I have no idea. Nfl.com?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:10 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

don't know. I guess we will see Friday. If not I just watch replay on NFLN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:34 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Not sure if Dave wants it in his site pm me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:54 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

If I remember correctly NFL game pass costs 99 dollars and you can watch preseason live and regular season reruns. They may even give you coaches view not sure about that.

If you have NFL channel the are some pre-season games live no Phins games this year i think but show most preseason games within 2 to 3 days later sometimes at 6 or 8 in the mornng.

There maybe some other options for live online viewing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:02 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Wait for the replay on NFL channel and record it. Our games are usually set to air in the middle of the night.....sad, but true.

Finally watched the replay of game one. Offense was okay, but Osweiler needs to go and we need a kicker. Defense seemed shaky.

Fales looked good. Tannehill started out hot..but then missed two throws to lead to a missed fist pump. Never saw Parker at all in that first half....if he was in, he seemed invisible. Ballage runs well....but the fumbles really hurt.

The Phin’s pass coverage on defense was putrid. The Phins held the Buc’s running game to a low ypc average, but gave up key rushing TD’s and rushing first downs. Yuck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:36 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Ok there is a place you can go online to watch the game but there is a warning attached to this, enter at your own risk. Dave I think can fill us in on the potential problems and solving them so you may want to wait for his wisdom before going ahead. I will probably be to verbose as I am trying to be thorough.

The site is first row sports. This can be typed in as one word on your search engine. You are looking for something like firstrowsports.eu/football there will probably be a plethora to choose from.

Unless there is a game that day you will probably find the page empty. If there is a game that day then the ones being played will be listed with start times in military time. After 12 noon just subtract 12. So if you game starts at 7:00 pm it will be listed as a start time of 1900 so you know what section to look in.

Find the game like Miami Dolphins vs Carolina Panthers and click on it. Sometimes depending on the site you now start the battle of actually trying to get to the game. Through out the process the site will try and open pages. This will happen many times even from you first click sometimes so be ready to close these pages as they pop up.

After you click on the game a list will appear that allows you to choose from different feeds sometimes as many 12. Just pick one, sometimes I seem to find friendlier feeds and better quality at the back of the list but not always.

When you click on a feed say the number 5 feed then the site will launch a page with the game.
The game screen will be smaller than your screen but you can adjust if you want. (Control + at the same time usually increases your screen size) Now the fun really begins.

When you get to the game it will take a little bit for the game to start running on you screen you may hear it in the background before you actually see it as your game viewing box will be covered with adds and or messages telling you can not watch this video unless you download something.
Do not download anything

The adds and messages covering up your screen are I guess click bait and them wanting you to click so that malware and other stuff will get on your computer. Somewhere in the mess of adds and messages there are smaller and to me somewhat hidden x's that need to be clicked on to get rid of them.

But wait there is more. When you click on the little x's not the big more prominent ones it will ususally start to bring up the same page again while the first one transforms into another page. Let the second one start up and get rid of the first one ( the one you can hear the game on and see the fringes of play on ) You may have to do this 2 or 3 times. The second page starting up will bring up the game and same type of messages and adds with now maybe one missing. So you may need to repeat the process.

The last time it will try and trick you by bringing up a 2 nd page but not switch to the game but just a regular pop up type of page so kind of tricky sometimes. It is kind of an art form to get to the actucal game. If you stay with it (it actually is not that hard, really) eventually your screen will clear and you can watch the game for "free". The feed sometimes is bad so you may have to go through the process a few times tying different numbered feeds. Periodically a few similar pop up adds may appear during the game that you need to get rid of them (they usually do not bring up a new game page just a pop up add page) and I have found the sooner you click the little x to get rid of them the better.

I think there are other similar sites that may do similar things. People have watched football, college sports etc... It is a bit of a pain but most things in life are not "free" and neither is this.

Dave maybe can point out a few things to beware of and maybe some good malware protection and other tips. Maybe others can chime in with their experience.

I think the nfl can't pull these down as they originate in another country but not sure about that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:14 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Hey, guys. I've done this for many years. This is a great way to catch a game if you cannot make it to a sports bar or buy the NFL ticket.

BUT be careful. As Mark shared in the first post, download NOTHING. There will be pop ups saying you need to download a program to watch the video clip. Nope. It's not true. You do not want these programs changing your computers and browsers in any way. Click the X in the corner and close out the popups that show on the page. They will appear in front of the video clip at times. Just close them out.

What I ALWAYS do, and it is because many sites have pop ups, is to change my HOST file. It is pretty easy to do, but let the professionals write the file for you. Otherwise, the file will be too large and start to slow your computer down. This is where I go to update my HOST file:

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

Follow the instructions. I always backup the original file in case there is ever a problem (host.backup.text), but I've been doing it for years with never an issue. Once you change the host file, reboot, and it will block the content on web pages when they show up. You'll see a blank page ... just click the X in the corner to close them out.

I'm a network engineer at NC State, so, I recommend this. I usually do mine manually and do not use the program they have here, but it is safe.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:48 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

NFL network is showing it on Saturday morning at 6:30. No malware attached.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:41 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Thanks guys! I've used firstrow before, it's legit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:13 pm 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

didn't work

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:09 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Well...looks as if the Bills got a good rookie QB. Just in time to pick up where Brady leaves off. Meanwhile, Miami keeps a fist pumping.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:05 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

k-dash wrote:
NFL network is showing it on Saturday morning at 6:30. No malware attached.

Even better, but not live.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]