All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15300
Location: Raleigh, NC
Seriously, the dude should just shut up. His complaining attitude will get old with the Cleveland coaches, too. He has worked his way out of a lot of us who supported him in Miami by taking shots at Coach Gase and Tannehill. Not good.


Joe Schad wrote:
Former Miami Dolphins wide receiver Jarvis Landry told Sports Illustrated he would frequently go to coach Adam Gase’s office to ask for a greater variety of routes.

“When I’d go to talk to [Gase] about it, he’d curse me out,” Landry told Sports Illustrated. “Why are you telling me how to do my job?’ It got to the point where the environment was just awful.”

At the root of all this: Landry’s feelings are hurt. How do we know?

“I was hurt by it,” Landry said. “I became the face of the franchise in Miami, and I don’t think they wanted me to be that. The respect was just never there.”

“[In Miami] no one appreciated s---,” he said. “Here it’s blue-collar, it’s hard-working. People that actually appreciate what you bring to the table.”


https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/fo ... n8My3WSNI/

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:50 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10259
Location: MA
Face of the Franchise?

This guy is starting to sound like Mike Wallace 2.0. There is confidence and there is a warped, inflated ego.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15300
Location: Raleigh, NC
jammer wrote:
Face of the Franchise?

This guy is starting to sound like Mike Wallace 2.0. There is confidence and there is a warped, inflated ego.


:saywhat

I got a good laugh at that one, too. Who does he think he is ... Dan Marino? Pass.

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6348
I wonder if this ongoing complaining about Miami does not give some indication of what he was like in the locker room.

Appears as if Coach Gates only thinks there is enough room but for one head coach. Do y'all think he is too proud to listen to other opinions and is a problem that will ship off top talent that dare to make requests for more playing time or after working with players and seeing that their attitudes still stink he bites the bullet and is forced to send them on their way for the greater good of the team?

Or maybe something different.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15300
Location: Raleigh, NC
He and Ajayi had this problem with Gase. We definitely do not know how Ajayi and Landry approached Gase to try to change the offense. It seems to me that everyone has had nothing but great things to say about Gase over the years, and they complimented him that he was open to listening to what he could do to make the offense better. Heck, he asked Ajayi what his favorite plays were, and adjusted the offense in his first season to fit his skillset.

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:59 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10259
Location: MA
Tweet from the Miami Herald's Adam Beasely:

"Pssst: Here's a secret everyone in Miami who has covered Landry knows. He often doesn't tell the truth."

Shot fired.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6348
Well we know he did not tell the truth about offseason workout sessions, unless multiple reporters where lying.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:31 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6348
Quote:
Jarvis Landry “underutilized” in 2017
-1st in the NFL in receptions
-1st in Red Zone receptions
-1st in receptions inside the 10
-2nd in receptions per game
-3rd in targets
-110th in yards per reception



https://twitter.com/IanHest

I wonder what using him more in the Offense would have looked like? Maybe his yards per reception would have gone up?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:52 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10259
Location: MA
Tweets from Chris Kouffman:

"Landry states he went into Gase's office to complain about his only running four routes and Gase responded by yelling at him for trying to tell Adam how to do his job."


"(Keeping in mind Jarvis Landry is the guy who tried to say he and Tannehill were never close and Ryan never organized receiver workouts, while simultaneously deleting Instagram evidence that he and Tannehill were close and that Ryan did indeed organize receiver workouts.)"



Guys, I'm sensing a theme here between what Beasley and Kouffman are reporting.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4764
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
I called out Landry for who he was from the get go. Loved his passion but his personality is the type of bull**** you see on reality housewife shows. Again. Cleveland, out of all teams, is the one who picked him up for a reason. Bye bye.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5840
Location: Wellington, FL
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Jarvis Landry “underutilized” in 2017
-1st in the NFL in receptions
-1st in Red Zone receptions
-1st in receptions inside the 10
-2nd in receptions per game
-3rd in targets
-110th in yards per reception



https://twitter.com/IanHest

I wonder what using him more in the Offense would have looked like? Maybe his yards per reception would have gone up?


Team was 6-10, Gase can take some of that as well... His scheme and personnel up front made anything past 5 yards difficult.

Landry was the quick option.. While he is being a primadonna, his words are a different variety, not more... Variety maybe meant 10 yard slants as opposed to 2-5 yard....

