All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:46 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

While I do think Tannehill is better than 24th, this is a fair evaluation of him. In the past, he has actually beaten a lot of the quarterbacks ranked ahead of him with some gutsy play, but we Dolphins fans know there are holes in his game. He played well the last month before his injury in 2016. Here is hoping for more growth from him. I mean, he is already 30 ... time to be "the man" or get out of the way as 2018 is probably his final evaluation from the front office. No pressure, Tanny.

PFF wrote:
24. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
*2016 overall grade, rank: 74.1 (16th)

2017 Cluster: n/a

Tannehill missed last season due to injury, but when healthy, he’s been a consisten mid-tier performer. He finished 16th in the NFL with a 74.1 overall grade in 2016, though he did rank second in the league in big-time throw percentage. It was a volatile season for Tannehill who had far too many blatant mis-reads of underneath coverage, all evening out to a middle-of-the pack performance.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... ering-2018

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:35 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
While I do think Tannehill is better than 24th, this is a fair evaluation of him. In the past, he has actually beaten a lot of the quarterbacks ranked ahead of him with some gutsy play, but we Dolphins fans know there are holes in his game. He played well the last month before his injury in 2016. Here is hoping for more growth from him. I mean, he is already 30 ... time to be "the man" or get out of the way as 2018 is probably his final evaluation from the front office. No pressure, Tanny.

PFF wrote:
24. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins
*2016 overall grade, rank: 74.1 (16th)

2017 Cluster: n/a

Tannehill missed last season due to injury, but when healthy, he’s been a consisten mid-tier performer. He finished 16th in the NFL with a 74.1 overall grade in 2016, though he did rank second in the league in big-time throw percentage. It was a volatile season for Tannehill who had far too many blatant mis-reads of underneath coverage, all evening out to a middle-of-the pack performance.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... ering-2018

When I saw the list and read it i find no reason to disagree. Maybe others could.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:35 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Only person changing anyone else's mind on Tannehill is Tannehill himself. I think everything that could be said about the guy, positive or negative, has been said 1000 times over in the last 12 months.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:48 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

975 of them by the same poster on this site lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:12 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

k-dash wrote:
975 of them by the same poster on this site lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Funny that but closer to 6000 i think.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:01 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
Reports indicate that Ryan Tannehill will play in the Dolphins preseason opener against the Buccaneers. It will mark the first time that Tannehill has appeared in a game since Dec. 11, 2016, versus the Cardinals. When looking at quarterback play, performance from clean pockets is more consistent than performance under pressure. Having said that, Tannehill performed at a high level in 2016, particularly from a clean pocket, as he recorded an 86.4 passing grade when kept clean. He also posted a 116.6 passer rating when kept clean, ranking fourth-highest among quarterbacks with at least 180 dropbacks. Come Thursday, we might get a glimpse into whether Tannehill’s prolonged layoff is a cause for concern or a thing of the past. – Charles Miller

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... son-week-1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:41 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Tannehill should sit vs. Tampa... The guy is way to valuable.

You can't just go pick up a guy to play that good... Even Cutler couldn't fill those shoes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:02 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

The ranking is spot on. He was he is, can average QB.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]