View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins training camp: Saturday practice report 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Miami Dolphins training camp: Saturday practice report
Quote:
Tweets from Sun Sentinel writers Omar Kelly and Mike Berardino as they cover Dolphins Training Camp on Saturday:

---------------------

The Sun-Sentinel is reporting that rookie ILBer Austin Spitler had salmonella poisoning. Spent 2 nights in the hospital. Lost 15 pounds.

Rookie CB Nolan Carroll spent a little bit of time working as the team's nickel cornerback. That's a step in the right direction.

Randy Starks looked like he got winded during Saturday's scrimmaged. I'm not sure he can play more than 30 snaps right now.

For the record, Dolphins OLBer Koa Misi did nothing special today, which means I'm still waiting to see him flash something.

"I'm a put my feet in some ice.I'm hurting right now, my whole body.I need some rest. As much rest as I can get," Dansby on day off tomorrow

"I'm blessed to be versatile. God gave me a gift and I'm just trying to use it," said Karlos Dansby, who was dropping DEEP into coverage.

Rookie WR Roberto Wallace produced a nice long catch from Tyler Thigpen. Problem was Lionel Dotson would have sacked him before the throw

DE Ryan Baker produced a deflection, came right after a QB pressure from him at LDE vs. Garner. Baker admits he isn't working at NT much now

Here's a difference between Donald Thomas and Richie Incognito at that LG battle. Thomas pulls much better. Gets to 2nd line of defense.

Nate Garner took a few reps with the first team at left guard late in the scrimmage. He'd previously been working at RT.

Nate Ness broke up an endzone pass to Roberto Wallace during the redzone work. Don't know what Ness will play (CB or FS) but he makes plays.

New Dolphins TE David Martin admits he's not in ideal shape and needs to get his football legs under him. But he's the 2nd TE right now.

Brandon Marshall said when rumbling of David Martin returning to the team got around the leftover players "got all excited" Now he see's why

Tyler Thigpen threw a touchdown pass in the back of the endzone to David Martin during 7-on-7 drills.

Chad Pennington's arm is clearly an issue. His balls are fluttering these days and cornerbacks get good breaks on them.

ILBer Austin Spitler was back at practice after missing sessions since Tuesday.

Sean Smith got to the quarterback on a corner blitz, beating FB Rolly Lombala. Cornerbacks are coming a lot. Not telling you who's dropping.

DE Charles Grant who has spent all week on the third team line, produced 3 sacks and is a threat as a pass rusher. Can u say nickel package

Pat White had a respectable day. I didn't see it for myself, but I'm told he didn't soil his diaper during the scrimmage.

Sean Smith made a nice breakup on a pass to Marshall to redeem himself from a week of schooling. Brandon actually said he's catching up

Some of my overall observations..The defense kicked the offense's backside. Blitzes from everywhere. Too much mixing and matching on offense

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 3922.story

Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Miami Dolphins training camp: Saturday practice report
Well jiggling players on D won't screw it up as bad as a pick-up offense. I like what I see. With Martin back now... I think the offense will have some serious firepower. Need to get the line set early and let those guys play together a while for teamwork etc.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:02 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Quote:
The Sun-Sentinel is reporting that rookie ILBer Austin Spitler had salmonella poisoning. Spent 2 nights in the hospital. Lost 15 pounds

rookie hazing .... eat the stadium food.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:40 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

3 sacks for charles grant seems to point to issue`s with our guards not sure who it was against thomas and incognito??

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:56 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

nate ness 4 ints so far in camp ,he plays corner,safety and special teams
think his overtaken nolan carroll on depth chart?
jason allen on a thin line for roster spot???

Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:08 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

FINesse wrote:

rookie hazing .... eat the stadium food.

I'd like to nominate this for post of the week lol

Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:09 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

moley wrote:
3 sacks for charles grant seems to point to issue`s with our guards not sure who it was against thomas and incognito??

Rook John Jerry gave up two of them.

Grant schooled the child...

Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

moley wrote:
nate ness 4 ints so far in camp ,he plays corner,safety and special teams
think his overtaken nolan carroll on depth chart?
jason allen on a thin line for roster spot???

I know it's fun to single out Jason Allen because he is a former 1st rounder...But he is #1 on the depth chart at corner right now...And a good special teams player...I don't seeing him getting cut......Contrary to popular belief he is good for the team even though he isn't living up to your standards.
The world needs ditch diggers too!!!

Quote:
The coaches demoted the man who started 16 games last season to second-team status. And in moving Smith down, they raised Jason Allen to first-team.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/06/1 ... z0w1RqyrHU

Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:25 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

You sure they didn't mean Will Allen?

Jason Allen is NOT a #1 or 2 CB... don't worry about his place on the chart during camp.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:48 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

:pumpiron:

Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:21 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Tweets from Sun Sentinel writers Omar Kelly and Mike Berardino as they cover Dolphins Training Camp on Saturday:

---------------------

The Sun-Sentinel is reporting that rookie ILBer Austin Spitler had salmonella poisoning. Spent 2 nights in the hospital. Lost 15 pounds.

Rookie CB Nolan Carroll spent a little bit of time working as the team's nickel cornerback. That's a step in the right direction.

Randy Starks looked like he got winded during Saturday's scrimmaged. I'm not sure he can play more than 30 snaps right now.

For the record, Dolphins OLBer Koa Misi did nothing special today, which means I'm still waiting to see him flash something.

"I'm a put my feet in some ice.I'm hurting right now, my whole body.I need some rest. As much rest as I can get," Dansby on day off tomorrow

"I'm blessed to be versatile. God gave me a gift and I'm just trying to use it," said Karlos Dansby, who was dropping DEEP into coverage.

Rookie WR Roberto Wallace produced a nice long catch from Tyler Thigpen. Problem was Lionel Dotson would have sacked him before the throw

DE Ryan Baker produced a deflection, came right after a QB pressure from him at LDE vs. Garner. Baker admits he isn't working at NT much now

Here's a difference between Donald Thomas and Richie Incognito at that LG battle. Thomas pulls much better. Gets to 2nd line of defense.

Nate Garner took a few reps with the first team at left guard late in the scrimmage. He'd previously been working at RT.

Nate Ness broke up an endzone pass to Roberto Wallace during the redzone work. Don't know what Ness will play (CB or FS) but he makes plays.

New Dolphins TE David Martin admits he's not in ideal shape and needs to get his football legs under him. But he's the 2nd TE right now.

Brandon Marshall said when rumbling of David Martin returning to the team got around the leftover players "got all excited" Now he see's why

Tyler Thigpen threw a touchdown pass in the back of the endzone to David Martin during 7-on-7 drills.

Chad Pennington's arm is clearly an issue. His balls are fluttering these days and cornerbacks get good breaks on them.

ILBer Austin Spitler was back at practice after missing sessions since Tuesday.

Sean Smith got to the quarterback on a corner blitz, beating FB Rolly Lombala. Cornerbacks are coming a lot. Not telling you who's dropping.

DE Charles Grant who has spent all week on the third team line, produced 3 sacks and is a threat as a pass rusher. Can u say nickel package

Pat White had a respectable day. I didn't see it for myself, but I'm told he didn't soil his diaper during the scrimmage.

Sean Smith made a nice breakup on a pass to Marshall to redeem himself from a week of schooling. Brandon actually said he's catching up

Some of my overall observations..The defense kicked the offense's backside. Blitzes from everywhere. Too much mixing and matching on offense

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 3922.story

Sad news! But never lose confidence...

Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]