All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:53 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

we should be up at least one TD if not more.....penalties galore have killed the Fins...back to back, offensive holding and a super questionable offensive PI, negated good gains that would have resulted in at least a FG if not more right before the half....THill missed a wide open Still just before those penalties in the endzone, leading him too much....but overall, Miami on defense was getting worn out by the heat and the Raiders oline....a killer personal foul penalty on Spence after a Wake sack on 3rd down allowed the Raiders to continue their drive that ended on a FG...Spence was kicked out of the game....this after the Fins lost another dlineman, Hayes, to injury, making the dline thin in the heat and against the Beast and that huge Raiders oline....overall lucky to be down 3.

the Thill bomb to Still for the TD was a thing of beauty, long arching throw in the back of the endzone, perfect pass...after catching it Still smashed against the barrier which I think is too close to the endzone, this barrier erected to give Ross and his honchos more money when they extended the seats much too close to the back of the endzone...Stills was running full speed as he caught the ball and dragged his feet at the back of the endzone and had no time to slow down. Ridiculous money grabbing move that exposes players to injury.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:02 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The referees are taking this game away from both teams. Bogus calls.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:07 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

The Phins are getting hosed today at home by the refs. BS calls galore, the worst coming before halftime. Dolphins complete a pass down to inside of Oaklands twenty.....but Kilgore gets a holding call because his block was good and the Raider player went down. No holding, just BS. Then Stills gets hit by a linebacker inside of 5 yards of the scrimmage line running a drag route, so they call offensive PI? It was well away from the play and we had a first down. Instead we get 3rd and 19, a sack and no points. Of course, if Tannehill had hit a wide open Stills in the end zone before all this, we would have the lead now.

To make it worse, Hayes hurt himself on a sack. Knee injury, so say goodbye fans. The homer announcer (Bruce Arians, who should know better) was mouthing that he “hoped he didn’t hurt himself with the celebration” as Hayes crawled and writhed in pain. Celebration? Wow, F u insensitive booth puke. Then the announcer moron was calling for a roughing the passer since Hayes came down on QB with all his weight? Hayes landed with hand on ground and on knees, sparing Carr. Should have broke his fall on him, rather than taking out his knee. Next series a linebacker lands full on Tannehill and there was a flag (offsetting, of course), and the goofy a$$ announcer cries that it shouldn’t be a flag because the Hayes hit wasn’t.

Add in stupid penalties that are part of a Gase coached team....one leading to erasing a big Cam Wake sack and the ejection of Akeem Spence and an eventual Oakland FG.

Oh....no one can cover Jordy Nelson. That guy has been crap for two weeks, but he iss all world in Miami.

Trap game....loss looming and a painful one since Hayes will be gone to top it off.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:11 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dolphins are playing awful in my opinion. Offensively they are too passive and aside from that one TD pass, haven't done much of anything on offense. Too many 3 and outs. The OL is doing a terrible job and not creating any running lanes for the backs. Gase's playcalling is vanilla and playing it safe.

Defensively they really cannot stop Marshawn Lynch. He falls down and gets 2 yards at minimum. I'm surprised the score is so close.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:13 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

If Tannehill hit a wide open Stills before the half...and he should have, no pressure on him at all, then it would be 14-10 Phins now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:15 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Gase’s stupid runs and 1yard throws on 2nd and 20 or 3rd and 13 have got to go. Offense looked better throwing downfield before the half....but the zebras played great defense on that series.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:19 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Well....defense sucking here in the 3rd. I think the fairy tale is over.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:21 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Now Baker is hurt. Phins wilting in the heat and not able to handle a physical Raiders team. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:26 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

another offensive PI on Miami on their 1st drive of the 2nd half forced them to punt....of course, they ran on 1st and 20 for 2 yards then a two yard pass then an attempt that would have been short of the first was blocked at the LOS....the former coach of the Cards is in the booth and he's all over Gase and his pedantic first down play calls when it's 1st and long....it's happened more than once in this game....but back to the offensive PI...Trent Green said the refs must have been asked to look for that by the Raiders, because Miami has been called twice, both penalties very hurtful....the Arizona former coach (can't remember the name) said the teams send the officials film to prove what they should be looking for to call....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:27 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Oak very physical, Lynch breaks tackles, Alonso too light to put up a fight and McMillan the MLB he might as well be invisible out there...he's so soft it's ridiculous....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:30 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Easy TD for the Raiders. The vaunted Dolphins D looking like cr a ap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:31 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Okay, I think we know what kind of team we have here now. 7-9 or worse again. I have seen enough of Gase. Can’t wait for him to be fired. I think the whisperer is actually hurting Tannehill. Whenever they open up the passing game, we see success. However, Gase loves him some failure....so he dials up stupid short pass plays to snuff out any offense we might have.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:35 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Miami definitely worn out, playing off, Raider moving the ball easy, finding receivers open and moving the chains....can't get the Raiders off the field, and the problem is compounded by the Miami offense not maintaining possession, putting the D back out there....Oak scored after a long drive, they are now up 17 to 7 and the D glad they are off the fieldl.....Miami forced to bring in Jesse Davis to play dline on the goal line play, I've never seen that, a starter olineman has to fill in on the dline...that's how desperate the Fins find themselves

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:38 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Game is 17-14, and the Dolphins D just made a nice stop at the end of the 3rd quarter. The offense is showing signs of life. We'll see if we can move the ball 85 yards to go ahead. I'm feeling a change in momentum.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:39 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

OMG, was that series actually called by Gase? OMG...no stupid 1yard throws? Long passes and an end around......wow.....just wow!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:46 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Big Dave wrote:
I'm feeling a change in momentum.

