All times are UTC-04:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:50 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

..hope u got to see it to the end. Down to the wire, what makes the NFL what it is, and thanks for gutsy head coaches like Lynn of SD, even more thrilling. What a call at the end, going for 2 for the win. This is what college coaches with job security, millions a year for multiple years, can get away with and appear to look so daring in doing it. In the NFL, it’s nothing like that, “job security” doesn’t exist for 30 of the 32 head coaches. This call was the more meaningful by Lynn as this was a game with playoff implications, on the road in KC, having lost 7 in a row to the Chiefs. The Chargers, largely mocked and ignored for having “no home” trailed the whole game but came through at the end, with a defensive stop and a winning drive on offense. And that Phillip Rivers! Man oh man. He does not get enough credit among the great ones in the game. He looks clumsy, can’t move around, doesn’t have the greatest arm but in the gut dept, he is at the top. He threw a 4th down and 6, clutch pass, on that winning drive to a receiver that when Rivers let go of it was completely covered. Rivers put it where he couldn’t have even if he ran up to the receiver and placed it in the guy’s hands!

After SD scored what everyone thought would be the tying TD to send the game into overtime, there was like 7 or 8 seconds left. Rivers goes off the field thinking PAT, his head coach signals 2 and I about fell out of my chair. Is he crazy! Well, that’s how much respect the KC offense demands that a coach is willing to risk the game, and maybe his job, on a 2 yard play to avoid a KC winning TD in OT.

People criticize the Thursday night games, that the home team has a huge advantage. Last night proved why they should keep it for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:49 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

carreramia wrote:
People criticize the Thursday night games, that the home team has a huge advantage. Last night proved why they should keep it for sure.

TNF has overwhelmingly had horrible games.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:08 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Not sure how one game can disprove a general trend but am open to hear the reasoning.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:15 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Wish those teams were on our schedule this year.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:29 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I'd go for 2 as well in KC, December, and Andy Reid. The Chiefs choking is starting a little early but right on schedule!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:33 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

...and the dark side moves a step closer to giving Darth Bellicheat all his playoff games on the Death Star known as Foxboro.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:58 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

00xtremeninja wrote:
I'd go for 2 as well in KC, December, and Andy Reid. The Chiefs choking is starting a little early but right on schedule!

This was their 3rd loss with two games remaining with a rookie QB starting all season. I wouldn’t go that far.

Phinished wrote:
...and the dark side moves a step closer to giving Darth Bellicheat all his playoff games on the Death Star known as Foxboro.

What’s a Death Star?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:48 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Phinished wrote:

Rooting hard for the Steelers this wkend.....although for entertainment purposes I think I would still like to see NE in the conf. final, vs. KC, in KC.....when I consider the alternatives, ie., KC/Chargers, or KC/Pitt, having KC / NE playing for all the AFC marbles should be a heck of a game. If Bellicheat can get past them at that point, well, so long as it isn’t with some dubious PI or phantom personal foul from one of Bellicheat's zebra friends, then more power to them.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]