All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:54 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Talent for talent, it goes to Landry; however, Amendola is a very precise route runner who will be right where Coach Gase drew up the play. He is very disciplined and a fighter and has great instincts in the slot, which is a plus as far as Gase is concerned. He finally has a slot receiver that he is on the same page with. Everyone's happy except for Landry.

Armando Salguero wrote:
Slot receiver Danny Amendola: I’ll say it right here, if he stays healthy there will be an argument to be made that the Dolphins improved at slot receiver from the past two years. Yes, I know, Jarvis Landry was often the slot the past couple of years. So why is Amendola an upgrade?

Amendola already has forged a chemistry with quarterback Ryan Tannehill. Coaches have wanted these two to know each well and the first couple of weeks of camp have been about that. Amendola has caught more passes than anyone in camp.

But why does this suggest improvement over Landry? Amendola is precise. He is going to be exactly where the playbook demands. And that wasn’t always the case with Landry -- which toyed with Tannehill’s head and hurt other receivers. Amendola is not as likely to give the team that stunning moment that fires everyone up like Landry often did. But he’s going to move the chains consistently and not be any sort of problem with coaches, teammates or during practice.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/latest-news ... rylink=cpy

"Built for this offense" ... here I go getting excited once again about our new free agents. Somehow I don't feel that I'll be disappointed this year as I have been the past few years in our free agent pick ups

Barry Jackson wrote:
In Amendola’s case, the Dolphins studied his 2017 New England tape closely and were watching for this, among other things: Did Amendola still create separation from cornerbacks to make the throw easier for the quarterback? And could he still run well?

The Dolphins, after watching the tape, were convinced he still did both at a high level. What’s more, “he’s built for this offense,” as one source said.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:25 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finally a top 20 passing game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:09 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

MMQB wrote:
Dolphins fans need not worry about losing Jarvis Landry. Danny Amendola, Albert Wilson, Kenny Stills and Jakeem Grant can fill his void in the underneath and screen games. Decisive post-catch runners flourish more in Gase’s quick-strike scheme. Landry, productive as he was, didn’t always maximize opportunities.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/08/miami ... fl-preview

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:54 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Laundry was reliable but he has peaked. He catches the ball and gets tackled. Wilson and Grant are explosive. I doubt amendola stays healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:35 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
Laundry was reliable but he has peaked. He catches the ball and gets tackled. Wilson and Grant are explosive. I doubt amendola stays healthy.

I agree about Amendola i would be surprised if he lasts the who!e year. Availability is an ability i think some guy said sometime.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:58 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

Landry was fun to watch. I enjoyed having him on the team. That said, the past 2 years his penalties kept escalating, culminating with his embarrassing display in the last game. Hopefully the guys that end up playing in the slot this year will be better about that; I feel confident that Amendola will be, for as long as we have him.

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]