View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Get rid of #19 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Get rid of #19
The jersey, not Marshall. There are too many feelings associated with that jersey number and Marshall doesn't need that albatross hanging on him.

Armando Salguero wrote:
Newly minted big-play wide receiver Brandon Marshall dropped both passes thrown to him. The man caught more than 300 passes the past three seasons for the Denver Broncos, but both passes that hit Marshall in the hands bounded unsatisfactorily through.

When Turner and free agent Marlon Moore are more effective receivers for the Dolphins than Marshall, that's a bad sign, folks.

Marshall obviously knows the regular season is still three weeks away, and there really shouldn't be any worries about his true ability. It would take a tremendous and terrible turn of events for Marshall to suddenly lose the magic he has shown so far in his career.

But just maybe, he might consider getting rid of that No. 19 jersey before the regular season begins because, so far, through a bad scrimmage and bad preseason debut, he has looked more like Ted Ginn Jr. than anyone around here is comfortable admitting.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/15/1 ... wasnt.html

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:26 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Get rid of #19
Hes got a long honeymoon period.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:59 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

It's the first thing I thought when dropped that second pass. The first one was a quick slant, in the mud, sloppy and he was double covered... That second pass was perfect and he perfectly dropped it... I hate to get too far ahead of ourselves, but maybe... Just maybe... Oh boy.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:10 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Its Brandon Marshall! Seriously the man is a beast and he doesn't have to prove it in practice and pre-season where the playing condition is like no other with the baseball field. #19, #15, #whatever doesn't matter, c'mon fellas this is ridiculous. I don't even know how someone would compare Marshall to Ted Ginn...

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:09 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TheCarver13 wrote:
Its Brandon Marshall! Seriously the man is a beast and he doesn't have to prove it in practice and pre-season where the playing condition is like no other with the baseball field. #19, #15, #whatever doesn't matter, c'mon fellas this is ridiculous. I don't even know how someone would compare Marshall to Ted Ginn...

Because it's preseason, and people feel the absurd cumpulsion to pick apart every play as a microcosm of what will be come regular season, when in reality, the only people preseason is truly important for are those not guaranteed a spot on the team.

In other words, very little of what happens in preseason has any bearing on what happens come September.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I don't think Bess should HAVE TO give up his number... I just wish he would on his own accord. I don't feel like tempting fate.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:31 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Driving back after the game I heard these guys on the radio saying that we never should have traded Ted Ginn.

I almost wrecked my car when I couldn't shake myself out of WTF mode

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:36 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Not being superstitious (knock on wood) it does not bother me in the least. lol

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:33 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

It is odd seeing him wear that number. Still can't believe he dropped that second pass.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:53 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

That second pass would've been a score and changed the game dramatically. I'm confident that Marshall will be Marshall regardless of his jersey number.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]