All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:11 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

We will definitely miss him on Special Teams. A lot of the experts mentioned him as a Pro Bowl snub this year.

Joe Schad wrote:
Miami Dolphins special teams captain Michael Thomas has agreed to a 2-year deal with the New York Giants, according to a league source.

Thomas, 29, made his mark with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent from Stanford in 2013.

Thomas has been one of the NFL’s leaders in special teams tackles, with 10, 14, 19 and 11 over the past four seasons. The Dolphins will need several players, including recently re-signed Walt Aikens, to help fill a leadership void.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpost. ... ny-giants/

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:58 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

No comments on losing our ST captain .... named ST Player of the Year once again by PFF?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:12 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I think my first memory of him was picking off Brady in the end zone to secure a home win over the Pats in his very first game with us.

I really hope Walt Aikens can step up.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:11 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Gase's thoughts on why they chose Aiken over Thomas:

Barry Jackson wrote:
On why the Dolphins lost safety Michael Thomas to the Giants but re-signed Walt Aikens:

“We lost a good player. I think when we started this thing, we knew between Mike and Walt both being up, it wasn’t going to be an easy thing for us to get both of those guys back. I think what we predicted for ourselves and what happened was two different things. I really felt like Mike was going to be quick. I didn’t think he’d last this long on the open market.

“We wanted to make sure we got Walt done and we were able to do that. There were a couple of things we weren’t able to get done to help our special teams. I think Walt is a guy that we’re going to see really step up in a leadership role this year. I don’t know if anybody can really replace Mike as far as his leadership goes and his ability to make plays was outstanding. He’s a tackling machine, but we also have a lot of guys that were impact players that we still have on the roster between Mike Hull and Walt and the rest of that group. We’ve got a good crew of guys and we’ve added some guys that are actually going to be able to help on special teams.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]