1. Coaches don't gameplan for preseason games, certainly not week 2. Don't let's get all uptight about Gase's play-calling. Pretty sure they just wanted RT to get some reps and not get hurt. Also, see what the linemen can do in certain situations.
2. That said, the run D was plagued by misfits and bad execution. I imagine we'll be looking hard at the waiver wire for DTs.
3. We still need a CB to step up. McCain was ok, but ideally he plays nickel so we can use Fitzpatrick more creatively. Because...
4. We still can't cover a TE for crap.
5. Stupid penalties negated big plays and killed several drives. Again. Still. No bueno.
Most of this stuff is correctable, so I'm not hitting the panic button. But I have it within reach just in case.
Your number 5 really stuck out during the whole game to me. Quite frustrating for us as fans so you would think that it would be even more so for the players but they seem to have a knack for it.