All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:41 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Very nice. I hope I am alive to see another Miami Dolphins Championship ring. If I were an Eagles fan, I probably would have liked to see a little more green in it.

ES{M wrote:
After their Super Bowl LII win, the Philadelphia Eagles organization held a meeting to discuss what the championship rings should look like. It was suggested there that perhaps they "should go the elegant route" with the design.

"And all the players jumped forward and said, 'No, no no. The bigger and the bling-ier, the better,'" Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie told reporters on his way into the ring ceremony Thursday night, "and that's what we did."

No detail was overlooked. There is a waterfall of 127 diamonds on the bezel paying tribute to the "Philly Special," representing the sum of the jersey numbers of the three players who handled the ball post-snap: Corey Clement (30), Trey Burton (88) and Nick Foles (9). There is also an "underdog" mask inscribed on the inside of the ring.

They are made of pure 10-karat white gold, each containing a total of 219 diamonds and 17 green sapphires. The commonly heard refrain "We All We Got, We All We Need" and the word "family" are also featured.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2379 ... -sapphires

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:05 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
Very nice. I hope I am alive to see another Miami Dolphins Championship ring. If I were an Eagles fan, I probably would have liked to see a little more green in it.

It could be purple and pink for all I care, just get to the d*** superbowl

:yay:

Nice rings, even better knowing they beat the patsies.....

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]