All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:34 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

A lot of mocks have us drafting LB Roquan Smith, and if that happens, I'd be ecstatic about it. The Dolphins have several nice options in this draft. Don't get pigeon-holed into a certain position or player because there is a lot of "hype". The Dolphins kept last year's pick, DE Charles Harris, to themselves, and were plenty proud that they didn't let their interest slip out.

The whole thing is a good read, so, i can't post the entire article on the forum.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/d ... todays-nfl

The last two paragraphs says why he should be picked above the other two linebackers:

PFF wrote:
Edmunds and Vander Esch may both top 250-pounds and stand at least 6-foot-4. They each have multiple inches on Smith when it comes to wingspan and all of those measurables have many people salivating over the potential that each player possesses. Both have graded well at PFF during their college playing time, but not in the same ballpark as Smith has. Some may have Smith below those players on their draft boards because of the potential that each player possesses, but the bottom line is that they would need to realize most of that potential to overcome the gap in production to Smith.

If they’re lucky, both Edmunds and Vander Esch each have the potential to become as good as Smith, but if I was drafting I’d take the guy who already is Roquan Smith, and may quickly become one of the game’s best coverage linebackers and a true mismatch weapon on defense.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:58 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I have watched the kid play and he is lights out every play. Works hard and is always around the ball. He reads defenses better than I have seen in quite a while. He also doesn’t get caught up in the trash and over pursue. I would be totally fine with Roquan Smith.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:01 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I've always liked the idea of a Roquan-Raekwon LB duo.

The Ambassadors of Coin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:15 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

He's been my first choice all along. A linebacker that can cover TEs and a TE that LBs can't cover; that's what we need.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:58 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I would rather have Edmunds but think that the Phins would take Smith if they have a chance to pick between the two.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:07 pm 

AQNOR wrote:
I would rather have Edmunds but think that the Phins would take Smith if they have a chance to pick between the two.
Either one is good. They each have their advantages.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:42 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Edmunds seems like more of a work in progress.....freakish athletic abilities, but undisciplined at times. After Dion Jordan......give me the proven commodity in Smith.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:49 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I would love for the Phins to grab him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:43 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I'd be thrilled if we drafted him. I think he could transform this defense into something special. Should we go a different way in round one, I hope Shaqueem Griffith is on our radar in the later rounds. Though he only has one hand, he could be something special.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]