All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12192
Location: Raleigh, NC
That was a pitiful draft for quarterbacks.

Peter King wrote:
The Draft Ain't Everything Dept.: There were 10 quarterbacks picked in the 2007 NFL Draft, and to this point, the best passer to come out that year wasn't drafted. That could change this year with Kevin Kolb taking over the Philly job, but as of today, the best guy from 2007 is Matt Moore. Dallas signed him as a college free-agent that year, and Carolina picked him up when the Cowboys cut him. Since then, Moore has shown enough for Panthers coach John Fox to give him the starting job in 2010. Judging the 2007 quarterback products by quarterbacking rating:

Image


http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... mqb/3.html

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5173
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
I remember we were all so high on Beck .... I remember the comments how he was ranked ahead Quinn on some boards & that we actually got the best QB in the draft.
I guess you just never know.
Still , watching Brady Quinn with his girlfriend during that draft was priceless as well as alot of Dolphin fans reaction when we did not draft Quinn was also great.
Looking back it was the right move.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:05 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
FINesse wrote:
I remember we were all so high on Beck .... I remember the comments how he was ranked ahead Quinn on some boards & that we actually got the best QB in the draft.
I guess you just never know.
Still , watching Brady Quinn with his girlfriend during that draft was priceless as well as alot of Dolphin fans reaction when we did not draft Quinn was also great.
Looking back it was the right move.


Lol well that can certainly be questioned considering the guy we did take instead of Quinn is no longer with the team.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:06 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12192
Location: Raleigh, NC
I liked Quinn's leadership and fearlessness, but his accuracy was terrible. I didn't think he was worth a 1st round pick.

Man, that was a crap of a draft for anyone needing a quarterback. How can there not be a single franchise quarterback? The jury is out on Kolb and Moore, but things look hopeful for them in year 4 ... and that is a long time to wait for your investment.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
FINesse wrote:
I remember we were all so high on Beck ....


Hm..speak for yourself. I bashed that draft and Cam Cameron from Day 1, and it got me to be labeled a hater.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:32 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
Iowafin wrote:
FINesse wrote:
I remember we were all so high on Beck ....


Hm..speak for yourself. I bashed that draft and Cam Cameron from Day 1, and it got me to be labeled a hater.


Freakin Iowa... that guys such a hater!

:ann0y:


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
IamPZ wrote:
FINesse wrote:
I remember we were all so high on Beck .... I remember the comments how he was ranked ahead Quinn on some boards & that we actually got the best QB in the draft.
I guess you just never know.
Still , watching Brady Quinn with his girlfriend during that draft was priceless as well as alot of Dolphin fans reaction when we did not draft Quinn was also great.
Looking back it was the right move.


Lol well that can certainly be questioned considering the guy we did take instead of Quinn is no longer with the team.


Yeah, no kidding. Whether Quinn was a flop or not, passing on him wasn't the right move. That draft sucked, that GM sucked, and so did the head coach. Let's move on from that catastrophe. Nothing good came of that year.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
IamPZ wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
FINesse wrote:
I remember we were all so high on Beck ....


Hm..speak for yourself. I bashed that draft and Cam Cameron from Day 1, and it got me to be labeled a hater.


Freakin Iowa... that guys such a hater!

:ann0y:


:angry:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12192
Location: Raleigh, NC
Iowafin wrote:
Nothing good came of that year.


Except for Parcells and Camarillo.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Big Dave wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Nothing good came of that year.


Except for Parcells and Camarillo.


2007 was a year to forget, but once 2008 rolled around things got better. Patriots lost, Miami got Parcells, Brady gets hurt, Miami wins division, etc.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:32 am 
Offline
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm
Posts: 894
Location: Orlando, Fl
QB classes like 2007 make the 1983 class look even better!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:57 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 226
Big Dave wrote:
I liked Quinn's leadership and fearlessness, but his accuracy was terrible. I didn't think he was worth a 1st round pick.

Man, that was a crap of a draft for anyone needing a quarterback. How can there not be a single franchise quarterback? The jury is out on Kolb and Moore, but things look hopeful for them in year 4 ... and that is a long time to wait for your investment.


I think Troy Smith may also have a future in the league. Not every draft is going to have a franchise QB but they should have a decent starter or two.

_________________
Thanks for making the sig PZ.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r