All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:09 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

This is actually a positive article and the affect that Fitzpatrick knows that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross didn't want his War Room to draft him, but trade down for more picks. I think what took me by surprise is his unlined quote below. The only people "bullish" on the Dolphins are some of the fans.

Will Brinson (Pick Six Podcast) wrote:

https://soundcloud.com/cbssportspodcast ... tball-0629

"It did motivate me in a sense. Anybody would get motivated by a decision like that," Fitzpatrick said. "But I understand where he's coming from, it was a business decision and he's a business man. I respect him and he does a great job at what he does. I've got to go in there and do my job and prove him otherwise."

Of course it has to motivate Fitzpatrick. He was a standout on a national championship team that had one of the top defenses in the country. He surely believes he can make the Dolphins better immediately, even if his impact might not be felt the same way as a young quarterback.

Fitzpatrick is part of the reason why people are kind of bullish on the Dolphins this year, and see them as the only real challenger to the Patriots, or at least the second-best team in the AFC East. Bringing in an impact defender SHOULD have a positive effect on improving the Dolphins defense and making them better against the run as well as against the pass; Fitzpatrick can move around and play multiple positions, making him a valuable chess piece.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pick ... rent-pick/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:58 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I guess Brinson and Pete Schraeger are bullish, but everyone else seems to think Miami is a sub .500 team.

Barring major injuries, anything less than 9 wins should be a major disappointment. Gase got the roster he wants.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:22 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

jammer wrote:
Barring major injuries, anything less than 9 wins should be a major disappointment. Gase got the roster he wants.

I think 9 wins is attainable. We also have a good group of draft picks from last year ready to take the next step forward, and this year's draft pick s Fitz & Gesicki can easily be starters for us this year. It looks like we are starting to turn the team around through the draft. The "team" should be settled down this year with their leader, Tannehill, back behind center.

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]