Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: John Harbaugh
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:22 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

There's a lot of serious chatter that the Dolphins are one of two teams who are going to make a push for John Harbaugh. I like Harbaugh a lot as a coach, but I would NOT give up a first round pick for him. And I have questions about whether he would want to come to Miami as we do not have a starting QB settled for next year. The job isn't the most attractive right now and that's because of the QB position. I guess the question is where does he want to coach for the rest of his career? My guess is that he would really like to stay at Baltimore. Why shouldn't he?

So, the question is, what would you be willing to trade to get Harbaugh?

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Post subject: Re: John Harbaugh
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:58 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

The most alluring thing we have here at the QB position is the soon to be retirement of Tom Brady.
And I do not say that sarcastically. I think that factors in to the next coaches decision to come here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:15 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I still can't figure why he'd want to leave Baltimore. He has the best defense and a big ground game (QB included). Even if he doesn't believe Jackson is his future there is plenty of QB opportunity with the foundation he has there.

I hate to keep going back to trading for a QB in Miami, but perhaps a handshake deal is already in place and they tell Harbaugh that QB X will be on the roster Day 1. Otherwise, as Dave mentioned, he's walking into some serious uncertainty at the most important position. And no, signing Teddy Bridgewater isn't the answer to entice him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:17 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
I still can't figure why he'd want to leave Baltimore. He has the best defense and a big ground game (QB included). Even if he doesn't believe Jackson is his future there is plenty of QB opportunity with the foundation he has there.

Sometimes I think this is all leverage. Harbaugh will use our interest to secure a long term contract with the Ravens. Lamar Jackson will only get better in reading defenses. Accuracy wise, he is who he is. Accuracy doesn't always improve with time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:04 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
jammer wrote:

Sometimes I think this is all leverage. Harbaugh will use our interest to secure a long term contract with the Ravens. Lamar Jackson will only get better in reading defenses. Accuracy wise, he is who he is. Accuracy doesn't always improve with time.

I agree with both of you except on Jackson. Defenses will also get better at reading him. I said it when he was 6-1 after that post on Ross losing faith on his football people after he pounded the table for Lamar. He’s a gimmick player. He sucks at the pro level.

That being said, Baltimore is set up tremendously better for success than Miami is. I don’t know why the hell John would be willing to trade teams.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:11 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Harbaugh has dealt with a middle of the road QB situation his entire head coaching career. Miami is the perfect fit!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:29 am 

Three Yards Per Carry

@3YardsPerCarry
14m14 minutes ago
More
Coach A record last three seasons:
27-21 with one playoff loss.

Coach B record last three seasons:
23-25 with one playoff loss.

The Miami Dolphins are actively exploring a trade using draft picks for Coach A.

The Miami Dolphins sacked Coach B.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:46 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Three Yards Per Carry

@3YardsPerCarry
14m14 minutes ago
More
Coach A record last three seasons:
27-21 with one playoff loss.

Coach B record last three seasons:
23-25 with one playoff loss.

The Miami Dolphins are actively exploring a trade using draft picks for Coach A.

The Miami Dolphins sacked Coach B.

Only a 4 game swing, eh? A high draft pick would be too much to give up for a 4 game advantage over three years.

One thing that does show a difference in Ross's eyes is that Coach A pummeled Coach B on national television twice in embarrassing fashion. The only reason it wasn't 3 times is because we didn't play the Ravens this year. Gase lost HUGE (trying to say this in my best Trump voice) a lot. Losing feels bad, but with the Dolphins it felt utterly embarrassing at times as we didn't even give up a fight.

2016: Ravens 40, Dolphins 0
2017: Ravens 38, Dolphins 6
2018: Didn't play

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:56 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Harbaugh getting an extension and staying in Baltimore, or so it appears via Ian Rappoport.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:56 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

There is a track record for the Dolphins when trading with a NFL team in Baltimore for a head coach. : )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:29 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AQNOR wrote:
There is a track record for the Dolphins when trading with a NFL team in Baltimore for a head coach. : )

Surprised it took this long for someone to mention it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:32 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Surprised it took this long for someone to mention it.

The Don cost us a first round draft pick, but the NFL had to make the Dolphins give it up for swiping Shula from the Colts.

Small note that many of you may not know, but I lived Baltimore the year the Don started to coach the Dolphins. His Colts team won the Super Bowl that year and decayed each year. I was actually a Colts fan the year they won the Super Bowl as my Uncle taught me about the Colts and football as I had never liked football before that. When my dad came back from Vietnam after the Colts Super Bowl win, he was stationed in Key West and that's when I became a Dolphins fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:13 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Big Dave wrote:
Small note that many of you may not know, but I lived Baltimore the year the Don started to coach the Dolphins. His Colts team won the Super Bowl that year and decayed each year. I was actually a Colts fan the year they won the Super Bowl as my Uncle taught me about the Colts and football as I had never liked football before that. When my dad came back from Vietnam after the Colts Super Bowl win, he was stationed in Key West and that's when I became a Dolphins fan.

You picked a good time for sure. I grew into it literally right after Marino retired.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]