Well, that was short lived. I did think that Cromartie grabbed Parker's hand on that incompletion. And the last pass by Tannehill ... it wouldn't have been a first down even if he caught it on the play call. The Raiders own the LOS. Start calling plays that actually have worked.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:46 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Miami had to use Jesse Davis the starting guard on the goaline defense...I've never seen that, a starting olineman has to fill in on the dline....that's how desperate the Miami situation has become due to the heat and two key players out and the rest of the lineman just worn out....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:49 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Parker is the wrong target now that Miami is in catchup mode...he plays small, he never wins those one on ones....I knew Parker coming back was going to hurt what Miami had going with Wilson who has barely made a mark today....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:52 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

oh my....Thill throws too soon,...Trent Green talks about it that THillmade up his mind too soon to get rid of the ball while Having Parker wide open underneath that would have gotten the 1st down....these types of decisions, in key moments, are what take away from the good things Thill sometimes shows....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:56 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

darn, darn!!! Miami has them 3rd and 14, pass is short of the 1st, two DBs can't bring down Bryant for the 1st down....one of them was Fitzpatrick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:57 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

What?? Dolphins take the lead on a trick play. Albert Wilson throws a nicely thrown TD pass to Grant, and Grant does his dance all the way to the end zone making the defense miss tackles. Now, that was a great design by Gase.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:05 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

what a play to grant.....awesome, end around, pass to wide open grand who runs it in....Miami has the lead....Wilson threw it on the end around.....Grant was line up behind THill as a RB, then sprinted wide, Miami 20-17, with 7.18 to play....Grant difficult to tackle in the open field, avoided two DBs...this is why Wilson has to be in the game, and keep Parker somewhere else....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:06 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Holy :crap :OMG :OMG

A gadget play TD!

Did someone give Gase some happy pills or something?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:07 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Quinn, great rush, McDonald shoulda had it, it him right in the chest but he let the ball trickle through....that coulda been the game....man, look at Lynch on 2nd down, just pushes the pile and the undersized Miami LBs for almost 8 yds.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:10 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Fitz gets trucked by Lynch....we had them stopped, but McTyver or whatever his name is is called for PI....Oak driving...started inside their 10, they are up across to the Miami 20....gotta hold them to a FG,...3.46 left

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:13 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

xavien howard int in the enzone.....Wake blasts Carr, and Howard made a great catch..., leapt over the receiver and held on and had two feet in, very close....Miami ball, 2.54....can they run some clock off???

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:13 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dang, give Albert Wilson a game ball. He high fives Grant on his run into the end zone.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:15 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Wilson the fins MVP, MVP.....70 plus yards on the end around to zip the game, zipped, win baby, just win....wow....he just took off, it didn't look like he had it then all of a sudden , whhhhhoooossssh!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:22 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Hey Gase, u call the TO to ice the kicker when he's lined up to kick, not when they are just walking around!!! geezzusss!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:23 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Xavien Howard.....huge INT and another end around TD. Gase actually can call something besides runs and 1 yard pass plays. So happy to be wrong about this one. Big emotional win. Holy smokes!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:23 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Fins win, Fins win....it didn't look possible there....these dlinemen have to all go to the spa for a week

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:24 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's fitting that Albert Wilson catches and downs the onside kick. Gruden needs to kick himself. I would have run Marshawn Lynch into the ground. We were clearly having problems tackling him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:26 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

3-0 for the first time since frikken 1998.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (edit: well..I don't know if that's right, some other announcer said since 2013)

Last edited by carreramia on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:26 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Lynch giveth and Carr taketh away....with some help from Xavien Howard and Wake.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:27 pm 
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

and the Wilson run goes down as a THill 74 yd TD "bomb".....sweet for the THill stat makers!!

Happiness in Fins land....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:30 pm 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Howard is so clutch for us

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:31 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Time to open my new bottle of Maker’s 46!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:48 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

That BULL**** PI call on Stills to end the half pissed me off. Glad we got it done in spite of that. That probably took 7 points off the board with momentum going into the 2nd half.

Big Dave wrote:
The referees are taking this game away from both teams. Bogus calls.

Yup. There is nothing more infuriating in sports as an athlete, coach, or fan when a f’ing referee takes control of the game.

carreramia wrote:
3-0 for the first time since frikken 1998.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (edit: well..I don't know if that's right, some other announcer said since 2013)

2013. Miami beat an impressive ATL team at home to go 3 straight...rest of the season...not so good.

Phinished wrote:
Well....defense sucking here in the 3rd. I think the fairy tale is over.

There never was a fairytale. I still believe his team is middle of the road. I love the 3-0 start, but the wins have not been that impressive. This team has many vulnerabilities. Still a playoff caliber team. I don’t see Miami as much of a threat though. Hopefully they start stepping on opponents throats and beat solid teams and prove me wrong.

Last edited by AFCMiamiEast on Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:54 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Tannehill played another great game. No turnovers. Clutch deep throws. Scoring TD's instead of settling for FG's. Howard came up with a huge pick. Spence really hurt Miami with that dumb penalty. Grant and Wilson with huge knockout TD's today. Gesicki looks like he will be a huge weapon for Tannehill. I still cannot believe Oakland shut down the running game.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:55 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Enjoying a 94 proof taste of victory! Woohooo....go Pholfdins!

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next