All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 7030
Location: ELP, TX.
Quote:
And then there were three.

Unsigned Dolphins draft picks, that is.

According to a source, former Georgia safety Reshad Jones, the Dolphins' second of two fifth-round draft picks, will sign his rookie contract Monday.

Jones has agreed to terms on a four-year deal worth $1.95 million. The deal includes a signing bonus of slightly more than $160,000 and a fourth-year escalator that could significantly boost the value of the deal should Jones meet certain incentives.

Jones, 6 feet 1 and 214 pounds, worked with the second-team safeties during Organized Team Activities. He is expected to battle second-year man Chris Clemons for the starting job at free safety once training camp opens later this month.

A big hitter, Jones made 11 interceptions during his three college seasons, including nine in his final two years for the Bulldogs.

The agreement with Jones leaves only the Dolphins' top three picks unsigned from their eight-player 2010 draft haul: defensive end Jared Odrick (first round), linebacker Koa Misi (second) and offensive guard John Jerry (third).


http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 5188.story

_________________
Image

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/finsradio

RIP Tom
RIP Tone


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 1136
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Cool. Get it done.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 12670
Location: Raleigh, NC
It's now official:

RotoWorld wrote:
Dolphins signed fifth-round S Reshad Jones to a four-year, $1.95 million contract.

Jones was expected to help fill the Dolphins' hole at free safety right away, but wasn't impressive during the spring. Still, the Georgia product is talented enough to push Chris Clemons harder during training camp.

www.rotoworld.com

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
The last thing Reshad needed was a protracted period of time before he signed. Glad he got it done and will be in on time.

He has work to do if he wants to win the starting free safety position.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:37 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Culver ???


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 DRAFT GURU
2016 DRAFT GURU

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 5516
Location: Columbia, SC
I'm pretty sure Miami has Culver backing up Yeremiah Bell at Strong Safety now.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:44 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
phinsfansc wrote:
I'm pretty sure Miami has Culver backing up Yeremiah Bell at Strong Safety now.


They do, but I think that was mostly an excuse to get Reshad some reps at FS.

I still think it's going to be a rotation of Culver and Clemons at FS, with Reshad getting some playing time at SS, and maybe in certain packages be back there with YB.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Phins Rock wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
I'm pretty sure Miami has Culver backing up Yeremiah Bell at Strong Safety now.


They do, but I think that was mostly an excuse to get Reshad some reps at FS.

I still think it's going to be a rotation of Culver and Clemons at FS, with Reshad getting some playing time at SS, and maybe in certain packages be back there with YB.


I don't think Bell and Jones will ever be on the field together...just another Wilson/Bell tandem, and that was awful.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 605
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
I'm pretty sure Miami has Culver backing up Yeremiah Bell at Strong Safety now.


They do, but I think that was mostly an excuse to get Reshad some reps at FS.

I still think it's going to be a rotation of Culver and Clemons at FS, with Reshad getting some playing time at SS, and maybe in certain packages be back there with YB.


I don't think Bell and Jones will ever be on the field together...just another Wilson/Bell tandem, and that was awful.



I agree. I'd be nice to get Jones in games this year to spell Bell from time to time and hopefully keep him healthy and fresh all season.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Image
Glad they were able to get this deal done. She's such a babe.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:37 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Lol. That's Rashida Jones.

Close enough though...;p

Jim Halpert is one lucky SOB.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Phins Rock wrote:
Lol. That's Rashida Jones.

Close enough though...;p

Jim Halpert is one lucky SOB.


Which brings up a nice debate.
Pam, or Karen?

Obviously, in the show it's a no brainer for Jim. But if you were in that office and had the choice, who do you take?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:39 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Lol. That's Rashida Jones.

Close enough though...;p

Jim Halpert is one lucky SOB.


Which brings up a nice debate.
Pam, or Karen?

Obviously, in the show it's a no brainer for Jim. But if you were in that office and had the choice, who do you take?


I'm glad we're keeping this discussion on topic. :ann0y:

Choice is a no brainer for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmbo_sNGfUM


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Lol. That's Rashida Jones.

Close enough though...;p

Jim Halpert is one lucky SOB.


Which brings up a nice debate.
Pam, or Karen?

Obviously, in the show it's a no brainer for Jim. But if you were in that office and had the choice, who do you take?


I'm glad we're keeping this discussion on topic. :ann0y:

Choice is a no brainer for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmbo_sNGfUM



Haha, yep. Agreed. Pam FTW

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:49 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8502
Good, 3 left. I wonder how much Mr. Penn State will rape us for.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r