Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:04 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Bigger than finding a head coach? Yep.

ESPN wrote:
Miami Dolphins

Figure out the quarterback situation.

Miami has waited seven years for Ryan Tannehill to be the guy to lead its franchise out of mediocrity, and it seems the Dolphins have finally seen enough to move in a different direction. They have been scouting quarterbacks ahead of the 2019 draft, and it's likely they will draft a QB or find a stopgap before picking one in 2020. With a new coach on his way, the Dolphins are headed toward somewhat of a rebuild. An exciting, talented quarterback will give this team legitimate promise and a certain future -- two things Miami has missed for the past decade. -- Cameron Wolfe

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2570 ... -nfl-teams

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:21 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Bigger than finding a head coach? Yep.

When not having one is going to prevent us from getting that promising coach, yeah. I agree. That’s why sticking with Gase another year would have been the way to go but again, I don’t know how bad his influence truly became with those locker room issues.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:11 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

You can find a QB this year. Everyone keeps saying tank for Tua or Fromm in 2020 and it sounds good on the surface (I'm sure I advocated to wait for one of them at some point).

But let's use history to teach us a lesson.

2014 draft had Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel and Teddy Bridgewater as your headliners. Derek Carr was your borderline 1st Round guy and Jimmy Garropolo was your dark horse. Plenty of analysts said it was better to wait for 2015 with Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota (the latter being a "sure thing").

Fast forward to the end of this season. With Manziel being the extreme outlier, is there a huge gap between a lot of those names? Mariota hasn't exactly saved his long term job and there were plenty of rumors about TB moving on from Winston.

Who is to say Tua and/or Fromm don't disappoint at the next level while Daniel Jones or Drew Lock become the next Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr?

Miami needs to at least look at all QB options this offseason.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:07 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Draft a qb every year

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:08 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It's better than drafting Harris parker and all the other busts on the roster with gesiski on his way to bust land

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:21 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Makchell wrote:
It's better than drafting Harris parker and all the other busts on the roster with gesiski on his way to bust land

Gesicki was severely misused. Someone posted a stat on how he was asked to block an obscene amount of the time compared to his peers who are also more receiving type.

There is still some hope for him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:03 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
Who is to say Tua and/or Fromm don't disappoint at the next level while Daniel Jones or Drew Lock become the next Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr?

Miami needs to at least look at all QB options this offseason.

Ah, the words of hope, and I totally agree. Hopefully "building an OL" isn't too far behind adding a QB. The best way to ruin a new QB is to let him take a beating. I think this is one of the reasons why we loved Tannehill's toughness. Until the last two games of the season, I never really saw him sweat. With all that pressure in the last two weeks, he looked more horrible than he really is.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]