Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:27 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
By Steve Palazzolo • May 2, 2018

In lieu of a mock draft, let’s just look ahead to next year’s draft class and highlight a few key names to know. A few of the listed players are on PFF’s radar due to impressive on-field performances to this point, while others are hyped-up names for whom context is needed about their current standing heading into the 2018 season.

Quarterback

Justin Herbert, Oregon, 87.2 overall grade: The early favorite to be the top quarterback off the board, Herbert has a live arm and athleticism and he ranked fourth in the nation with an adjusted completion percentage of 77.5 last season.

Will Grier, West Virginia, 91.7 overall grade: Grier had a breakout 2017 season, ranking fourth in the nation with 1,506 yards on deep passes in West Virginia’s aggressive, downfield system.

Ryan Finley, NC State, 89.5 overall grade: Finley doesn’t have a cannon for an arm, but he’s a good decision-maker and he can throw with touch to all levels of the field. He ranked 21st in the nation in adjusted completion percentage on deep passes a year ago (48.1 percent).

Drew Lock, Missouri, 85.0 overall grade: Lock has progressed nicely, from a 44.5 overall grade in 2015, to 76.2 in 2016 to 85.0 last season. He has a chance to take a big step forward next season, especially with a new offensive system that will incorporate more pure dropback style concepts rather than the simplified offense he’s run the last three years. Lock has one of the best pure arms in the nation.

Shea Patterson, Michigan, 82.4 overall grade: Patterson is a dynamic playmaker, both as a passer and with the ball in his hands, and his transfer to Michigan should help him show off his ability to make plays from the pocket. He tied for 29th in the nation with an adjusted completion percentage of 73.9 last season.

Running Back ...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/d ... gn=college

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:02 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Ryan Finley, NC State, 89.5 overall grade: Finley doesn’t have a cannon for an arm, but he’s a good decision-maker and he can throw with touch to all levels of the field. He ranked 21st in the nation in adjusted completion percentage on deep passes a year ago (48.1 percent).

Looky-there. Another NC State Wolfpack QB ... my school/job (Russell Wilson, Phillip Rivers, Mike Glennon, Jacoby Brissett). He's actually not bad, but I get the feel he isn't the guy to move a team up and down the field. He has guts in the pocket and can thread the ball in there when he needs to. And he doesn't make mistakes. I'll be interested to see how much he improves this year.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:35 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Looky-there. Another NC State Wolfpack QB ... my school/job (Russell Wilson, Phillip Rivers, Mike Glennon, Jacoby Brissett). He's actually not bad, but I get the feel he isn't the guy to move a team up and down the field. He has guts in the pocket and can thread the ball in there when he needs to. And he doesn't make mistakes. I'll be interested to see how much he improves this year.

Hopefully he will improve his deep passing skills.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:03 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:

:yay:

He definitely needs to take the next step. I will say that our coaches develop quarterbacks that other schools decide to bench. We did a very good job with Brissett.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 10:07 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

:yay:

He definitely needs to take the next step. I will say that our coaches develop quarterbacks that other schools decide to bench. We did a very good job with Brissett.

We have had some success over the years. I am ready for the WolfPack to take the next step in the program and compete for Acc Championships. I think we put 7 players in the nfl through the draft this year. Time to step up.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]