View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins training camp: Day 2 practice report 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Post Miami Dolphins training camp: Day 2 practice report
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 3813.story

— Brian Hartline is spending day 2 as the wide receiver paired with Brandon Marshall. Davone Bess and Greg Camarillo paired together on 2nd

— Andrew Gardner has exclusively worked behind Jake Long as the backup left tackle for the Dolphins.

— Lydon Murtha and Nate Garner are rotating as the second team right tackle. Garner said coaches want him to learn that spot.

— Dolphins D-lineman Ryan Baker is working as a NT today. He's the only guy crosstraining, learning both positions.

— It appears Pat White & Chad Pennington are sharing reps as the third team QB, playing behind Chad Henne and Tyler Thigpen.

— Dolphins CB Evan Oglesby was placed on active/non-football illness yesterday. Yes, that's illness, not injury.

— Ikaika Alama Francis is even doing position drills with the outside linebackers. Looks like this position switch is legit.

— No sign of CB Evan Oglesby at Dolphins practice for the second straight day.

— Newly signed D-lineman Montavious Stanley is being used as the third team NT, not rookie Travis Ivey.

— Charles Grant is working as the Dolphins third team LDE, playing behind Kendall Langford, and Tony McDaniel.

— John Jerry and Cory Procter continue work as the Dolphins starting guards. Jerry on the right, Procter on the left.

— Joe Berger is working as the team's starting center, replacing Jake Grove, who started on Friday.

— Ikaika Alama-Francis is still working as an OLBer and it appears he's running with the first team, paired with Cameron Wake.

— Dolphins QB Pat White is in attendance today and participating in practice.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:35 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Miami Dolphins training camp: Day 2 practice report
A couple things I noticed out there:

First off, it was hot-extrememly hot.

White looks improved, his passes are coming out with more power and actually hit his targets, although I did see him come up short on one pass (about 15 yards down the sideline).

Kory Sheets is FAST, he stood out in RB drills because he was just so much quicker than the others. There was one play where he hit the corner and cut it up field before anybody was within 5 yards of him.

Odrick was looking great, I was watching him go against the O-line(couldn't tell if it was first string or not) and he was blowing by them consistently.

Brandon Marshall blew by a group of what looked like 4-5 defenders and got nice seperation, but it was a poorly thrown pass. Another play he crossed over the middle and grabbed the ball in between 2 defenders and headed upfield. He's gonna be exciting to watch this year.

There should be absolutely no controversy over Henne/Thigpen. Every single one of Henne's passes were on point while Thigpen struggled to drop it over the net and to Fasano. Thigpen's passes don't come out with nearly as much velocity as Henne. White looks much improved and even a bit bigger. Pennington wasn't out there at first, but he eventually came out and looked like Pennington always looked, accurate but not powerful.

Hartline was the #2, but Bess was getting a lot of action. Camarillo looked really small out there, and was catching mostly underneath passes.

RGM looked the best on kickoff drills, IMO. He was patient and led the defenders inside before making a burst to the sideline and passing them both.

Cobbs and Brown both looked 100% and were fully participating.

Wake is RIPPED, everyone was stunned when he came over to the fence. His body is cut as hell, even my wife was like "wow, who is that?"

Marshall is already a fan and media favorite, he signed the most autographs by far. At one point he even grabbed a little kid from the crowd and put him on the field and told him to go bother Ronnie for an autograph. Bess was pretty chatty with the fans, said he's excited for the Miami Heat, "this town's gonna be rockin'," he told a fan who had him sign a Heat hat.

Thats all I can recall right now, things move very fast and there's a lot to see, most of which is on the far field. All in all it was a great day, I look forward to doing it again next Saturday.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:42 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Thanks man...Good stuff

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:41 am
Profile YIM
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I agree it was HOT. Sat in the far end zone (only shade) so could not see much.
Kory Sheets is fast I saw the play mentioned above.
Grice-Mullen is FAST
Chris McCoy is big
Marshall is a fan favorite, you can really tell he loves being here.

Got Ryan Baker autograph nice guy talked with fans
Pat White was ripped and spent time with fans who were encouraging him.
Spent a lot of money in the pro shop.
Friend of mine got Hartline, Camarillo, and Brown sigs on his hat.

Had a great time

One more thing Dolphin Cheerleaders are HOT. Got their picture and sigs too :yay:

:jests:

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:59 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Thanks guys, keep the updates coming!

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:15 pm

Quote:
Other news and notes from Saturday morning’s practice:

– Saturday’s practice revolved mostly around special teams. Davone Bess, Ryan Grice-Mullen, Brian Hartline and Taurus Johnson were the punt returners.

– Henne completed 4-of-6 passes in a 7-on-7 drill, but all four completions were dump-offs to the running backs.

– Sparano would not confirm the report that the Dolphins are bringing in Arena League quarterback Tommy Grady in for a tryout.

– Cornerback Evan Oglesby has missed practice the last two days with an illness, and is getting close to returning, Sparano said.

– Fight! Richie Incognito and Tony McDaniel got into it a couple of times at practice, though Sparano and several players quickly ended the tussles.

– In limited reps in an 11-on-11 drill, White sails a deep sideline throw well over Marlon Moore’s head.

– The lineup remained the same Saturday as it was on Friday — John Jerry working at first-team left guard, Cory Procter at right guard, Brian Hartline working opposite Brandon Marshall, Koa Misi and Cam Wake at OLB and Jared Odrick at defensive end.

