All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:58 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

In all seriousness, IF Tannehill can’t go after the bye (and I hope he can), these two weeks off seem like an ideal time to prepare Fales and give him a shot. I’m not saying 100% of our issues are on Osweiler, but enough are, and we need a spark.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:19 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

No. The real problems aren’t:

- Gase’s play calling
- the offensive line sucks
- our tiny receivers can’t get open too often

I think we need to keep Brock in. Run Gore more Gase. Caroo needs to be in the starting lineup simply because he is physically better able to deal with press coverage, or to win a jump ball.

Conversely, playing Fales probably helps us to lose even worse....and might give us higher draft picks.

If the team plays competently, I see two wins left....against the Bills at home and against the Jaguars....7-9.....same as it ever was.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:26 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Brock bails too quick when he senses pressure, makes poor decisions, misses reads, etc. what do we have to lose?

‪What’s the argument AGAINST this? How many weeks did Gase list both Fales and Brock as #2 and how he’d go with his “feel.” They must be close in his eyes and we’ve seen enough of Osweiler. We need someone who can improvise, if only a little. Worth a shot.‬

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:08 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AnthonySabaNFL wrote:
In all seriousness, IF Tannehill can’t go after the bye (and I hope he can), these two weeks off seem like an ideal time to prepare Fales and give him a shot. I’m not saying 100% of our issues are on Osweiler, but enough are, and we need a spark.

I would agree, and the media started asking him those questions last week. I think Osweiller has tried hard to win, but his inaccuracy and the sacks he takes is not helping this patched up offense. He missed a wide open Devante Parker yesterday. Sure, all QBs miss passes every now and then but he was wide open.

Even though Fales looked decent in the Bills loss last year, he didn't really stand out this offseason. In fact, I almost felt he was lucky to make the team. Am I just being a fan and asking for the next quarterback on the bench? Maybe, but I don't think Fales would be worst than Osweiller and he may get the team more excited. With a 5-5 record, Gase wouldn't be wrong thinking that the season isn't over yet, and he may harp that Osweiller has for the most part protected the ball, but we are heading in the wrong direction with Osweiller.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:59 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Tannehill is done for the year. Osweiler is exactly who we thought he'd be when they signed him. He had some nice moments in early games but defenses caught up to his tendencies in Gase's offense.

Indy's defense is awful so it would be a nice game to insert Fales. Fales can't stretch the field but its not like Osweiler's bigger arm is currently doing it.

And yes Gase is also at fault here. He picked the groceries so its on him if the meal tastes like crap. He can't trust his QB to make throws or his receivers, his line to block or his receivers to run proper routes. Therefore everything has to be screens and quick outs.

The good news is Fales had plenty of summer reps with all of the backup receivers Miami now has to put in the lineup. It would be such a Dolphins thing if Fales/Carroo/Ford played lights out to get our hopes up and then imploded over the last few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:21 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinished wrote:
I think we need to keep Brock in. Run Gore more Gase. Caroo needs to be in the starting lineup simply because he is physically better able to deal with press coverage, or to win a jump ball.

Can we stop with the Carroo crap and flaunting his size around like he’s going to be a force down the middle and in tight coverage? He hasn’t done a darn thing in several years. He obviously isn’t a good pro. After all these years, it isn’t that simple.

AnthonySabaNFL wrote:
What’s the argument AGAINST this? How many weeks did Gase list both Fales and Brock as #2 and how he’d go with his “feel.” They must be close in his eyes and we’ve seen enough of Osweiler. We need someone who can improvise, if only a little. Worth a shot.‬

The team never should have signed Osweiler.

jammer wrote:
The good news is Fales had plenty of summer reps with all of the backup receivers Miami now has to put in the lineup.

It’s not live action, but solid point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:29 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
jammer wrote:
The good news is Fales had plenty of summer reps with all of the backup receivers Miami now has to put in the lineup.

It’s not live action, but solid point.

Trust me, there was plenty of sarcasm behind that comment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:32 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Trust me, there was plenty of sarcasm behind that comment.

Oh I know, the funny thing is that it still makes sense amidst this **** sandwich we’ve been given to eat.

:)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:40 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Fales would fail. Brock can’t block, get open or call the plays. Brady himself would not be able to win with this trash team and staff. I suppose we could evaluate what we have in Fales, but does anyone really think he is an NFL starter? Really?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:03 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phinished wrote:
Fales would fail. Brock can’t block, get open or call the plays. Brady himself would not be able to win with this trash team and staff. I suppose we could evaluate what we have in Fales, but does anyone really think he is an NFL starter? Really?

I think you'd be looking to see if he is a viable long term backup. A guy who can play 3 or 4 games per year for your and actually engineer a TD drive.

He's not exactly a pup. I think he is already 28 years old and has been in the league a few years. If he can't convince he's worth a roster spot at this stage it gets hard to make a case for keeping him around every year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:20 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Falevember, got to like the sound of that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phinished wrote:
but does anyone really think he is an NFL starter? Really?

That’s kind of the point. The starter is hurt. Therefore, he is the back up..and would be starting in relief of the starter...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:44 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Phinished wrote:
Brock can’t block, get open or call the plays.

He also can't throw an accurate pass in the flat or anything accurate more than 10 yards downfield and he panics when he sees the pass rush.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:45 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Brock sucks. How worse can it be with Fales? Fales will throw a pick? Fales will not score a TD? Check both off for Brock.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:45 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

So tomorrow is the big day in determining Tannehill's status. Gase just said Tannehill upped his throwing program and can throw it deep. The question is how many times can he do it or will the pain resurface.

