All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:12 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

So, after free agency and the draft, the Dolphins are projected to win 6 games and pick 4th in the NFL draft next year. Not good, not good.

Quote:
Projected win totals for all 32 NFL teams

11 -- New England Patriots
10.5 -- Philadelphia Eagles
10.5 -- Pittsburgh Steelers
10 -- Green Bay Packers
10 -- Minnesota Vikings
9.5 -- New Orleans Saints
9.5 -- Los Angeles Rams
9 -- Atlanta Falcons
9 -- Carolina Panthers
9 -- Jacksonville Jaguars
9 -- Los Angeles Chargers
9 -- San Francisco 49ers
8.5 -- Dallas Cowboys
8.5 -- Houston Texans
8.5 -- Kansas City Chiefs
8 -- Baltimore Ravens
8 -- Detroit Lions
8 -- Oakland Raiders
8 -- Seattle Seahawks
8 -- Tennessee Titans
7 -- Cincinnati Bengals
7 -- Denver Broncos
7 -- Washington Redskins
6.5 -- Buffalo Bills
6.5 -- Indianapolis Colts
6.5 -- Chicago Bears
6.5 -- New York Giants
6.5 -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
6 -- Miami Dolphins
6 -- New York Jets
5.5 -- Arizona Cardinals
5.5 -- Cleveland Browns

(Source: Westgate Superbook)

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:22 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Well, well. It looks like Westgate Superbook is predicting the Dolphins to draft a QB next year ... and that the Browns will be picking first once again.

Dan Kadar wrote:
The draft order is based on the latest regular season win projections from the Westgate Superbook (via USA Today) so spare me the complaints and go put your money on it.

1. Cleveland Browns: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
After trading Danny Shelton to the New England Patriots, the Browns could be in the market for a defensive tackle in 2019. Flip a coin on Lawrence and Ed Oliver of Houston. A left tackle will also be considered by the Browns if second-round pick Austin Corbett struggles on the outside.

2. Arizona Cardinals: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
If the Cardinals want to start running more four-man fronts with new head coach Steve Wilks, they’ll need to bring in the personnel for it. Oliver is going to go into the college football season as the top draft prospect for many.

3. New York Jets: Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
The Jets got their quarterback, now they just need a lot of parts around him. Williams is an impressive blocker and goes into the season as the top tackle prospect.

4. Miami Dolphins: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
There is no obvious top quarterback for the 2019 draft, but Herbert is the front runner. He has an impressive arm and threw for 1,750 yards and 13 touchdowns in just eight games last season.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
Can you call something a value pick a year before the draft even starts? Sure, this is sort of silly anyway. Besides, if Jason Pierre-Paul happens to struggle in his first season in Tampa there’s an out in his contract after the season. Bosa is just too good to drop any further. He’s in the running with Oliver as being the lead draft prospect.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/30/ ... in-herbert

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:24 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Sounds about right when you look at the schedule. Their ceiling is probaby 7 to 8 if everything goes right.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:06 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Welcome to low expectations. If Gase only wins 6 games next year, he might be done and we will get to start all over. He has to improve year over year and 8-9 would be a minimum for him to survive

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:31 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Maybe the time is up for Gase if things go south but imo boss Ross is just as likely to turn over the front office and keep Gase.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:01 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

NFLJunkie wrote:
Welcome to low expectations. If Gase only wins 6 games next year, he might be done and we will get to start all over. He has to improve year over year and 8-9 would be a minimum for him to survive

Unless he does a Hue Jackson, I don't see him getting canned after this season with 6 wins.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:12 am 
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

One rather have pick 4 than 9 or 11.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:07 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

why are the Cowboys and Raiders rated 2.5, 2 games better respectively?

QB.

...so, we shoulda taken.....

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:50 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:
why are the Cowboys and Raiders rated 2.5, 2 games better respectively?

QB.

...so, we shoulda taken.....

Kev hacked another account

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 2:55 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I kid I kid.

So all of the teams that took a QB early are below Miami with the exception of Buffalo, who took a QB, who is a half game better.

And Buffalo made the playoffs last year and signed a QB who has actual playoff experience.

Not sure I'm seeing how Miami taking Jackson would have had them at 8.5 games.

They have no proven DTs, will be starting rookie TEs, have a QB who hasn't played a live snap since December 2016...

Lets see how Tannehill's health and the new additions perform before jumping off a bridge

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:18 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

jammer wrote:
Not sure I'm seeing how Miami taking Jackson would have had them at 8.5 games. Lets see how Tannehill's health and the new additions perform before jumping off a bridge

The point wasn't that Jackson or for that matter any other QB in the draft or on the streets would have made up the lower rating, the point was that the lower rating is BECAUSE we have Tannehill.

