View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 injurys mounting up[cobbs the latest] 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post injurys mounting up[cobbs the latest]
Patrick Cobbs' injury results in uncertainty for Miami Dolphins

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/08/1 ... z0w04X8Prm

BY DAVID J. NEAL
dneal@MiamiHerald.com

Patrick Cobbs shrugged when asked how long he would be missing practice with the sore hamstring that kept him out Friday and Saturday, a reply the publicly soft-spoken Cobbs might give even if he was not subject to being fined by the Dolphins for talking about his injury.

What this means for Miami also is a shrug -- either a shrug of the unknown on special teams or one saying this is just another training camp issue and not a big deal.

The Dolphins' No. 3 running back and arguably No. 1 special-teams player also is the kickoff returner who brings the coaching staff the most comfort (one reason Cobbs also is the No. 1 player in coach Tony Sparano's football heart). With the loss of Kory Sheets to a torn Achilles this week, the Dolphins now give all the kickoff-return repetitions to Tristan Davis, a running back on the practice squad last year, and rookie Nolan Carroll.

If the Dolphins want Cobbs to rest the hamstring, a testy body part when it comes to injury, they might limit what he does in the preseason. That would give them time to take a good look at Davis and Carroll, who said he is almost all the way back from the broken leg that ended his 2009 season after two games.

``I was walking three weeks, even a month before I was supposed to,'' Carroll said. ``My leg was healed almost two months from my surgery. The doctors didn't know what it was. They thought it was some kind of miracle. But it was just me working harder and harder every day.'' INJURY UPDATES

In addition to Cobbs, center Jake Grove and wide receiver Greg Camarillo missed the scrimmage.

Camarillo had the same knee ``tweak'' from Friday morning that kept him out of that afternoon's practice. Grove's injury is unspecified, although he went through Friday afternoon's practice with no apparent problem. He missed four games last season with an ankle injury.

Andrew Hartline and Joe Berger handled the center duties for all three teams Saturday.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/08/1 ... z0w04RtLLo

Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:41 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: injurys mounting up[cobbs the latest]
I thought Camarillo tweaked his groin, not his knee. Consistency in reporting is getting pretty sad.

Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]