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6348
10acjed wrote:
AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Jarvis Landry “underutilized” in 2017
-1st in the NFL in receptions
-1st in Red Zone receptions
-1st in receptions inside the 10
-2nd in receptions per game
-3rd in targets
-110th in yards per reception



https://twitter.com/IanHest

I wonder what using him more in the Offense would have looked like? Maybe his yards per reception would have gone up?



Team was 6-10, Gase can take some of that as well... His scheme and personnel up front made anything past 5 yards difficult.

Landry was the quick option.. While he is being a primadonna, his words are a different variety, not more... Variety maybe meant 10 yard slants as opposed to 2-5 yard....


Well if you look at the articles I read I wonder if stating it the way they did is worth noting. I took it as more variety and more yards.

So if he was catching the ball deeper his yards per catch might have gone up as suggested?

Not sure we are seeing it differently, or am I missing something?

Quote:
Jarvis Landry: I pleaded with Adam Gase for more Miami Dolphins routes


https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/fo ... n8My3WSNI/

Quote:
As the losses piled up for the Dolphins, Landry says he frequently stopped in Adam Gase’s office to plead with the coach. He was basically running only four routes—two in-breaking, two out-breaking, all shallow—and knew he could contribute more.


https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/07/26/jarvi ... and-browns


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15300
Location: Raleigh, NC
This twitter quote pretty much sums it up. Gase used him the best way that he could due to his personnel.


_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:52 am 
Offline
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 2238
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Landry was too concerned about individual stats and reputation. Another primadona WR. It seems it was all about him and his ego needing to look good. He is more concerned about padding his stats than being a team player and doing what Gase asked. That is why he is no longer in Miami.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:57 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4764
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
‘Hurt and shocked’ when Miami traded him. Juice seemed to be living deep in his own head. He got as many reps as a RB at receiver...

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 am
Posts: 377
I can't argue with the general bashing of Landry here, I'm glad he's gone, however, in all fairness, I wouldn't be so quick to judge Landry as totally culpable....there's blame to go all around, waaaayyy all around this very faulty organization....first of all, reporters that opine on this and support the team as shown above have a vested interest in staying on the good side of Gase, so I dismiss that...Landry's stats, padded as they are in a number of categories, all they do is reinforce the sucky offense, play calling and QB'ing this team has had in Gase's tenure, so those don't tell the whole truth either....however, overall, no one should argue with the clear evidence that Gase has done nothing to justify his lofty credentials he brought here...those can be questioned as much as Landry's honesty or lack thereof......Gase's play calling and offensive system have shown neither imagination, surprise, creativity nor an ability to exploit any opponent's defense...blame it on the QB, the oline, no running game, trailing all the time, hurricanes, awol players, the price of rice in China, whatever, if we do that to defend Gase then those very things Landry can use in his defense...and the sherry on top is Gase's decision to piss away $10m of Ross' money on that Jay "I couldn't care less" Cutler choice as it speaks of Gase's judgement of talent compounded by his subsequent stubborn support of Cutler despite mounting evidence that Cutler shouldn't be anywhere near an NFL center....having said all this and given Landry's competitiveness, I wouldn't put it completely past him that he indeed may be gone to Gase or some other coach on offense and suggested changes....and whether he did it or not I certainly agree with the idea that changes in patterns, play calling and use of personnel were needed...in my honest opinion, Gase was unable to show anything that would have convinced a pro WR that Gase knew what he was doing....and Landry may be a lot of things but he's a pro WR...


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:26 pm
Posts: 4764
Location: Delray Beach, Florida
I don’t believe in the notion that these local beat guys are playing to Gase’s ear. At least on this. Omar would have been out of a job years ago.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6348
Even considering all of what Landry is saying I still would like him to be a Phin, at the right price. The Phin s organization thought so too.

Gase adjusted his O the first year and the Phins made playoffs. That is a plus. Last year as mentioned is a minus in my book.

This year has started as a minus so far given the Qb situation for me.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:05 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10259
Location: MA
carreramia wrote:
first of all, reporters that opine on this and support the team as shown above have a vested interest in staying on the good side of Gase, so I dismiss that..


Chris Kouffman isn't a reporter for a local Miami paper. Pointing out Landry cleaning out his social media accounts also isn't "lying" to support Gase. A few other guys pointed that out.

Beasley isn't exactly a "plugged in" guy either.

So why dismiss what they say? Because it might unearth the ugly truth that Landry was a problem when we want to believe he was a team first guy?

Also, we haven't seen any other guys who left the team back up what Landry has said nor go after Gase in a similar manner.

