Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:23 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Cameron Wolfe
ESPN Staff Writer

Some of Tannehill’s teammates and coaches have noticed that he is taking more ownership of the team this preseason. Tannehill says it hasn’t been his No. 1 focus this offseason, but noted it has been a career-long “progression” and he knows he’s made a jump there in 2018. …

“I definitely see something different than the outside [world] sees,” receiver Jakeem Grant said. “He leads on and off the field. He’s not afraid to get on us. That’s what I feel like a quarterback is. He takes over the offense.”
“That’s what I like him about this year: he’s opening up, spreading his wings and being the Ryan that he really is.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dolphins ... break-year

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:33 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

We will see.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:45 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Obviously, the wide receivers are demanding he be more vocal. He would have never figured this out on his own.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:41 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:
Obviously, the wide receivers are demanding he be more vocal. He would have never figured this out on his own.

Tannehill has really never had to learn until a real starting quarterback. He came in and started from the get go in game 1. Having someone like Amendola who caught passes from the GOAT has been a plus in many ways for Tannehill. I think the talent is there. He needs to stop thinking that he is part of the team and start thinking that he is the man. Gase can't lead from the sideline.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:30 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

A little more here on Tanny's leadership.

Barry Jackson wrote:
Tannehill seems more comfortable in his skin – and as a leader - and he gave a candid assessment this week about why that’s the case.

“I think it’s just been a progression throughout my career,” he said. “I think the more confidence you get as far as games under your belt, time spent with the guys, time in an offense, dealing with all the bull crap that you deal with in this profession, I think at some point you’re kind of like, ‘Screw it. I’m going to be me and do everything I can to win and if they don’t like it, then oh well,’” he said.

“I think that’s part of it. Part of it is Gase and the support he has for me and the confidence he gives me to go out and be me and lead the way I want to lead.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:06 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I just pray he stays healthy so he can once and for all show what he is capable of.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:11 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Comeback Player of the YEAR.

I called it right here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:22 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

k-dash wrote:
Comeback Player of the YEAR.

I called it right here.

:yay:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:11 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I see Tannehill’s last year as a Phin coming....and a losing season. Don’t buy into the BS hype. This team is average at best.

In the first half against Carolina, we have one receiver....Grant....with an 11.3 yard average.....all the rest averaging under 10 ypc. Eitherbour O line sucks hard, of the stupid coaching staff still can’t figure out how to create a real offensive game plan. Captain checkdown is back! Defense giving up big plays too. Way to Go!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:32 pm 

Phinished wrote:
I see Tannehill’s last year as a Phin coming....and a losing season. Don’t buy into the BS hype. This team is average at best.

In the first half against Carolina, we have one receiver....Grant....with an 11.3 yard average.....all the rest averaging under 10 ypc. Eitherbour O line sucks hard, of the stupid coaching staff still can’t figure out how to create a real offensive game plan. Captain checkdown is back! Defense giving up big plays too. Way to Go!

You do understand that the coaches don't gameplan for preseason games, right? :speechless

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:48 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

k-dash wrote:
Phinished wrote:

You do understand that the coaches don't gameplan for preseason games, right? :speechless

Right.... :hithead:

But I also realize that our 1st team offense has no TD’s in preseason. If you think that is good, then keep those rose tinted glasses on. All that short passing crap tells me a lot about this team.

The offense didn’t score a TD till the last 30 seconds of the game. Our defense gave up 3 rushing TD’s and 225 rushing yards. The offense still is snuffing out drives with dumb penalties. Of course, it is hard to sustain drives when you rarely complete passes for more than 5 yards. Sure, Stills and Parker are hurt, but that is Phin’s football....always hurt....always excuses.

A former practice squad QB for the Eagles put up 300 yards and 3 TDs on a Pats team that played Brady for the whole first half....rookie QBs all over the league are throwing TDs. Our starter is throwing check downs and getting fist pumps. Yes....it is preseason. But u play like u practice. I see very little to make me think this team is any better than the team was last year. In fact, it looks worse. Next week should be the full dress rehearsal. Let’s see how they fare against the Ravens who always kick Dolphin a$$.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]