View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Dolphins to have 100 play scrimmage today (Aug 7, 2pm) 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Dolphins to have 100 play scrimmage today (Aug 7, 2pm)
Free and open to the public.

Quote:
What to watch for during Saturday’s Dolphins scrimmage
by: Omar Kelly August 7th, 2010 | 8:39 AM

Here’s a 10 spot of things I’ll be watching for during the Miami Dolphins’ Saturday scrimmage, which starts at 2 p.m.

1. Who will Brandon “The School Teacher” Marshall be giving a lesson to today? Marshall is good every day, but he’s DOMINANT just about every other day. I suspect he’ll turn it on for the fans watching the 110 play scrimmage. It’ll be interesting to see how Sean Smith and Vontae Davis respond to the challenge.

2. I’ll be judging Sean “Medio Bestia Mexicano” Smith against everyone BUT Marshall, and he needs to make plays on the ball like he did during last year’s exhibition season. Smith needs to shake off his early struggles and play with confidence.

3. Will Koa Misi flash at me by making a possible game changing play? I need a sack, a tackle for loss, an interception, a deflection, something to makes me finally see what these coaches are all excited about.

4. Can John Jerry move Kendall Langford, opening up running lanes, and how many assignments will he bust, if any? I appears the Dolphins third-round pick is going to be starting the exhibition opener and we need to know if he’s ready.

5. Which center – Jake Grove or Joe Berger – is able to move Randy Starks during one-on-one blocking? That’s camp’s fiercest battle and today’s scrimmage will likely determine who starts the exhibition opener.

6. Will Nolan Carroll and Reshad Jones, the two drafted rookies in the secondary, continue to improve? Will they continue to make plays on the ball and limit their mental mistakes?

7. Who will be manning the nickel spot behind Will Allen, and how does he look. Jason Allen’s presently that guy, but considering he’s simply adequate (that’s right, I’m not buying what Tony Sparano’s selling), I hope the Dolphins can do better.

8. Did Chad Henne not use his tight ends early in camp and the OTA’s because they weren’t any good, or does he simply not throw to his tight ends? How much of a difference does David Martin’s addition make to that unit?

9. How much is Chad Pennington throwing, and who is he working with? Is Pennington’s arm starting to wear down. If cornerbacks continue to make good breaks on his passes then it’s time to start worrying about Mr. Accuracy.

10. It’s obvious Cameron Wake can rush the passer. But can he be stout against the run, and can Wake cover a tight end when asked to drop back into coverage?

I’ll be back after the scrimmage to tell you the outcome.

Deuces.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:34 am
Profile WWW
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Post Re: Dolphins to have 100 play scrimmage today (Aug 7, 2pm)
Does anyone know if this will be webcast?

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:31 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

NFLJunkie wrote:
Does anyone know if this will be webcast?

It won't be according to Omar Kelly and Ben Volin via twitter.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:35 am
2013 Blog Writer VIP
2013 Blog Writer VIP

Where's our Phinfever boots on the ground guy? :yay:

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:42 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

My wife and I will be there, I'll try to get some notes to share..

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]