I loved Landry as a Fin. He was great and a steal as a draft pick. But he keeps running his mouth and everyone else is taking the high road. Isn't that a bit telling?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15300
Location: Raleigh, NC
jammer wrote:
I loved Landry as a Fin. He was great and a steal as a draft pick. But he keeps running his mouth and everyone else is taking the high road. Isn't that a bit telling?


I feel the same way, Dan. Landry's competitiveness on the field is rare, and I will miss that. However, as he runs his mouth to the press, it is definitely a tell that he was the problem that Gase his hinted to by having the front office try to trade him and then not extend him.

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:53 am 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 am
Posts: 377
I pretty much did not paint Landry as a saint, but in this "saga" Gase can not escape blame. Gase is here to stay, Landry on the other hand is yesterday's news with plenty of baggage that makes him too easy a target and that's where I'm having a problem with all this. Not one word anywhere to explain perhaps why it would be plausible for a top performer, one who is proven good at his craft on the field of play, question a coach that is riding on reputation only, especially when the product he has put on he field, and in the lockeroom I might add, has been to date a clunker.

The veteran leadership acquired at a significant cost may yet do Gase's "dirty work" in the lockeroom, at least it may save us from losing more good players for nothing in exchange, but we'll reserve for now opinion on how that will prove itself on the field of play.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:26 am 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6348
carreramia wrote:
I pretty much did not paint Landry as a saint, but in this "saga" Gase can not escape blame. Gase is here to stay, Landry on the other hand is yesterday's news with plenty of baggage that makes him too easy a target and that's where I'm having a problem with all this. Not one word anywhere to explain perhaps why it would be plausible for a top performer, one who is proven good at his craft on the field of play, question a coach that is riding on reputation only, especially when the product he has put on he field, and in the lockeroom I might add, has been to date a clunker.

The veteran leadership acquired at a significant cost may yet do Gase's "dirty work" in the lockeroom, at least it may save us from losing more good players for nothing in exchange, but we'll reserve for now opinion on how that will prove itself on the field of play.


Yeah can't buy into this. Coach Gase has shown it on the field. Phins went to playoffs his first year exceeding expectations. Imo he is more than just reputation.

Maybe not one word is telling but in a direction you don't like?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:47 am 
Offline
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 8913
And that’s a great thing jammer. Defenses won’t be able to key in on one player.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:48 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10259
Location: MA
carreramia wrote:
I pretty much did not paint Landry as a saint, but in this "saga" Gase can not escape blame.


Both are true here. I just said don't discount two "reporters" who have no agenda in that neither is tight with the coach nor benefiting by pointing out what Landry is.

I'm sure Gase has had stubborn/arrogant moments that have fueled the fire. But when he was hired many of his past players raved about how they could reach out to him and discuss ideas, and, some current Dolphins have said the same. Maybe Landry's approach to Gase was bad?


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 15300
Location: Raleigh, NC
Here's a very recent example of Coach Gase listening to his receivers.

Armando Salguero wrote:
Jakeem Grant has put together highlight plays on consecutive days -- Saturday’s a diving catch over 6-3 cornerback Tony Lippett, Sunday another acrobatic catch in the end zone against Torry McTyer.

“I was telling coach [Gase], we have a jump ball to DeVante [Parker] and I was like, ‘I want a jump ball too. Don’t shy away from me because I’m short,’ “ Grant said. “He was like, ‘Hey man, I’m not.’ I’m just saying I don’t know if that was just like a fluke or something like that.

“So I was like, ‘Okay, I’ll show you.’ So the only thing I was thinking in my mind was like, ‘I’ve got to show coach Gase.’ So immediately after I scored, I ran over there, I celebrated with my teammates and ran over there to coach Gase and I was like, ‘I told you.’ “


Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt- ... rylink=cpy

_________________
Follow me on Facebook - Phinfever - Miami Dolphins Fan Site @BigDavePhinfever

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever


Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:31 am 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 am
Posts: 377
that's also an example of receivers having to tell him what and how to use the WRs....Grant is a good example of Gase sleeping on the job....that guy is a playmaker and was hardly used. Gase would put Grant in motion when he did line him up, only as a way to distract/mislead the defense but it hardly made an impact since Gase seldom if ever actually gave Grant the ball...Landry, being so competitive, cocky and sure of himself, likely abused the openness of Gase to listen, and it got to the point of Gase tiring of Landry's insistence....but I have to ask: why is all this necessary? Why isn't the coach doing the job of properly utilizing his players, being creative with the offense? Why can't Gase beat the players to the punch and demonstrate he's got it figured out? And where are the assistants in all this? NFL teams have an army of assistants, assistants to the assistants, etc....what are those guys doing?

