All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:58 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm happy that Jamar Taylor has turned his career around, but he isn't as good as I thought he would be when we had drafted him. That last season with us was horrible as it seemed like every quarterback we faced was completing passes against him consistently. He was hard to watch that year. Anyways, Taylor has worked hard to get where he is.

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:38 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm pulling for him. He was terrible with us, but he tried hard. He had some injury issues that put him behind.

Bleacher Report wrote:
The Most Overlooked Additions of the 2018 NFL Offseason

The Browns added a number of quality players this offseason, but they've jettisoned a couple as well. Cornerback Jamar Taylor is one such player, and he could immediately walk into a starting role for the Arizona Cardinals opposite Patrick Peterson.

Taylor was a starter each of the past two seasons in Cleveland, and in most instances, he performed well. Last season, he amassed 62 tackles, 10 passes defended and a forced fumble. Taylor knows how to make plays on the ball, and he isn't afraid to get rough.

"He's physical, and I love the way he tackles," Cardinals head coach Steve Wilks said, per Bob Baum of the Associated Press. "We take a lot of pride in that, of course I do, in making sure our cornerbacks tackle."

Taylor's also inexpensive. He agreed to a pay cut and will carry a cap hit of $1.8 million this season. Considering the Cardinals gave up just a 2020 sixth-round pick to get him, he could prove to be one of the biggest steals—and most underrated additions—of the offseason.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2783 ... son#slide3

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:06 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Prime example of trading a proven player for a draft pick rarely works out. V. Davis for a 2nd. Miami blows it by taking Taylor. Players Miami could have had. Travis Kelce / Keenan Allen. If a team does not know how to draft, then its stupid to trade a proven player for a pick, unless its a salary dump.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:50 pm 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

He sucks

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]