he gets more yards per catch than any other WR on the team. Didn't he average over 16 yards a grab last year and score 3 TD's receiving...I think the rest of the receiving corps averaged around 10 yards per catch. Hartline has our only TD so far tonight against Dallas (Whew...getting better with depth, both Roberto Wallace and Marlon Moore have caught Thigpen TD passes). I think he will have a fine season....provided our offensive line learns to pass and run block again this year.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3