Hmmm...maybe I shouldn't ask to find out what those guys on this team are doing behind close doors.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:25 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10259
Location: MA
Grant couldn't catch a cold during his rookie campaign. When he started showing knowledge of the playbook and consistently caught passes at practice Gase used him. That was documented last year and Grant himself admitted he wasn't ready.

Coaches have to trust players to do the right things, otherwise turnovers happen.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:35 am 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 am
Posts: 377
true, about his rookie year, but last year, his second year, he showed playmaking ability and even with our sputtering offense Gase could only bring himself to use Grant as some decoy, never really tried to get him into the offense...maybe Gase is a genius at something, not sure exactly what today, but one problem is he has difficulty with his young players so he'll clash with outspoken ones like Landry...Grant is no where near Landry's stature so he will take the low road....surely Grant has shown he's a guy they had to find a way to put the ball in his hands and they couldn't....this isn't brain surgery...bubble screens is about the simplest play one can imagine, or it should be...but of course, these coaches will give the guy 20 reads he must complete in 3 seconds, which was usually the time our QBs last year was snapping the ball...let's see how they blend in all these players today...with Wilson, Amendola, Parker, Stills, Grant, the new TE Gesicki, and Tannehill back, Gase will be tested. We'll see.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 6750
Makchell wrote:
And that’s a great thing jammer. Defenses won’t be able to key in on one player.

Defense weren't doing such a good job of stopping him..Keying on him or not.

The guy was pretty dominate. We got rid of a HOF wr.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10259
Location: MA
Of Landry's catches last year:

24 were behind the line of scrimmage

63 were thrown 1 to 10 yards

14 were thrown 11 to 20 yards

2 were thrown 21 to 30 yards

8.8 YPC

I'd say defenses did a pretty good job of stopping him from anything significant.

For reference, he had very similar splits in 2016 except he had 12.1 YPC. I think teams took notice of his YAC ability and made sure to limit it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 am
Posts: 377
wow....that Gase, a real innovator. And we wonder why Landry would go into his office demanding a change in patterns. I give Landry credit for not taking a 12 gauge sawed-off in there with him.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6348
People don't go to boss and demand change. I was not there so unsure if Landry deserves credit for not.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:34 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 am
Posts: 377
....that was tongue in cheek, but the post above, which I would assume is correct, showing 87 catches for 10 yd or less at the NFL level, in an age where the pass is king, suggests things are messed up with that playbook and play calling, neither of which Landry has anything to do with.

And going to the boss to discuss changes isn't revolutionary, at any level, in any industry, so long as it's done with respect. In this case, I would think the matter escalated from initial respect to frustration ending in utter disbelief as the calls for bubble screens mounted game after game.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:25 am 
Offline
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 10259
Location: MA
We know that part of the problem last year was Cutler not wanting to get hit. He just got rid of the ball as quick as possible on too many occasions without letting the play develop.

Now the spread was similar in 2016 but the YPC was 4 yards better. Either teams weren't tightening up on Landry or Tannehill was giving him the ball with more space to work with. Both could also be true as well.

Was Landry getting open down field or beating defenders? Someone has that video or analyzed each game could give you a better answer than whatever I can drum up.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 6348
In most pass plays there is more than one receiver that can be thrown too. As noted and this is on Gase too the Phins had a qb that got rid of the ball quickly so I wonder if the underneath throw was used more than another qb might have. I hold Gase responsible for bringing in Cutler and handing him the team.

I don't think that necessarily means that Coach Gase is not an innovator or a good play caller it may mean his evaluation of qb's is suspect in some areas at least to me.

Tongue in cheek or not I was not there. It could have been equally both of them at fault or one over the other. There is a player who is can't seem to stop running the Phins down on one side and on the other a Coach who seems to be taking a diferent tack. The player has shown to be disingeneous imo, in what he has said in some of his criticisms already.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:16 pm
Posts: 7
He couldn’t run the routs he had correctly! Why would gase give him more?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5840
Location: Wellington, FL
AQNOR wrote:
Well if you look at the articles I read I wonder if stating it the way they did is worth noting. I took it as more variety and more yards.

So if he was catching the ball deeper his yards per catch might have gone up as suggested?

