View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Tim Dobbins 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Tim Dobbins
I have been hearing quite a few people talking about Tim Dobbins, so I youtube search on him and found the following highlight video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6vdVrTmJ2g

After watching this video and taking into consideration that it is a highlight video designed to highlight the player. Can anyone tell me how this guy does not start in front of Crowder. It is very clear to me, just from this short video he is a MAJOR upgrade of Crowder. If you take the time to look at the video, this is a football player who has a nose for the ball. All comments positive and negative welcome.

*********************GO DOLPHINS**************************

Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:59 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Tim Dobbins
I disagree. Crowder is better than most give him credit for. He's a very solid tackler and a leader on defense. He's very smart (in anything but geography ;p) and has good athleticism. Dobbins is a solid run stuffer but Channing is the better overall player, IMO.

Dobbins is very good depth though. I think there's a reason Dobbins didn't start in San Diego. He's a decent situational guy, but IMO nothing more than that.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:06 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
I disagree. Crowder is better than most give him credit for. He's a very solid tackler and a leader on defense. He's very smart (in anything but geography ;p) and has good athleticism. Dobbins is a solid run stuffer but Channing is the better overall player, IMO.

Dobbins is very good depth though. I think there's a reason Dobbins didn't start in San Diego. He's a decent situational guy, but IMO nothing more than that.

If Crowder has another year like last year. He's done in Miami. His numbers last year were borderline awful.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:06 am

hypocritex wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

If Crowder has another year like last year. He's done in Miami. His numbers last year were borderline awful.

He also missed significant playing time and was playing without a NT to protect him for 8 games.

Crowder is seen as one of "their guys" I think, and that said he'll be here for a while. He's playing for cheap and is solid enough. I think he'll have a big year next to Dansby.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:13 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Sparano is very high on Dobbins and I think he's brought in partly to breathe down Crowder's neck. If he has another mediocre year I think he will be benched by Dobbins over the course of the season. He produced very well considering the number of snaps he got(Dobbins)

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:47 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Fins focus on Tim Dobbins
http://www.miamidolphins.com/aquavision ... im-dobbins

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:35 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Fins focus on Tim Dobbins
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1707

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]