All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:54 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

So, I think we are hoping for a Wes Welker situation where the Patriots were more impressed with Welker to the point of being able to get him because we (Wanny) underestimated his ability and other team's desire to want him and didn't tender him enough. With Albert Wilson (I know you are trying to figure out where I am going with this one;) we paid him more than the Chiefs wanted to pay him because we saw his ability and felt we could really take advantage of it.

So, the question that is now asked, "why didn't we use Landry more on the outside?" I did see a couple of video clips where Landry raised his hands for the ball and when Tannehill threw the ball, Landry had decided to cut outside and the pass looked .... well ... poorly thrown.

Also, maybe our coaches are saying this about Wilson because we only need one slot corner on the field.

:disappear

Barry Jackson wrote:
The Dolphins have been so impressed with new receiver Albert Wilson that they have decided he can be lined up not only in the slot, but also on the boundary and in the backfield.

“When we looked at Albert on film, we were intrigued, obviously with the speed," newly promoted receivers coach Ben Johnson said Thursday. "We were intrigued with the run-after-catch ability. I think all of that has been there. It’s been impressive to me to see him come in, pick up this system and learn these fundamentals that he wasn’t really doing the same thing in Kansas City. He’s really done a nice job the past two weeks. It’s really triggered us to say he’s not limited in the slot, he’s not limited outside. He can line up in the backfield. He can do so many different things for us. His versatility is really, really showing up.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:45 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

We should study how KC uses Tyreek Hill.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:06 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
why didn't we use Landry more on the outside?

Was Landry's speed an issue that kept our coaching staff from wanting to line him up outside?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:19 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Hope they are as impressed when the pads come on and the games begin. Glad they are impressed now.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]