Not sure we are seeing it differently, or am I missing something?


Nope, thats kind of what I took from it... The media circus needs hits these days to make a living, so they tend to put the correct spin after the fact...

Jarvis got paid and knew he could, so that part of it he took care of on his end... Wanting to win and asking for things he felt would help is totally acceptable based on what Gase preaches..


Heck even if he asked Gase to stop throwing to Thomas its acceptable... Wasted routes there...

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:56 am 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 8:54 am
Posts: 54
carreramia wrote:
...however, overall, no one should argue with the clear evidence that Gase has done nothing to justify his lofty credentials he brought here...those can be questioned as much as Landry's honesty or lack thereof......Gase's play calling and offensive system have shown neither imagination, surprise, creativity nor an ability to exploit any opponent's defense...blame it on the QB, the oline, no running game, trailing all the time, hurricanes, awol players, the price of rice in China, whatever, if we do that to defend Gase then those very things Landry can use in his defense...and the sherry on top is Gase's decision to piss away $10m of Ross' money on that Jay "I couldn't care less" Cutler choice as it speaks of Gase's judgement of talent compounded by his subsequent stubborn support of Cutler despite mounting evidence that Cutler shouldn't be anywhere near an NFL center...


You haven't liked a single Dolphin coach since Shula, and even then, only the first ten years he was here. You haven't liked a QB since Marino, and even then, only his first ten years. Despite your tepid defense of him here, I know first-hand how much the antics of Landy (or anyone else who doesn't simply hand the ball to the ref after making a play) bother you. You only like smash-mouth Czonka--Jim Grabowski--Paul Hornung--Jim Taylor--Red Grange type of football. Face it, you are old school!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:19 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 am
Posts: 377
prof123 wrote:
You haven't liked a single Dolphin coach since Shula, and even then, only the first ten years he was here. You haven't liked a QB since Marino, and even then, only his first ten years. Despite your tepid defense of him here, I know first-hand how much the antics of Landy (or anyone else who doesn't simply hand the ball to the ref after making a play) bother you. You only like smash-mouth Czonka--Jim Grabowski--Paul Hornung--Jim Taylor--Red Grange type of football. Face it, you are old school!


There should be something, some penalty, suspension, prohibition of internet use, a huge fine, like $22.00, for your unauthorized use, close to blasphemy, of NFL royalty, glorious names like Csonka...Hornung...Taylor. Remember, you still own that Fiedler jersey, which automatically disqualifies you from any argument, any debate, on these pages. I don't quite go as far back as the Galloping Ghost but the context in which you use him is 100% on the money. The NFL should do like Rugby. When a rugbier scores, he has to rapidly put the ball on the ground in the endzone and leave, no loitering allowed. He can't throw it. He can't slam it. He has to politely place it gently on the ground. And they should name Ray Nitschke, Sam Huff and Dick Butkus as heads of the competition, rules committee. If that's too real for today's nincompoops who can't even instruct their refs to correctly interpret the crazy concoctions they are baking in their expensive spring retreats in the French Riviera, then like Jack Lambert demanded, put skirts on all of them!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:57 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue May 23, 2017 8:54 am
Posts: 54
carreramia wrote:


There should be something, some penalty, suspension, prohibition of internet use, a huge fine, like $22.00, for your unauthorized use, close to blasphemy, of NFL royalty, glorious names like Csonka...Hornung...Taylor. Remember, you still own that Fiedler jersey, which automatically disqualifies you from any argument, any debate, on these pages. I don't quite go as far back as the Galloping Ghost but the context in which you use him is 100% on the money. The NFL should do like Rugby. When a rugbier scores, he has to rapidly put the ball on the ground in the endzone and leave, no loitering allowed. He can't throw it. He can't slam it. He has to politely place it gently on the ground. And they should name Ray Nitschke, Sam Huff and Dick Butkus as heads of the competition, rules committee. If that's too real for today's nincompoops who can't even instruct their refs to correctly interpret the crazy concoctions they are baking in their expensive spring retreats in the French Riviera, then like Jack Lambert demanded, put skirts on all of them!


Did you seriously just criticize my Fiedler jersey? That beautiful 1001 jersey I wear with pride at every Dolphin game I attend? He had a much better career with Miami than the guy who wore your 110010 jersey, Kumerow. He of the 3-year, no tackles, career. If we would have had a silly tackling meter on him, the needle never would have budged! Where did you get that jersey, anyway, because his real number was 90, not 50.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r