All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:27 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Come on. Adam Gase has at least two years left with the Dolphins. You can take that to the bank. Stephen Ross still believes that Gase can win in the NFL, and I am in Gase's corner. If he can squeeze 6 wins out of Cutler, heck, just think what Gase can get out of Tannehill.

Can anyone tell me why Hue Jackson, who won only 1 game in two years, is still a head coach? Shockiing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:01 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Is their reasoning that Jarvis Landry drove the offense and Ndomakung Suh drove the defense last year? Both being gone now kills the team?

Kenyan Drake is primed to break out. The receiving group, while smallish, is built to take short quick throws and run with them (taking pressure off a QB with pocket issues and a questionable o-line).

On defense I can see some questions, but the LB group and secondary will be better by default.

It would take an all out feud with Ross to get Gase fired. I think Tannenbaum goes before Gase.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:57 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

What happened to the criticisms of Suh doing his own thing and sometimes hurting the rest of the defense? Now all of a sudden he was an integral cog? Wasn't he there for all 16 games when we couldn't stop the run?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Last year Miami scored 17 PPG and surrendered 24 PPG. Flip that around and they'll be fine.

I guess I can understand the argument that Matt Burke and Dowell Loggains have done nothing to sway opinions that they are playing checkers versus opponents playing chess. I'm not sure Loggains has that much say in the play calling, other than to make sure Gase doesn't go insanely pass happy.

Run/Pass Option should be effective with Tannehill back and Drake being a jackknife type running back. He should be a focal point of the offense.

We tend to forget that Charles Harris was coming on strong a pass rusher by the end of last season. Did a great job applying pressure. If he and Wake form a rotation opposite Quinn then Branch can be a really good (and REALLY OVERPAID) reserved.

Only thing stopping this team from a 9-7/10-6 type season is injuries. Yes, guys will get banged up, but if they avoid losing major players for long stretches they have no excuses for .500 or less.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:34 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

I don't see any scenario where Gase gets canned this year. Even if the wheels fall off and they go 1 - 15 or something awful like that, because the only way that happens is if there is a catastrophic rash of injuries to key players on both sides.

I think we're looking at the same season projection we've had since Jimmy Johnson left; anywhere from 6 - 10 to 10 - 6 is believable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:08 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I’m already on record for saying Gase is one of my only reasons for optimism going into 2018. He is an asset. Not a liability. I’m not known for being a head coach nut hugger either. I think Gase has a good, confident head on his shoulders.

k-dash wrote:
I think we're looking at the same season projection we've had since Jimmy Johnson left; anywhere from 6 - 10 to 10 - 6 is believable.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:16 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
What happened to the criticisms of Suh doing his own thing and sometimes hurting the rest of the defense? Wasn't he there for all 16 games when we couldn't stop the run?

That’s why he is gone. He was obviously an upgrade over just about anyone at his position, but his overall unit on the line wasn’t performing with Suh absorbing attention nearly as well as they thought.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:47 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Extension.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:59 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Mike Florio wrote:
Gase is a surprise at +750, and that’s another bet to avoid. He took the team to the playoffs in 2016, and he navigated a season of endless turmoil in 2017. The many doubters will serve only to strengthen the resolve of Gase and his team, which likely will be more of a team than it was given the departures of possibly-not-team-first players like Jarvis Landry, Ndamukong Suh, and Mike Pouncey.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... red-first/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:46 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Just looked over Miami's schedule. That 2nd half is pretty tough. If they want a winning record I think they'll have to start 5-3. Some seriously tough road games and defenses on that back stretch.

And barring any catastrophes (major injuries, AWOL players, Mother Nature) I don't see any reason why they shouldn't have that kind of start.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:26 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Parker is too small. But with the improved line our qb has the advantage.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
Just looked over Miami's schedule. That 2nd half is pretty tough. If they want a winning record I think they'll have to start 5-3.

I feel like we say this going into every season. 5-3 is usually the marker, than we get a killer’s row towards the 2nd half of the season.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:37 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
jammer wrote:
Just looked over Miami's schedule. That 2nd half is pretty tough. If they want a winning record I think they'll have to start 5-3.

I feel like we say this going into every season. 5-3 is usually the marker, than we get a killer’s row towards the 2nd half of the season.

Part of that is having to face the Pats, and, the Bills/Jets having very good defenses with extra motivation kill Miami's chances. As bad as the division has been those teams, and Miami in many cases, are tough outs.

The other part is you have to have an elite component to your team to have any consistency. Miami hasn't been elite in anything for a very long time.

2016 was something of an exception though. Miami couldn't have started any worse yet they prevailed and only lost 2 down the stretch. Even the early losses (Seattle and NE) showed that the team was good. If we see that in the first few weeks but still have a few losses it is reasonable to think Miami can overcome a slower start.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:06 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

What do these numbers mean? I.e., what is the bet? Certainly it can't be $1. Maybe it is $100 -- if you bet $100 that Gaase will be the first one fired, and you are correct, you will win $750?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:20 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

The Bills and Jets will be in give up mode by the second half of the season.

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]