View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Dolphins debut at #11 on ESPN power rankings 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Dolphins debut at #11 on ESPN power rankings
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/07/08/dolphins-debut-at-no-11-in-first-espn-power-ranking/

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Dolphins debut at #11 on ESPN power rankings
I definitely didn't expect that. Not that power rankings really mean anything, but ESPN rarely gives the Dolphins credit.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:32 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I clicked the Author button of that ESPN article ... some kid 3 years out of Journalism School from U Missouri.

Probably doesn't know his own team very well ... let alone others.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:49 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Might be rated a little too high considering...

1. We don't know how Henne will perform... we assume he can only get better with better weapons... but perhaps he get's too confident and does a nose dive?? Not likely, but you never know with a young guy like him.

2. Is Ronnie Brown ready to go? This is vital to our success this year.

3. Has the secondary improved or gotten worse? Good question, I guess a lot depends on how our youngsters are doing...

4. Linebacker. The outside is looking real questionable right now... while the inside is at the very least half solid.

5. New Defensive Scheme. I love Mike Nolans defenses... but will our players buy into it?

Again, we're all thinking of these things in a positive light, as we probably should be as optimistic fans... but any one of these things going wrong could pretty much kill our season. I'm sure there are a load of other variables in our success as well... but these are the things that came to mind.

That's a lot of question marks for a ranked 11th team.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:20 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
Might be rated a little too high considering...

1. We don't know how Henne will perform... we assume he can only get better with better weapons... but perhaps he get's too confident and does a nose dive?? Not likely, but you never know with a young guy like him.

2. Is Ronnie Brown ready to go? This is vital to our success this year.

3. Has the secondary improved or gotten worse? Good question, I guess a lot depends on how our youngsters are doing...

4. Linebacker. The outside is looking real questionable right now... while the inside is at the very least half solid.

5. New Defensive Scheme. I love Mike Nolans defenses... but will our players buy into it?

Again, we're all thinking of these things in a positive light, as we probably should be as optimistic fans... but any one of these things going wrong could pretty much kill our season. I'm sure there are a load of other variables in our success as well... but these are the things that came to mind.

That's a lot of question marks for a ranked 11th team.

Yes, you're probably right, but I'm very confident in this offense. Should have no problem moving the football up and down the field. In the past, this team gets inside the 30 and more or less stalls unless they are able to get inside the 10 and then they would just pound it in.
No more. Miami has Brandon Marshall now, and he can score from anywhere on the field, but more importantly, he is the best jump ball receiver out there. The offense goes from good to elite.

The questions on the defensive side of the ball, however, are more pressing and don't necessarily translate to an 11 ranking. I think most analysts gloss over it because Nolan is the coordinator.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:49 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

11 sounds bout right to me

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]