All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:03 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I don't know what is wrong with you South Florida fans. If I lived down there I'd still be at every single Miami Dolphins event, autograph signing, you name it. Heck, I emailed my staff here about a Miami Dolphins event that they invited the sites to next week, and I didn't get any South Florida phinfever staff to even reply a "no" to it to represent the site. You all need to wake up. Whether we are 16-0 or 1-15, this is a new season and the way time flies the season will be over before you know it. Heck, even the forum is deader than at any time that I've seen it since I moved to this new server.

I was disappointed in the way we played last year, too, but I think there is hope for this year. I've said that we could win 9-10 games this year, and you won't see Tannehill pulling a disappearing act as Cutler did last year. The kid has heart.

With that said, if any of you South Florida fans who go to these practices wants to post what they see at the practices on the forum, I'll put it on a blog with your name on it. I can't get South Florida phinfeverites to write practice reports any longer here.

Armando Salguero wrote:
I’ve covered close to 30 of these annual Dolphins scrimmages. And Saturday’s was the most disappointing one I’ve witnessed.

Why?

Start with the attendance. The Dolphins apparently didn’t do a great job of promoting the scrimmage. The media didn’t do a great job of promoting the scrimmage. And there seems to be little palpable excitement about the Dolphins in South Florida right now.

So about 4,500 showed up to Hard Rock Stadium to watch the team in person. You have to understand admission was free. There were autographs from players afterward. It’s Saturday morning, for goodness sakes.

And did I mention it was free?

Look, I understand the team was 6-10 last season and some fans are wary because the Dolphins got rid of multiple big-name players in the offseason. But there’s approximately 4.2 million people within 80 miles of this stadium, folks.

And fewer than 5K showed.

Armando Salguero wrote:
Other teams get a big response for their camp practices and scrimmage. The Buffalo Bills on Friday night had a reported 20,000 show up for their scrimmage. And the Bills are going to struggle this year.

The Patriots typically get 15,000-plus for their daily camp practices.

The Dolphins have been getting about 1,500.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:22 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dave just speaking for myself i agree with Dak that the politicizing of the NFL has robbed some of the joy from the game.

I am not bailing or jumping ship. Phins are my team.

Phin s are in it to win it. Huddle up my fellow Phinfans come on now everyone put a hand in , on 3, everyone on 3, 1,2,3 GO PHINS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:06 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Been a fan forever and I kind of echo Dave’s comments about the lack of enthusiasm for the upcoming year. I think this is the first year that I feel like we have a legitimate shot to do something special if we can get everyone on the same page. We really don’t have the same personalities as we have had in years past.

Between the guys that wanna do it their way to players we have to baby because we are afraid they won’t make it through a whole season to cast offs from other teams, we are finally making strides to a team that is here that can make their own identity.

I am not stupid and thinking that this is our year to win it all (although the hope is always there), I think we have the chance to possibly get an outside shot at a playoff spot and build from there.

The team as a whole is vastly different outside of some key veterans that were kept as well as brought in. I think we have a younger team that will surely make some mistakes and take a little bit to gel but I don’t think this is a full rebuild.

I’m in Georgia and I can tell you that while I have lived in TX, CA, CT, and now GA, Dolphins Fans are a lot more plentiful in other states than they are in Miami. It’s sad but true. The diehards that have been through the up and down roller coaster of a ride of being a follower and fan of this team, know the history and remember the “good ole days” with Marino and Shula, The Orange Bowl, The Undefeated Season, and many more that put Miami on the map. But it’s been a long time since this fan base could get excited about anything that even resembled days like those. At best, we have been teased from year to year of something that may or may not happen.

I will say this, I love this team and always will. When I pass someone in a Dolphins Jersey while out with my wife and kids buying school clothes or get behind someone in traffic and see the familiar “Teal & Orange” colors being displayed proudly like a badge of honor, I am the first one to start honking my horn, waving my hands like a lunatic, saying this could be our year and Phins Up.

While I realize I don’t live in Miami and to be honest, never really would want to, I always dream of the day I would have enough money that I could go to every Dolphins game and root for my team.

