All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:06 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I really don't mind the Wildcat, but there needs to be blocking up front to make it work because it looks like a 100% run play. The key is that Ballage needs to show the NFL that he can also throw out of it. And, let's use it sparingly and not out of our end zone on 3rd and long.

Barry Jackson wrote:
Kalen Ballage has run four plays out of the Wildcat this season and gained only eight yards. He also had a 12-yard carry from the Wildcat in the second Jets game that was nullified by a penalty.

Ballage ran the Wildcat 70 times at Arizona State and had considerable success. He also threw four times out of the Wildcat, completing three for 30 yards and a touchdown to tight end Kody Kohl.

But he hasn’t attempted a Wildcat pass with the Dolphins.

Ballage grew up admiring Ronnie Brown and watched clips of that Patriots game in 2008.

“Ronnie was good,” Ballage said. “He was extremely good in college and the NFL. An extremely talented guy. Obviously, if I can do it as good as he used to do it, then it would turn out well. I’ve always been a big fan of Ronnie Brown. I’ve never met him. That would be something cool to work out. I’d like to meet him.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]