View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 I've got another feeling 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post I've got another feeling
I think Quentin Moses will get the start at strong side linebacker this season. Koa Misi will get some playing time, but Moses will turn into quite a beast.
Write it down ;)

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:49 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: I've got another feeling
Now you're reaching. ;p

Coach loves Moses, but I don't see it. Plus, Moses is more of a weak side guy anyway. He'll make the team and see time, (more and more as the season goes on), but I don't see him starting.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Plus, Moses is more of a weak side guy anyway.

How so? He's 6'5" 260...of all people, you're the one most concerned with size :ann0y:

Eh, this one could be wrong....but for whatever reason I feel it won't be....maybe I just ate too much pizza.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:13 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Iowafin wrote:
....maybe I just ate too much pizza.

Can I have some of that pizza?

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:54 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I do like pizza..

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:03 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Go Q Go...

It is time for Moses to step up.

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:37 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Misi. Defensive Rookie of the Year. This guy is ready.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:55 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Would like to see Adalius Thomas signed, no offense to "Q" as all I've seen is last yr's videos, but the dude seems a step slow with no passrushing moves...hopefully he proves me wrong.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:44 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I think he will turn some heads.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:22 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I think Misi and Moses will alternate at SOLB, Wake and Anderson will take the WOLB...... ROLB and LOLB are not actual positions in a 3-4 (that really only applies to 4-3 D's) The role of SOLB and WOLB are dependent upon how the O lines up. Hence with Porter as a WOLB, he switched from side to side, (basically to whichever side the TE wasnt) a WOLB is basically the MAIN pass rusher, while a SOLB is mainly responsible for the line of fire attack.... that is in a traditional 3-4.... What we will field will blend 3-4 with 4-3 looks. Depending upon how Nolan calls the plays, they may be assigned a R or L role, and rotated in and out depending upon situations (Anderson R and Misi L, but Moses rotates in whichever is the Strongsider, while Wake will ALWAYS be a Weak sider). I see Wake in Dumervil's role, playing EVERYWHERE, with one clear objective, create as much havoc as possible. I expect to see Misi in 3rd down situations at all times, because he proved in the SB that he is great in space, I would expect him to line up opposite Dansby, in order to pick up some of the slack that Crowder presents in over pursuit. That leaves Anderson and Moses roles undefined. I think Moses has more upside than Anderson, hence I would expect him to win a starters role/ high active duty.

How I see it:
Wake (Primary pass rusher)- fills Porter's role, but wont need to be an every down backer. Will see playing time on passing situations, yet will probably be pulled off the field for short yardage distances.
Misi (SOLB/ROLB) - I see him being young, aggressive, and a staple of this defense. I expect to see him on passing situations as well in space. He will probably be spelled alot because he is a rookie, and will be coached as such. Trial by fire, and with the luxury of depth, can be tutored between series on the sideline. I Say ROLB because of the high volume of Righthanded QBs and Righthanded Offenses. Like most O's, the slight majority of plays are ran in this direction, and this position would occupy his attributes. Also, because he is a rook, I have a feeling that the team will train him for his role specific to one side to shorten the learning curve.
Moses (SOLB, LOLB)- I see Moses taking the majority of SOLB snaps. I figure, there will be PLENTY of opportunities with Moses and Misi on the field at the same time. Moses will fill in for Wake, and may rush the passer. He may also occupy the rushing position as a decoy and drop into coverage. I see Him being the most complete OLB, hence making him the most versatile. He will learn both positions, and will occupy the most niche's on the OLB squad.
Anderson (backup WOLB, backup SOLB): dont get me wrong, Anderson is solid. I feel he has more pass rushing experience than Moses and Misi. He will spell Wake in this duties under non obvious passing situations. I also feel that he is stout against the run, and would expect him to occupy Moses' duties under short yardage circumstances. I see Anderson working in the 3-3-5 Nickel as well since I feel he is best suited for a 6 man front. I also expect him to be a big factor in a 4-6/ goalline D.

correct me if I am wrong. But other than Wake, I think we have a OLB by committee. Which can be a great thing, Wasnt that what helped win NE the first 2 championships (before they all got old)? Regardless, Moses will do good things this year, and he wont need to be a "starter" to do it.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:33 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

dolphinjim wrote:
I think he will turn some heads.

Love you sig.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]