I appreciate this site and the hard work that has been put into it over the years. The money that has been sacrificed by many to have a place to go. Whether to catch up on news about the Phins or to “gentlemanly” disagree with one another over views and thoughts, this site has been a Blessing.

I don’t post much because quite frankly there are plenty of guys on here that do a way better job of doing that than I could. I’m more of reader and appreciate all that banter back and forth.

So, with all that being said, Thanks a bunch, Dave for putting in the countless hours to keep us up to date, and to all of the Phins Fans that have kept this site relevant and interesting, here is to another Season of Hope and The Chance of silencing some of the critics.

Go Phins!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:37 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

cboy72 wrote:
Been a fan forever and I kind of echo Dave’s comments about the lack of enthusiasm for the upcoming year. I think this is the first year that I feel like we have a legitimate shot to do something special if we can get everyone on the same page. We really don’t have the same personalities as we have had in years past.

Between the guys that wanna do it their way to players we have to baby because we are afraid they won’t make it through a whole season to cast offs from other teams, we are finally making strides to a team that is here that can make their own identity.

I am not stupid and thinking that this is our year to win it all (although the hope is always there), I think we have the chance to possibly get an outside shot at a playoff spot and build from there.

The team as a whole is vastly different outside of some key veterans that were kept as well as brought in. I think we have a younger team that will surely make some mistakes and take a little bit to gel but I don’t think this is a full rebuild.

I’m in Georgia and I can tell you that while I have lived in TX, CA, CT, and now GA, Dolphins Fans are a lot more plentiful in other states than they are in Miami. It’s sad but true. The diehards that have been through the up and down roller coaster of a ride of being a follower and fan of this team, know the history and remember the “good ole days” with Marino and Shula, The Orange Bowl, The Undefeated Season, and many more that put Miami on the map. But it’s been a long time since this fan base could get excited about anything that even resembled days like those. At best, we have been teased from year to year of something that may or may not happen.

I will say this, I love this team and always will. When I pass someone in a Dolphins Jersey while out with my wife and kids buying school clothes or get behind someone in traffic and see the familiar “Teal & Orange” colors being displayed proudly like a badge of honor, I am the first one to start honking my horn, waving my hands like a lunatic, saying this could be our year and Phins Up.

While I realize I don’t live in Miami and to be honest, never really would want to, I always dream of the day I would have enough money that I could go to every Dolphins game and root for my team.

I appreciate this site and the hard work that has been put into it over the years. The money that has been sacrificed by many to have a place to go. Whether to catch up on news about the Phins or to “gentlemanly” disagree with one another over views and thoughts, this site has been a Blessing.

I don’t post much because quite frankly there are plenty of guys on here that do a way better job of doing that than I could. I’m more of reader and appreciate all that banter back and forth.

So, with all that being said, Thanks a bunch, Dave for putting in the countless hours to keep us up to date, and to all of the Phins Fans that have kept this site relevant and interesting, here is to another Season of Hope and The Chance of silencing some of the critics.

Go Phins!!!

Please post more sir.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:23 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Went last year. It was hot as hell but great. Very fan friendly. Circumstances prevented me from going this year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:07 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It’s hot as hell out. The politics is out of control. Randy Moss wearing a tie with folks that got killed by police? Does he know the facts of every case?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:50 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
It’s hot as hell out. The politics is out of control. Randy Moss wearing a tie with folks that got killed by police? Does he know the facts of every case?
Most likely no.

However, I know myself. I'm sick and tired of just about the majority of the NFL coverage is not about football, but about standing or sitting. The more this goes on, the more fans will turn a deaf ear to the sport. Player who think they are kneeling for something are only hindering their message.

At kickoff, few care about your political statements. They simply want to watch some football.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:54 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dave, I wish I was in south Florida too. I’d be at every event with my boys. Wheelchair and all!!

I keep telling my wife that if we win the lotto the first thing I will do is buy season tickets and a private jet to take us back and forth!

My wife of course has other realistic things to do with it!!

Phins up!! Let’s go Dolphins!

PS. I also hate when politics messes with sports. I just want to watch my Dolphins!! Do all that other stuff on your own time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:18 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Dphins4me wrote:
Makchell wrote:
Most likely no.