– When asked what has impressed him the most about Marshall so far, Sparano said his work ethic and willingness to defer reps to younger players. “He’s not afraid to share, which I think I’ve been very impressed with,” Sparano said.

– Sparano said the Dolphins signed nose tackle Randy Starks two years ago because they knew he could play both inside and outside defensive line. “He’s a guy for us that we knew in a pinch could always go inside and play,” Sparano said. “Ghe difference is just now we made a full-time commitment to it, and really don’t have any hesitation with whether or not he can go out there and play the position.”

– The Dolphins are giving a look at DE Ikaika Alama-Francis at outside linebacker.

– Odrick claimed he ran the 300-yard shuttle in 54 seconds, which puts him in the neighborhood of the running backs and quicker players. Sparano wasn’t so sure about that time. “If he’s lobbying to get a hand-off, it isn’t gonna happen.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... lth-issue/

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:15 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

joeschmoe wrote:
A couple things I noticed out there:

First off, it was hot-extrememly hot.

White looks improved, his passes are coming out with more power and actually hit his targets, although I did see him come up short on one pass (about 15 yards down the sideline).

Kory Sheets is FAST, he stood out in RB drills because he was just so much quicker than the others. There was one play where he hit the corner and cut it up field before anybody was within 5 yards of him.

Odrick was looking great, I was watching him go against the O-line(couldn't tell if it was first string or not) and he was blowing by them consistently.

Brandon Marshall blew by a group of what looked like 4-5 defenders and got nice seperation, but it was a poorly thrown pass. Another play he crossed over the middle and grabbed the ball in between 2 defenders and headed upfield. He's gonna be exciting to watch this year.

There should be absolutely no controversy over Henne/Thigpen. Every single one of Henne's passes were on point while Thigpen struggled to drop it over the net and to Fasano. Thigpen's passes don't come out with nearly as much velocity as Henne. White looks much improved and even a bit bigger. Pennington wasn't out there at first, but he eventually came out and looked like Pennington always looked, accurate but not powerful.

Hartline was the #2, but Bess was getting a lot of action. Camarillo looked really small out there, and was catching mostly underneath passes.

RGM looked the best on kickoff drills, IMO. He was patient and led the defenders inside before making a burst to the sideline and passing them both.

Cobbs and Brown both looked 100% and were fully participating.

Wake is RIPPED, everyone was stunned when he came over to the fence. His body is cut as hell, even my wife was like "wow, who is that?"

Marshall is already a fan and media favorite, he signed the most autographs by far. At one point he even grabbed a little kid from the crowd and put him on the field and told him to go bother Ronnie for an autograph. Bess was pretty chatty with the fans, said he's excited for the Miami Heat, "this town's gonna be rockin'," he told a fan who had him sign a Heat hat.

Thats all I can recall right now, things move very fast and there's a lot to see, most of which is on the far field. All in all it was a great day, I look forward to doing it again next Saturday.

Your the man, Joe.

If anybody is going to the afternoon session, it would be more than amazing to give us some inside info on the practice. :yay:

Where's blitzkrieg at?

Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:25 pm

Evening Practice:

Quote:
Sheets runs with good forward lean and shows best burst among that KOR group

— Kickoff return candidates getting work this p.m.: Tristan Davis, Sheets, N. Carroll, RGM, Taurus Johnson.

— Rare drop for Greg Camarillo during skeleton drills. No drops all last season -- in games

— Channing Crowder on "Feed the Wolf" slogan: "I always feed the wolf. My wolf is obese."

— Randy Starks left the field for a few minutes during team drills this afternoon. Was spotted throwing up on the field, treated and returned

— Pat White puts a hand on qb coach David Lee's shoulder, asks question during screen pass drill

— Parcells has that golf cart @ d-line station again and he's leaning forward, watching intently

— Marques Douglas wearing sweatpants. Possible leg issue?

— 2nd str o-line: Gardner, Thomas, Berger, Incog, garner l-r

— 1st string interior o-line: Procter, Grove, Jerry, l-r

— Still no sign of Evan Oglesby, who is ill

— Pat White is back out for more work this pm. Took a few snaps vs no 2 defense

— Folsom, last year's 7th rder, shook his head after Polite left him in dust on a dumpoff. Gonna be tough for JD to stick

— White struggled again with accuracy, got a ball batted down at line, threw some ducks, but also threw some nice deep balls

— Near capacity crowd cheered loudest for near juggling catch by rookie WR Marlon Moore of 50-yard bomb from Thigpen

— Nice battles between Fasano and Y-Bell during pass drills. Fasano busted out a double move for a TD, YB came back with swipe pbu, drew flag

MORE HERE: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... &track=rss

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:20 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

i am so jealous of everyone who gets to go. thank you for the detailed feedback on what ya'll are seeing.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:27 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Nice, thanks for the reports.

Of them all, I have to say Pat White showing improvement is probably the best news so far, last training camp he was all over the place with passes.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Jazzed about Hartline in the #2 slot so far....I have little doubt he will be our #2 receiver this year and expect he will have an awesome season with all the attention Marshall will get. Bess will be the slot guy and with Camarillo for depth, the lineup is looking good.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:08 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Thanks for the updates, but I have a question. I saw on the front page that Pat White is not participating, yet the practice updates say he is there and looking good. Which is it?

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:38 am

hab321 wrote:
Thanks for the updates, but I have a question. I saw on the front page that Pat White is not participating, yet the practice updates say he is there and looking good. Which is it?

He's at practice.....

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:12 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

The Hen wrote:
hab321 wrote:

He's at practice.....

Thanks Hen :yay:

Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]