All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:14 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

That realigns the mystery of whom we will pick. Unless Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray falls to the Dolphins (I can make a list of good QBs whom we've overlooked in the draft), I can see us focusing more on building the trenches in the first two rounds. Maybe even drafting another linebacker. While I HATE trading down, this may be the best year to do that to add another 2nd or 3rd round pick.

RotoWorld wrote:
Dolphins GM Chris Grier said the team will "definitely consider" selecting a quarterback in this year's draft. Grier also praised signee QB Jake Rudock (who has thrown a total of five career passes), noting the 2016 sixth-rounder was a "big kid" who was "in a similar offense." Grier said no decision had been made on the future of Ryan Tannehill just yet, a lie as transparent as the notion the Dolphins are trying to win in 2019. Miami will undoubtedly take a chance on a signal-caller in April's draft, but he could simply be a project who plays behind a one-year veteran stop-gap until the team can lockdown a top-three pick this upcoming season. It's still plausible the Dolphins restructure Tannehill's contract in order to maneuver a trade rather than outright release him as they go for broke in what will clearly be a rebuilding year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11266/chris-grier

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:20 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Please not Murray...please.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:23 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Makchell wrote:
Please not Murray...please.

Unless we're going to run an offense that requires sliders and knuckle balls.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:32 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

haha way too many red flags.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:12 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

If Miami is looking for guys in a more pro style setting we should probably keep our eyes on Ryan Finley, Clayton Thorson and Easton Stick.

There have been rumblings (via Matt Miller) that Thorson is considered a Day 2 pick by a few teams. He has injury issues that hurt his final season, but he makes some really nice throws and is lauded for his leadership. Stick sort of bombed at Shrine Week.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:18 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

If Rudock was picked up because he fits the "mold" of what the new regime was looking for, I don't see a linear correlation in a Kyler Murray pick either.

Personally, I really like Finley. I think there's something there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:25 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Didn't know where to put this so I'll do it here.

If Kyler Murray becomes QB1 (which many are now projecting with his stated commitment to football), this will be three drafts in a row where the first QB taken wasn't even in the conversation until after New Years Day.

Who was talking about Mitch Trubisky going top 5 in December 2015? He was maybe a late 1st or early 2nd Rounder.

Baker Mayfield? Late Day 2 or early Day 3 guy until December of 2017.

Kyler Murray? Baseball player until this past December.

So when I hear about Miami already "tanking for Tua" I have to wonder if guys like Jacob Eason or Jordan Love just set CFB on fire next year. Or maybe there is a kid we've barely heard of who blows past the competition.

Pretty amazing when you think about it.

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]