All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:43 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Unless Rosen falls to the Dolphins at 11, or the Dolphins trade down a few spots (say, with the Cardinals), I really don't see the Dolphins drafting a QB in the first round. All is possible when you have a gambler such as Tannenbaum running things.

RotoWorld wrote:
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Dolphins have assured Ryan Tannehill (knee) he will start in 2018 even if they draft a quarterback in the first round. Pelissero reports the Dolphins would consider moving up if a quarterback begins to slip, but the "smart money says they stand pat at 11 [and] take the best available defensive player." Miami was strongly linked with Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield early in the draft process, but it looks like he will come off the board well before their pick, perhaps even No. 1 overall. Tannehill was having his best season as a pro before going down with a knee injury late in 2016, and that same knee caused him to miss all of 2017. With uncertainty about Tannehill's health and ability to be a top-flight quarterback, it makes sense for the Dolphins to grab one of the premier quarterbacks if they can.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7417/ryan-tannehill

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:02 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Tell that to Drew Bledsoe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:01 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Brady did sit his entire rookie season. Barring a near MVP season I think we can all agree either this year or next could be Tannehill's last in Miami.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:26 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Why would we want to replace that huge contract and losing record? I suspect we will have a high pick next year though! Bills should contest for the division this year...at least the Pats might not win again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:42 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phinished wrote:
Why would we want to replace that huge contract and losing record? I suspect we will have a high pick next year though! Bills should contest for the division this year...at least the Pats might not win again.

He had one magical season..and before that injury he was on fire :haha

Specially that Raven game.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]