All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:48 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Obviously our former 2016 6th round pick was going to get cut in favor of Maurice Smith. Nice job getting something for him. I think what impressed me in the article is the leadership of Reshad Jones.

Joe Schad wrote:
One of the toughest and final Miami Dolphins roster cuts would have been defensive back Jordan Lucas.

Instead, Miami was able to acquire a late-round draft choice from the Kansas City Chiefs for Lucas on Friday night.

Lucas played 19 games for Miami over two seasons after he was drafted in the sixth round out of Penn State. Lucas was primarily a special teams asset.

Lucas helped himself and the Dolphins however, with an outstanding showing in Thursday night’s preseason finale at Atlanta.

In that game, Lucas had 1 interception, 1 sack, 2 tackles for loss and 3 tackles.

It is possible now that Dolphins will keep safety Maurice Smith on the roster. It was going to be hard for Miami to keep both players considering they have Reshad Jones, T.J. McDonald, Minkah Fitzpatrick and Walt Aikens all capable of playing the position.

Joe Schad wrote:
After the last game, Lucas said: “It felt good. (Jones) definitely helps me out a lot. Coach made the game plan simple. He wanted us to play fast. To play for each other. Because this is the last time everybody on this team will be together.”

”As Lucas was speaking, Jones approached and congratulated him on a good game.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/fo ... ge5DikovN/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]