View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 AFC East Recievers could still feature T.O. 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post AFC East Recievers could still feature T.O.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/07/14/the-t-o ... -rolls-on/

Quote:
Around The Web
T.O. open to taking pay cut to play for Patriots in 2010

Not to be outdone by the mass media antics of Brett Favre and LeBron James, wide receiver Terrell Owens has taken to the press to plead his case for a role — even a supporting one — in the 2010 NFL season.

On Tuesday, Owens told The Associated Press that, unlike some of the NFL’s “golden boys,” he’s never been disciplined by the league. He defies the long-standing perception that he’s a troublemaker, and points to a state of personal calm with the Bills in 2009, despite Buffalo’s off-the-hinges season.

“There were a number of times where prior I probably would have reacted, said something I wasn’t supposed to say,” Owens told The AP. “I really had some restraint, very patient.”

Wednesday morning, Owens hit the airwaves to promote the second (irresistible) season of VH1′s “The T.O. Show.” Try as he might to pitch this gem, nobody would have it. Talk immediately moved to football — and Owens didn’t disappoint.

In an interview with 96.5 The Buzz in Kansas City, T.O. dismissed the idea of playing for the Chiefs.

“Me and Todd Haley, we don’t get along,” Owens told the host.

Owens made it clear to Boston’s WJMN Radio that the Patriots were a different story.

“I’d definitely be open to that,” he said.

“I mean, you’ve got (Tom) Brady there. You’ve got the great mind, coach (Bill) Belichick,” Owens said. “I’m like LeBron. I can go there and take less of a role, take less money and put everything aside and make it work.”

That’s right. Just like Lebron.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:00 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Post Re: AFC East Recievers could still feature T.O.
With T.O: NE receiving corps.... Randy moss, Wes Welker, T.O, Edelman, Tory Holt, Golden Tate (Aiken and Patten on the outside looking in)

Without T.O: NE receiving corps.... Moss, Welker, Holt, Edelman, Tate, and either Aiken or Patten

T.O would crowd that group too much! Welker will be coming back from injury, once comfortable will demand a HUGE role. Moss is Moss. Edelman is like Welker JR, and will fill his role, and probably be the 4th receiver or secondary slot guy once Welker is back. And Holt was brought in as a veteran presence. T.O. being brought in would invalidate Holt, and vice versa, one will be cut, and the Pats will lose money on this. Golden Tate HAS TO MAKE THE ROSTER, he'll never clear wavers, too much publicity around him, plus Charlie Weiss will scoop him up the minute he hits the wires....

T.O. > Holt, but NE already invested in Holt. 'Nuff said, NE out of the running on T.O. pretty much by default, they have NO ROOM for him, unless they want to carry 6 WRs...... although not having a 3rd QB will leave this option open. But still. NE will have to run 5 wide sets in order to make a T.O. signing even relevant. He'd rotate with Holt on 3 wide sets.... and ultimately impede Tate's development.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:36 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

SkyHigh314 wrote:
T.O. > Holt, but NE already invested in Holt. 'Nuff said.

Will New England sign Owens? I don't know, probably not, but not for the reasons you stated. If Owens is better than Holt, like you say, the "investment" means nothing. It's an uncapped year, so by cutting Holt (I don't think they spent that much anyway) it wouldn't hurt them at all.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:36 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I thought Golden Tate was drafted by Seattle???

How would he make NE's roster being on another team?

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:40 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

That is Brandon Tate, I think they drafted him 2 years ago out of North Carolina

Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:36 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Would it really matter if TO signs with NE? Does he have anything left in the tank? Maybe he will cause problems like he has everywhere he's gone.

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:44 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Yea my bad, that was clumsy on my part. I pulled up a site that had NE's current roster and it said Golden, Brandon is who I meant..... that was my foolish reporting, but still, They'll keep him on the roster cause he wont clear the wires...

Ramifications of cutting Holt could apply to NEXT season as well, which could effect the cap, thats where I was going with that. I believe he had a 2 year deal, so if they cut him (for say a T.O. signing) they could be feeling some of the heat for it next year........ especially when no one knows if there will be a lockout, a cap at all, or a smaller salary limitation for the 2011 season.

Regardless, let T.O. go to the Pats..... Brady will have gray hairs by october (which he'll style like George Clooney and be the hottest athlete alive according to the Boston Globe), and maybe this time around Brady will go off on a limb not only saying that the team doesnt have the heart to finish games and they werent mentally tough enough, but may add that his receivers are all egomaniacs and that he deserves a better corps if hes going to continue to get paid peanuts to stay in NE. (although hes the highest paid on their roster). Nothing like catalyzing the self implosion of the 2010 3rd place Patriots a month earlier than neccessary. :grin:

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:56 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Quote:
As Joe Brocato points out at the tail end of a to-be-posted PFTV segment, the 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, and Bills most likely aren't on his list -- primarily because he most likely isn't on theirs.

But other teams needed to be added, due to the reality that men with whom he has been associated in San Fran, Philly, Dallas, and Buffalo have moved on to other franchises. In Minnesota, for example, former Eagles offensive coordinator Brad Childress likely has no interest in reuniting with a man who once told Chilly not to talk to T.O. unless T.O. speaks to Chilly first.

