Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:07 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Hello,

After 1 week in FA that seems obvious Gase seek players with great football IQ and good locker room relationship with teammates.

So in your opinion who could match with that for our position of needs in FA and in the draft.

In my opinion :

QB : Mayfiels is his favorite but if he's not available, I can see Rudolph or Pat White (but I dont know who has the best IQ of them)
RB : I can see a Guise or a Sony Michel draft here but in the FA pool I would sign a 1 year contract with Gore to lead our young RB in the right direction
TE : Mark Andrews is the target IMO and why not a 1 year with Antonio Gates or Marcellus Bennett if the contract is cheap
DT : Does William Hayes can play DT ? if yes I think we are set at this position
LB : Darius Leonard could be a sleeper here if we go QB or Nelson or James in the first, another guy I really like for the later round is Garrett Dooley

I hope we sign a TE or a DT before the draft, like that we could go on the pick we want and not the pick we needs.

Opinions ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:53 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

fastball83 wrote:
Hello,

After 1 week in FA that seems obvious Gase seek players with great football IQ and good locker room relationship with teammates.

So in your opinion who could match with that for our position of needs in FA and in the draft.

In my opinion :

QB : Mayfiels is his favorite but if he's not available, I can see Rudolph or Pat White (but I dont know who has the best IQ of them)
RB : I can see a Guise or a Sony Michel draft here but in the FA pool I would sign a 1 year contract with Gore to lead our young RB in the right direction
TE : Mark Andrews is the target IMO and why not a 1 year with Antonio Gates or Marcellus Bennett if the contract is cheap
DT : Does William Hayes can play DT ? if yes I think we are set at this position
LB : Darius Leonard could be a sleeper here if we go QB or Nelson or James in the first, another guy I really like for the later round is Garrett Dooley

I hope we sign a TE or a DT before the draft, like that we could go on the pick we want and not the pick we needs.

Opinions ?

Pat White? Isn't that the brittle QB from West Virginia that we drafted 8 or 10 years ago? :haha

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:14 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

prof123 wrote:
fastball83 wrote:
Hello,

In my opinion :

Opinions ?

Pat White? Isn't that the brittle QB from West Virginia that we drafted 8 or 10 years ago? :haha

Haha that's right. I think he might have meant Mike White from Western Kentucky.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:59 am 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

k-dash wrote:
prof123 wrote:
fastball83 wrote:
Hello,

In my opinion :

Opinions ?

Haha that's right. I think he might have meant Mike White from Western Kentucky.

Yes I mean Mike White :yay:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:46 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

fastball83 wrote:
Hello,

In my opinion :

Opinions ?

If we're going by smart football players with leadership traits I'd go:

QB - Mayfield is the favorite but more likely Luke Falk or Mike White

RB - With Gore in the fold it probably is an UDFA or very late round pick

TE - I'm going with a combo of Mike Gesicki for receiving purposes and Dalton Schultz as the new Fasano

DT - They probably would love Daron Payne (1) and Harrison Phillips (2), but more likely they get Justin Jones in Round 4

LB - Dorian O'Daniel is my guess

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:10 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

TE Gesicki seems to one dimensional to me I would rather have Goedert.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:39 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AQNOR wrote:

You aren't drafting him to be a complete TE. You're drafting him to be Jimmy Graham and a mismatch nightmare for LBs.

Goedert looks good but let's see him do it against better competition. For every Carson Wentz or Brent Grimes there are a hundred small school guys who fail to live up to the hype.

If Miami wants a complete TE I say get after Ian Thomas.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:20 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

You aren't drafting him to be a complete TE. You're drafting him to be Jimmy Graham and a mismatch nightmare for LBs.

Goedert looks good but let's see him do it against better competition. For every Carson Wentz or Brent Grimes there are a hundred small school guys who fail to live up to the hype.

If Miami wants a complete TE I say get after Ian Thomas.

Not sold on Thomas either. I think that Gesicki and Goedert will see the field before or get more playing time than Thomas this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:20 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I'm on the Hayden Hurst bandwagon. Great hands and really does everything well.

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]