Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rizzi as a HC.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:41 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

I have heard a lot of stuff about other coaches and possibilities going forward. But in my honest opinion, this guy is the real deal. He has the fire and has been consistently putting the right guys on the field for ST. We already know he is the organized type and he is the one bright spot on our team on Sundays.

There are plenty of reasons why I like Rizzi but mostly because I truly think he loves this team and his job and is the one guy that has made it through all the changes.

Just a thought. I believe he could be the guy.

Thoughts...

Post subject: Re: Rizzi as a HC.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:09 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

If there is a change it is going to be a clean sweep. The hard thing to guess is Ross's state of mind. Does he have the patience to wait 3 or 4 years for a total rebuild? He keeps saying he wants to win now but band aids aren't going to do it.

Can Rizzi hire a bunch of good assistant coaches?

Next time around I think Miami needs to hire someone who has been fired and humbled, but still carries a top notch reputation in the league. If they moved on from Gase in after this season they'd be competing with a lot of teams for HC candidates (Jets, Bucs, Broncos, Browns, Ravens, maybe the Lions).

I think Gase gets one more season but is told he either moves on from Tannehill or they force Tannehill to take a major paycut and face competition for his job. I also think he'll be forced to remove Matt Burke.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:11 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Valid points, but I believe he was the "assistant head coach" when Dan Campbell took over and he was the one basically telling Campbell what to do.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:54 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Rich, I am sure you’re right about the Campbell situation. I know that he was doing a lot of the scheduling things for Dan. I believe he is still listed as Asst. Head Coach now. I just would like to see a true Head Coach that can be on top of the whole game and keep his staff accountable. The bad thing about Gase is that he doesn’t hold himself accountable for his questionable play calling. Also, he isn’t even watching the defense when they are on the field. He seems too busy overthinking the next series and never do what is working.

I’m not saying that Gase hasn’t been saddled with a string of injuries this season and what he was hoping for hasn’t materialized. I have never been an Osweiller fan and I can’t stand that he is as weak as wet toilet paper. He runs for his life every time someone sniffs his jersey.

Ok. This is the extent of my rant. It’s been a few years in the making. Just would like to see a Dolphins Team that actually looks or resembles something of the past.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:34 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

He's doing a fantastic job on Special Teams. His unit is ranked #3 in the NFL.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamst

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:57 am 

Gase needs to hire a strong defensive coordinator who knows what he is doing, not an inexperienced one that needs babysitting.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:19 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Part of the reason behind his "assistant HC" title that prevents other teams from offering him a HC job without the Dolphins permission...

His only other assistant role is because our head coach is not capable of being a head coach while he is being the OC...

Gase needs a play caller so he can become a HC

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]