And as long as we continue to hope, pray and insist, stomp our feet or bust out crying that somehow, someway Tannehill at 30 today, 40 in ten years or 50 in twenty will ever round into the QB needed these Dolphins will continue to be rated along with other bottom feeders.

And by the way, I'm glad to see that Tannehill's health has entered the conversation now as a deterrence to criticism of future performance. I guess we must have already exhausted poor coaching, lousy oline, lack of skill player support, and the price of onions in Greenland.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:35 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

carreramia wrote:

The point wasn't that Jackson or for that matter any other QB in the draft or on the streets would have made up the lower rating, the point was that the lower rating is BECAUSE we have Tannehill.

And as long as we continue to hope, pray and insist, stomp our feet or bust out crying that somehow, someway Tannehill at 30 today, 40 in ten years or 50 in twenty will ever round into the QB needed these Dolphins will continue to be rated along with other bottom feeders.

And by the way, I'm glad to see that Tannehill's health has entered the conversation now as a deterrence to criticism of future performance. I guess we must have already exhausted poor coaching, lousy oline, lack of skill player support, and the price of onions in Greenland.

I don't see the same things you seem to be seeing. I don't see anyone, on this board anyway, insisting, stomping feet, or crying about Tannehill. I wonder is that some kind of projecting? I also don't see people using Tannehill's health as a deterrence of criticism of future performance.

Most of the people on the board that I have seen post understand Tannehill's short comings. They also want competition at the QB spot. Knowing his limitations I have also seen people want to improve the team so the team does better.

Maybe it is just different perspectives?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:47 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

carreramia wrote:

You do understand that both the "professional" community and the posters here are referring to his injury in that if he's not on the field due to reoccurrence then he is unreliable, right? No one is saying give him a year to readjust and 2019 is the true evaluation year.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 7:56 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

What do you know.....7-9 +/- a game once again. Who would have guessed that? Take away the unicorn years of 2016 and 2008 and the wonderful 1-15 2007 campaign and I think that has been our record for ever year since 2005! Throw in no playoff wins since 2000 and wow, how this once proud franchise has fallen....

If Gase can’t get 8-8 or better with this schedule, then I think his time with the team is done.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:38 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phinished wrote:
If Gase can’t get 8-8 or better with this schedule, then I think his time with the team is done.

I think Gase has 2 more years unless he has some sort of blow out with Ross. If the team gets 9 wins or more this year he'll get more leash.

I know we always focus on QB, but this is more about Gase and Burke. Gase seems to think he'll get solid, smart players to be efficient on offense. Burke seems to be looking for puzzle pieces on defense that he can switch around to disguise packages. Can they coach their way to 10+ wins?

If Miami goes sub .500 I believe we'll see major organizational changes starting with Tannenbaum and Grier. The only way I see Gase gone is if Harbaugh or some insanely high profile coach becomes available.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:59 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
Most of the people on the board that I have seen post understand Tannehill's short comings. They also want competition at the QB spot. Knowing his limitations I have also seen people want to improve the team so the team does better.

Maybe it is just different perspectives?

I agree, Mark. We've been frustrated that it is hard to fully evaluate Tannehill based on our poor offensive line play as well. He has a skill set that I like, but at the same time, I think his problems are that he doesn't have the QB mind that we want. By that I mean that he is tough, but he doesn't pick the team up on his shoulders and carry them when needed to. Is that confidence? I don't know what it is, but we should have seen it by now. I also agree with Kev in that we should have seen a 30 TD season by now if he is a franchise QB. He throws the ball enough.

So, with that said, I'm thinking that we improve over last year's team with 8-9 wins by the end of the season. Yep, kind of where we usually seem to end up every year.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:57 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I guess I disagree. Gase has had one good year followed by a disappointing year. He needs to bounce in year 3 or it is curtains.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:36 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

NFLJunkie wrote:
I guess I disagree. Gase has had one good year followed by a disappointing year. He needs to bounce in year 3 or it is curtains.

Philbin was granted a 4th year but canned after it became apparent he was over his head.

I think Gase will get that much considering he made the playoffs, fluky or not.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Not so sure Jammer. First he made the mistake of letting RT get off without surgery. He then compounded that mistake by going after an ESPN Analyst and paying him 11 million for a year's work that we all knew would be no better than starting Matt Moore all season. IMHO, he doesn't have a lot more room to screw up.

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]