It looks like defenses are testing our zone to see where we are weak covering the TE.
Barry Jackson wrote:
According to Pro Football Focus, seven Dolphins have handled coverage against tight ends in the first three games of the season. Per PFF, here’s how they have fared:
▪ Jones: Has allowed two of four passes against tight ends to be caught for 26 yards and an interception.
▪ McDonald: Has allowed three of five passes against tight ends to be caught for 50 yards.
▪ Cornerback Bobby McCain: Has allowed one of two tight end targets to be caught for 17 yards.
▪ Corner/safety Minkah Fitzpatrick: Usually matched up against receivers, Fitzpatrick has allowed one of two tight end targets to be caught for 12 yards.
▪ Linebacker Kiko Alonso: When covering a tight end, he has allowed two of four targets to be caught (by by Cook), for 21 yards.
▪ Linebacker Raekwon McMillan: Against tight ends, has allowed two of three targets to be caught for 21 yards
▪ Linebacker Jerome Baker: Has allowed all four tight end targets to be caught for 39 yards.
Baker, who’s 6-2 and 225 pounds, said he hopes he has the change to cover Gronkowski, even though Gronk is four inches taller and 43 pounds heavier.
In fact, Jones has allowed three TD passes to Gronkowski in the last three games that he has played against Miami, including one in a 2015 game in which he caught six passes for 113 yards.
Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy