View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins: Tony Sparano says free safety job still open 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins: Tony Sparano says free safety job still open
Quote:
Just came from Tony Sparano’s first news conference of this Miami Dolphins workweek, and it’s clear Chris Clemons has to show more to wrap up that starting free safety spot.

Wrapping up, as a matter of fact, is pretty much the last piece for Clemons, the second-year man out of Clemson, to convince the coaching staff he is the logical successor to Gibril Wilson.

“He missed one tackle, which was clear,” Sparano said. “He missed the tackle on the quarterback on the third-down situation [late in the first quarter]. You guys saw that. That’s the one that he missed.”

Didn’t help that Bucs quarterback Josh Freeman got loose on that third-and-16 play from the Tampa 11 and rambled for 18 yards and a first down when the Dolphins had him trapped near the line.

“I told Chris this,” Sparano said. “Chris knows this, and I know that Mike [Nolan] has talked to Chris about this, but those are the ones you want to make. I saw the kid make three or four other [tackles] during the course of the game, make one on special teams.

“I’m not telling you it’s something I’m not worried about. I want him to make those plays in those situations. That is an evaluator, and we’re going to need to see him make that play.”

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:39 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Miami Dolphins: Tony Sparano says free safety job still open
I knew it !!

CULVER CULVER CULVER CULVER !!!! :yay:

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:40 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

On the interception that Sean Smith had, the wide receiver had gotten behind Clemons on that play also. If Sean did not have the great coverage that he did on that play, it could have been a big play.

My main concern about Clemons is his on field awareness and it showed on that play.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:16 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

It was Josh Johnson that he missed (second string guy). The interception was on a lame duck pass thrown by a guy who can't accurately throw a pass farther than 15 yards :)

Clemons did do well to realize how bad the throw was and play center field.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]