View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Talking points: Questions persist about Chad Henne as No. 1 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Talking points: Questions persist about Chad Henne as No. 1
Quote:
1. Chad Henne has yet to prove he’s the bona fide No.1 quarterback.

Henne was good, not great, in Saturday’s scrimmage, and coach Tony Sparano gave him a supreme vote of confidence afterward, saying he’s completed more than 75 percent of his passes in training camp to this point and insisting he’s the unequivocal choice to be the starting quarterback this season.
Sparano can say what he wants. Truth is, Henne still has not put his stamp on this team, either in preseason or last season, and until he does the specter of Chad Pennington is going to lurk in the background.

Those who remember last preseason recall that Henne had already been deemed the heir apparent to the job by Sparano but failed to convincingly demonstrate that he was that guy. Then he went out and threw 12 touchdown passes and 18 interceptions as the starter once Pennington went down.

Bottom line: Henne has yet to prove himself. And until he does, the realization that a healthy Pennington is ready to step in won’t go away.

2. The offensive line experimentation has to end sometime.

3. The offense won’t enjoy tonight’s film session.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... e-as-no-1/

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Talking points: Questions persist about Chad Henne as No. 1
He only threw 14 picks, not 18...and Mark Sanchez is a Super Bowl winning quarterback and he threw 20 picks with just as many TD's as Henne.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
He only threw 14 picks, not 18...and Mark Sanchez is a Super Bowl winning quarterback and he threw 20 picks with just as many TD's as Henne.

Wait, Sanchez is a Super Bowl winning QB?

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Wait, Sanchez is a Super Bowl winning QB?

Didn't you hear? They've already won this year's Super Bowl...and they were the favorites last year because Sanchez is so good.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:06 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

It is so annoying when I read things like this.... u wrote this showing that ur not a real phins fan this is hennes team... get ur facs right he had 14 ints jet players give there qb love n he had a worst statistical season then henne did being part of a team means the fans to once u start bringing our players down u bring the team down this site is starting to annoy me seriously...

Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:13 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Auguste88 wrote:
It is so annoying when I read things like this.... u wrote this showing that ur not a real phins fan this is hennes team... get ur facs right he had 14 ints jet players give there qb love n he had a worst statistical season then henne did being part of a team means the fans to once u start bringing our players down u bring the team down this site is starting to annoy me seriously...

You might want to check out the link. The writer is actually someone who gets paid to state his opinions. In other words I did not write this article just posted it on this site with a link to the original article. If you follow the above link I believe you will find a place where you can direct your ire so that it might have some useful effect? Or at least there the author can contemplate your verbiage.

Here is a brief bio on the actual author.
Quote:
Name Brian Biggane
Location Boynton Beach, FL
Bio A Palm Beach Post sports writer for 29 years, I came to the Dolphins beat in September 2008 after covering the Florida Panthers for 14 years.

http://twitter.com/bbiggane

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:22 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

You what they say. "opinions are like...."

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:44 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Heres my take for whatever its worth. I dont know if Henne is a true #1 yet & even what Sanchez did last year you cannot say he is a true #1 as well. Like I have said before I hope they both become super stars in this laeague because I love the divisional rivalries when you can look forward to 2 elite QB's going at it twice a year.
Now , in their first seasons both players have shown enough promise that their teams are starting to build the franchises around them. Both have also shown that they just might not be the real deal either , time will tell but that is also the great thing about this. We talk about them both as if they are (& hopefully so) going to be leading these teams for the next 10 years but they can also just as easily be has been trivia questions in 4 years.
Just the fact however on all the buzz that they are generating & only into their second seasons it will be their play that makes or breaks their teams seasons I think these guys will get real used to each other & gain a respect for each other for years to come.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:53 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

dolphinjim wrote:

lol. I am not sure, are you aiming for something along the line of a self - fulfilling prophecy?

Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:58 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

^^^or a certain body part that everyone has the excretes brown waste from the body.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:

Quote:
lol. I am not sure, are you aiming for something along the line of a self - fulfilling prophecy?

00xtremeninja wrote:
^^^or a certain body part that everyone has the excretes brown waste from the body.

I am familiar with the quote but its crudeness was something I was trying to avoid.

I was afriad that the humor might be to subtle or maybe it is not even humor at all like my kids tell me. lol.

Hint the first quote is what ...? another opinion.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:57 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Auguste88 wrote:
this site is starting to annoy me seriously...

Please let us know how much more annoying we need to get for you to leave.

Thanks.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]