View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Sparano pleased with the improvement of WR Patrick Turner 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Sparano pleased with the improvement of WR Patrick Turner
In situations like this, I do not put a lot of stock in Sparano's comments. He is not forthcoming when it comes to fringe players. Still, Turner has so much potential, I would like to think that maybe he's turning the corner.

Barry Jackson wrote:
Sparano is pleased with the improvement of receiver Patrick Turner, who missed the May and June practices after undergoing an offseason back procedure.

``I like what he's done,'' Sparano said. ``It's hard to believe, but through this injury he seems to be running better.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/03/1 ... guard.html

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:04 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Sparano pleased with the improvement of WR Patrick Turner
Please somebody....offer me a pick for Turner.....

That is how it should be read. Seriously, the guy couldn't crack the lineup on our very poor 2009 receiving corps....not even off the bench. Anything he does is bound to be an improvement over 2009....but that isn't saying much.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:51 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Please somebody....offer me a pick for Turner.....

That is how it should be read. Seriously, the guy couldn't crack the lineup on our very poor 2009 receiving corps....not even off the bench. Anything he does is bound to be an improvement over 2009....but that isn't saying much.

Well, if you go back and look at his stats in college. You'll notice a pattern. He caught more balls for one year to the next. Which leads me to a comment that his college coach (Pete Carroll) mentioned during the offseason on Turner.....

Quote:
Tim Graham, of ESPN.com, reports Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll said he believes Miami Dolphins WR Patrick Turner will become a productive player but needs time to develop and get more comfortable with his situation. Carroll said Turner's development went slow at Southern California but was a great player when he got more comfortable.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/20963/nfl#ixzz0vgtQoY4I

You also have to remember his surgery last season.....Anyway's, I hope he makes it because he could be a another big threat body for this team. He's been in Marshall's "back pocket" during camp.....

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:03 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Well, that's a good sign. It won't take much for him to improve over what he did last year. All that he will need is 1 catch and it's an improvement.

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]