Per Chris Kouffman, both Tannehill and Gase seem confident that Tannehill will play this Sunday.

I personally think the only game Miami wins down the stretch with Osweiler is versus Buffalo at home, and only because it will be like the Jets game where the defense wins it.

If Tannehill comes back and plays like he did in the first three games of the season then this team is capable of 3 or 4 wins. Now a lot of that is because of the level of competition they'll face.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:31 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

jammer wrote:
So tomorrow is the big day in determining Tannehill's status. Gase just said Tannehill upped his throwing program and can throw it deep. The question is how many times can he do it or will the pain resurface.

I can only wish the best for Tannehill, but showing in a controlled environment that he's throwing deep or throwing many times wl/out pain does not prove he can take a hit, which he will surely get behind this oline, or just from the sheer flow of the game. The resulting injury could be a lot more serious that what he suffers from today.

Miami's season is cooked, with an offense full of backups or players coming back from injury, a defense that is swiss cheese, risking players to career threatening injuries is irresponsible. Same for this playoff mirage, used perhaps to save face, or save jobs. Take your medicine ('your' being the Dolphins), find out what you may have in Fales or anyone else in the depth chart that has shown promise, and go out there and maybe play a spoiler role. While ur at it, start planning 2019.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:40 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

It's safe to say, we don't have anything in Fales or Osweiler. If Tannehill can play.....he needs to go. How he plays, dictates what this Team does post season. If he can't play........we can't waste another season waiting to see his potential.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:31 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Losses are victories at this point anyway. Better to lose out and get some picks for the rebuild that is surely coming.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:52 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:
jammer wrote:

I can only wish the best for Tannehill, but showing in a controlled environment that he's throwing deep or throwing many times wl/out pain does not prove he can take a hit, which he will surely get behind this oline, or just from the sheer flow of the game. The resulting injury could be a lot more serious that what he suffers from today.

Miami's season is cooked, with an offense full of backups or players coming back from injury, a defense that is swiss cheese, risking players to career threatening injuries is irresponsible. Same for this playoff mirage, used perhaps to save face, or save jobs. Take your medicine ('your' being the Dolphins), find out what you may have in Fales or anyone else in the depth chart that has shown promise, and go out there and maybe play a spoiler role. While ur at it, start planning 2019.

I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:37 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Quick update, Tannehill throwing at practice and seems to be fine. This of course isn't game action but according to beat guys he has most of his zip and throwing 20 plus yards downfield.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:36 am 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

For countless games in his 7 years Tannehill has been better prepared to play that he's today and the questions if he's the answer or not have persisted and grown, so I don't see why or how today anything new can happen other than bad news. Today he's playing marginally healthy, and it's his throwing arm of all things. His supporting cast is down to a washed up draft pick in Caroo, a fragile Parker playing with a bum shoulder, and Stills nursing some leg injury. The oline is playing with two backups in the middle, the area that gives THill the most trouble when dropping back, and his two tackles, one of which (James) isn't great shakes even when healthy, are both coming off injury.

It's crazy to play Tannehill in his current state, both for him and for the franchise. For him the risk of greater injury, if a 300lb runaway train crashes Thill down on his throwing shoulder, could threaten whatever career he has left, here or elsewhere. For the franchise it shows how desperate they are, especially Gase who should feel enough job security to risk losing without risking Tannehill to further injury.

I'll be rooting for Tannehill to just come out of this healthy, the hell with wins and losses. Hopefully the running game and defense can carry the day. Doubt it but I'm rooting for that. And when he has to throw, he better have his legs fresh and ready to move at the slightest threat. He better get rid of the ball in fractions of a second, even if it's for 2 yard gain. Punting is not a bad idea if he can come out with his arm still attached to his shoulder.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:22 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

This post is VOR-worthy!

carreramia wrote:
For countless games in his 7 years Tannehill has been better prepared to play that he's today and the questions if he's the answer or not have persisted and grown, so I don't see why or how today anything new can happen other than bad news. Today he's playing marginally healthy, and it's his throwing arm of all things. His supporting cast is down to a washed up draft pick in Caroo, a fragile Parker playing with a bum shoulder, and Stills nursing some leg injury. The oline is playing with two backups in the middle, the area that gives THill the most trouble when dropping back, and his two tackles, one of which (James) isn't great shakes even when healthy, are both coming off injury.

It's crazy to play Tannehill in his current state, both for him and for the franchise. For him the risk of greater injury, if a 300lb runaway train crashes Thill down on his throwing shoulder, could threaten whatever career he has left, here or elsewhere. For the franchise it shows how desperate they are, especially Gase who should feel enough job security to risk losing without risking Tannehill to further injury.

I'll be rooting for Tannehill to just come out of this healthy, the hell with wins and losses. Hopefully the running game and defense can carry the day. Doubt it but I'm rooting for that. And when he has to throw, he better have his legs fresh and ready to move at the slightest threat. He better get rid of the ball in fractions of a second, even if it's for 2 yard gain. Punting is not a bad idea if he can come out with his arm still attached to his shoulder.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:03 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

For some strange reason, I am going to root for the Phins to win. I guess it is a fan thing or something. : )

Tannehill is getting paid plenty of money to play if he can. I imagine there have been discussions about the possibility of injury and risk/reward scenarios with doctors and Tannehill. I don't want anyone hurt or their career to be ruined. Regrettably, it is part of the game.

If he is not healthy enough to execute the read option then he should not play imo. His athleticism needs to be made use of for the Phins to be successful.

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]