All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:56 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Dolphins had originally tragetted the Jets game for his return, but he still does not have the velocity on his passes. We saw that with his first pass against the Patriots. Something is not right with that arm.

Jason Leiser wrote:
“He can throw a football; It’s just how much power he can put behind a ball?” Gase said. “Even that week, when he tried to throw, he’s throwing it (and) everything looks normal, but for him, he’s like, ’I’m not getting that stroke that I want. I’m not able to get the velocity, that power.

“That’s really what it’s going to come down to: When he does throw the next day, how does he feel? And can he repeat what he did the day before? We’ve got to be careful here. When you’re a starting quarterback, you go out there and throw 100-plus balls, the next day when you’re coming off an injury like that and haven’t thrown in a while, you’ve got to be careful.”

At this moment, Gase says he truly doesn’t know whether Tannehill could play a game.

Jason Leiser wrote:
Tannehill is known for having a high pain tolerance and playing through minor injuries, which is part of what makes this issue concerning for Gase. If Tannehill is acknowledging he can’t play at full capacity, it’s serious. He made 77 consecutive starts before a season-ending knee injury in 2016.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20 ... in-vs-jets

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]