However, I know myself. I'm sick and tired of just about the majority of the NFL coverage is not about football, but about standing or sitting. The more this goes on, the more fans will turn a deaf ear to the sport. Player who think they are kneeling for something are only hindering their message.

At kickoff, few care about your political statements. They simply want to watch some football.

I totally agree about the politics and the media's coverage of it. On both teams you have 4 people kneeling and they focus on that instead of the 100+ standing. The media's Dolphin twitter feeds is littered with it as if I really go to twitter and watch games to see politics. If I want politics I can easily go to CNN or FOX News. My brothers and parents are all ex-military. They used to love the Dolphins, but didn't watch it and canceled their NFL Tickets last year. I watch football ... to watch football. Period. That is why I do not allow sports and religion on our Dolphins forum. And most of you all who know me on my personal Facebook page knows that I love to talk about my Christian faith.

As I told my family, who thinks I should stop watching it, I was watching this game before they were even born. It's my game and they aren't going to take it away from me.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:14 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

I feel the same way Dave. I wrestled with whether or not to get the NFL ticket again this year. It seemed like it was more of a downer than a good thing last year, and it's so expensive. Ultimately though I will get it, and I'll be there every Sunday like I have been since the Shula days.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:29 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Dphins4me wrote:
Makchell wrote:
Most likely no.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. If they just played Football I would be more interested. As it sits now I'm almost exclusively following college.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:49 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Well not any positive vibes for my pep talk i see. Dave it is up to you make em run gassers.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:31 am 

AQNOR wrote:
Dave just speaking for myself i agree with Dak that the politicizing of the NFL has robbed some of the joy from the game.

I am not bailing or jumping ship. Phins are my team.

Phin s are in it to win it. Huddle up my fellow Phinfans come on now everyone put a hand in , on 3, everyone on 3, 1,2,3 GO PHINS!

:excited

More of this!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:32 am 

AQNOR wrote:
cboy72 wrote:

Go Phins!!!

Please post more sir.

Agreed!
:clap

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:54 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

After watching the BS Steeler Patriots game last season.. It has really dampened the game..

The officiating, the rule changes have put a serious drag on the game.. Is this a catch, is that a catch, super slow Mo , instant replay, illegal hits..

Gets sickening.
It's like a basketball game now at the end.Teams scoring 75 points plus combined.. Not the team that played the best.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:48 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
I don't know what is wrong with you South Florida fans. If I lived down there I'd still be at every single Miami Dolphins event, autograph signing, you name it. You all need to wake up.

Your dual role here, working hard to keep the board active during slow times in addition to your love for a team that seldom returns that love, more than justifies your frustration. However, I would aim that frustration at the team, and with no excuses. The Dolphins organization, top to bottom, is responsible for the indifference that exists. Once a major player nationally (what was that MNF win record the Fins had there for years?), the Dolphins today have become largely irrelevant. It's hard to root for irrelevance. Unfortunately, only winning will cure that ill, and who knows how long that will take. We've tried the Jimmys, Sabans, Parcells. We've drafted high, wasted who knows how much FA dollars, and still no closer. And now you throw in the BS surrounding all these issues that fall outside the lines and only the most diehard among us can survive it. I was once one of those fiery diehards, with season tix, going to practices, to the first scrimmage off the new season, even paying for pre-season games. I still have a burning ember down there somewhere or I wouldn't be here and I will keep that one alive until.....well, let's see: I was 17 in '66, and I'm still here 51 years later talking about these guys.

Hang in there, we'll see this through together.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:39 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:
well, let's see: I was 17 in '66, and I'm still here 51 years later talking about these guys.

Hang in there, we'll see this through together.

I was in preschool when Marino was drafted but I'm happy to ride this thing out with all of Phinfever regardless of age.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:39 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It is frustrating but coaches draft picks owners mean nothing without a franchise qb. What changed over the years? Marino retired

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:21 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Makchell wrote:
It is frustrating but coaches draft picks owners mean nothing without a franchise qb. What changed over the years? Marino retired

I disagree someone retired who picked Marino. That person was Shula.

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]