Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:01 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Quote:
… Brock Osweiler throws the only touchdown pass on a 1-yard pass to Drew Morgan.

Top performers for today’s scrimmage were: 1. Charles Harris (two sacks that killed a Ryan Tannehill drive 2. Kiko Alonso (two physical tackles for loss, active day 3. Rashawn Scott (40-yard reception on deep ball from Byrce Petty).
Overall, the defense won this scrimmage with clutch performance on third downs and in the red zone. Offense needs to clean up the penalties.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... story.html

Sounds like same ol, same ol.

Sure would like to hear that the Phins #1 draft pick was tearing it up at least occasionally. I wonder if they are trying to teach him too many positions.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:08 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I try not to overreact to Training Camp and its "scrimmage", but from all of the tweets I've read the last two weeks it really sounds like 2016 all over again. Not terrible, not great, but a competitive team that will be lost in the grouping of mediocre teams.

Things I think will happen:

Ryan Tannehill will be a slightly better version of 2016 (mid 90s rating, somewhere between Andy Dalton and Alex Smith in the middle tier pecking order).

Frank Gore will get more carries than you think, taking away from Drake.

Kenny Stills and Mike Gesicki will lead the team in receiving TDs.

Danny Amendola will lead the team in receptions.

The OL will be serviceable.

The DL will be better against the run, but not enough to scare opponents.

Charles Harris will approach double digit sacks but disappoint setting the edge.

Xavien Howard will have a Pro Bowl type of season.

The LBs will be up and down leading to more questions.

Minkah Fitzpatrick will either replace TJ McDonald by Game 5, or Gase will use 3 safety sets.

Finally, I think this team really has a shot at 10 wins if key guys stay healthy.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]