Quote:
As a result of Owens' past actions, he's essentially dealing with a 20-team league, at most. Though we still think he'll eventually get a job, his reputation not only will result in some teams being hesitant; it'll also result in plenty shouting "hell no."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -tos-list/

After reading this on PFT I just thought it'd be fun to make a list of all 32 teams and give a T.O. opinion on each of them....Enjoy

New England: "Please Belichick, I want to play for you. I'll even take a salary cut. How bout this..... 1 year of service for a Super Bowl ring and a bag of Popcorn to every fan in the Boston area."

NYJ: "My reality show would do well in the city, but I'm not too sure about your QB, Last time I played with a Spanish fella there were issues (Garcia). At least your coach always has his popcorn ready"

Buffalo: "It was too cold for me up there. Plus, I couldnt use my 'that's my QB' line cause I didnt know who was under center every week. Pay me, and we'll win the AFCE I swear!"

Miami: "Its soooo disrespectful to be called 'The Player' by a large aquatic mammal, but I love South Beach, Please Tuna, take me back.....Sparano didnt have a problem with me.... I swear, Ask him, He'd take me."

Pitt: "Mr. Rooney, I can make your team a winner if your QB can keep his weenie in his pants. Im into that at all!!"

Cincy: "Ocho!! Holla! Make room for Numba 81, we gonna make wide receivin' fun again!"

Cleveland: "Mr. Holmgren, I, The Player, can heal the wounds of Mr LeBron. Let me be your savior."

Baltimore: "City of Baltimore, Im sorry I couldnt come to terms to play for y'all in '04, Im ready to be a Raven now. Mr Lewis, I apologize for mocking your dance in '04. Tell 'Quan, I can be his better half on that WR corps."

Indy: "Peyton, lemme show YOU a thing or two........ No?"

Houston: "Andre, Move over, there's a new sheriff in Texas."

Jacksonville: "I hear that your ticket sales are low.... Let me help... I'll fill that stadium with more reporters and camera's than you've seen since the 1999 season. Remember what that was like? Well, the T.O. show can make you famous. Scout's honor!! Oh yea, who's your QB again? right......... ok, so we gonna do this thing or what?"

Tennessee: "With johnson running wild, Im gonna be wide open. Put it this way, If i break 1000 yards, I'll take a 500k discount. You win both ways!"

SD: "I hear Vinny is givin' y'all trouble.... Here's my number, If he don't show up game 1, I'll be ready... But Im rockin' them powder blues cause them sh**s are hot!"

Denver: "Don't y'all need a dominant WR? I'll make that Tebow kid famous!"

KC: "Todd Haley, you better watch your mouth, cause Imma comin' to your division to whoop your arse!"

Oakland: "Al...... Al.... come on..... I'll even give you a discount.... I'll lower my asking price from $5 million to $4.9 million. Im a steal."

NYG: "I've played for 2 of your rivals.... I know the dirt. Bring me in, we can do big things here. Plus I KNOOOOW you sell popcorn in that new big stadium."

Philly: "Mr. Reid, remember how I played with half a leg in the SB? Now that the quitter is gone, lets go win....Nah? Ok, Later!"

Washington: "Mr. Shanahan, Me and Donovan are boys now... We had a juvenille scrap back in the day when he lost that big game for us, but hey! its all cool now. Water under the bridge. Let's get together, I can do big things here in D.C."

Dallas: "Witten, I hate you! Why did you have to go make secret plays without me...::sob::"

Minnesota: "Chilly, It'd be a loooong day in hell before I come play with that old geezer you got up there. Shout out to AP."

Green Bay: "I dropped the pom poms, come on! Your QB's got an arm and I like that. I'll come cheap if you throw in some designer winter jackets for the sidelines."

Detroit: "Pay me double and I'll sell out your stadium. Scout's honor"

Chicago: "I don't like whiny QBs, but hey, Im desperate. I need a winner! I can make JC better, I swear!!!"

Tampa: "I like Florida... Hey, didn't y'all just get rid of a big WR (Bryant)? Is there room for me?"

Atlanta: "DeAngelo Who? I never spit on no one.... it was sweat, and it was his too. I just hissed at him. Plus, y'all got rid of him a while back."

New Orleans: "I like parties, and crawfish..... Reggie, move over. The T.O. Show is comin' to town. Tell Kim she can do a guest appearance or 2. Yea....::sly chuckle::"

Carolina: "Don't worry, me and Stevie Smith are boys! We'll train Clausen all night and day, not each other."

SF: "I aint gonna play for a guy that moons his team. That's some gay sh** right there.... especially in that city."

St Louis: "Excuse me, Who is your QB this season? Just inquiring and letting you know Im available for $8 million dollars."

Arizona: "Popcorn in the Desert. Ho' boy, let's do this! I hear its quite common to do your workout in the driveway and in that 'Zona sun."

Seattle: "Mr. Caroll, come on...... come on... Do the right thing here.... I did good once as a 'bird, lemme do it again.... I know you like your vets. Pus, remember that 'Sharpie' stunt, People in Seattle already gots my autograph."

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:22 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Reading through that, it's amazing to realize how many bridges this guy has burned.

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:00 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I hope he goes to NE. He will destroy what's left of their team chemistry. That will be their final mistake.

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]