Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:07 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1157 ... hare=other

This isn’t a rebuild or they wouldn’t be paying out stop gap players. They are still stuck with large contracts on average players that carry too much guaranteed money. They are signing players to go 6 and 10 or 8 and 8 for a couple of years before they can spend big again. Why would I wanna watch that?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:56 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Yep, he's is no longer enjoying the honeymoon period in Miami. Miami fans would throw a parade if he were let go.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:43 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

ggippo wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1157797-mike-tannenbaums-job-could-ride-on-darrelle-revis-holdout-and-2012-nfl-draft?share=other

This isn’t a rebuild or they wouldn’t be paying out stop gap players. They are still stuck with large contracts on average players that carry too much guaranteed money. They are signing players to go 6 and 10 or 8 and 8 for a couple of years before they can spend big again. Why would I wanna watch that?

they would have been in cap hell if the status quo remained....those fat cats had to go.....with them and their bloated contracts this team was .500 and spinning their wheels........I'll take my chances with new blood that bring in new fresh attitudes....they'll be more competitive next year and more fun to watch....we'll let you know how it goes.....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:03 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

They have to find impact players through the draft.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:39 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

And who gave that contract to Suh? That was the biggest problem for this and next off-season..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:54 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Kev1321 wrote:
And who gave that contract to Suh? That was the biggest problem for this and next off-season..

Ross wanted him, Dawn and Mr T made it happen....

Cant blame a HC there, who would complain about signing the best defensive player in free agency....

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:25 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
Ross wanted him, Dawn and Mr T made it happen...

Exactly..That is Dawn's contract.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:48 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

ggippo wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1157797-mike-tannenbaums-job-could-ride-on-darrelle-revis-holdout-and-2012-nfl-draft?share=other

Miami can get out of a lot of their contracts after this season with little pain, minus maybe Reshad Jones. They will have a ton of cap space plus $15 million of rollover if they choose to gut the team. I don't think Mike T put the team in cap trouble, but that doesn't mean I trust his judgment.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:55 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
ggippo wrote:

Miami can get out of a lot of their contracts after this season with little pain, minus maybe Reshad Jones. They will have a ton of cap space plus $15 million of rollover if they choose to gut the team. I don't think Mike T put the team in cap trouble, but that doesn't mean I trust his judgment.

Dead money is still way too high... Paying players not on the team is the Miami way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:49 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

According to overthecap.com Miami is currently $48 million under the cap next year. Doesn't sound too bad to me unless they are looking to give someone a $30 million/year deal.

If what I'm reading is true, Mike T is basically out of the picture and a figurehead. He had his chance to play GM in 2015 by overruling Hickey a few times. Seems he is fully aware that Ross has given control to Gase.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:07 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
According to overthecap.com Miami is currently $48 million under the cap next year. Doesn't sound too bad to me unless they are looking to give someone a $30 million/year deal.

If what I'm reading is true, Mike T is basically out of the picture and a figurehead. He had his chance to play GM in 2015 by overruling Hickey a few times. Seems he is fully aware that Ross has given control to Gase.

Next year will be a good time for a real rebuild from the ground up... We were trying to find GM's to take over a mess, now we will have a much cleaner slate to start from...

Dawn, Mr T, Gase & the 2018 roster are on notice at this point as far as I see it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:53 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

48 million but we can't afford Landry.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:33 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

10acjed wrote:
jammer wrote:

Next year will be a good time for a real rebuild from the ground up... We were trying to find GM's to take over a mess, now we will have a much cleaner slate to start from...

Dawn, Mr T, Gase & the 2018 roster are on notice at this point as far as I see it.

I believe that Dawn Aponte works for the NFL league office now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:56 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

AQNOR wrote:
10acjed wrote:
jammer wrote:

Oh man, that probably means Mike T will be commissioner in no time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:48 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

jammer wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Oh man, that probably means Mike T will be commissioner in no time.

Yeah just saw that, must have missed it last year.... Mr T would be fine as commish.. He will be fine at anything not inside the dolphins facility
:yay:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:04 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Kev1321 wrote:
48 million but we can't afford Landry.

That’s exactly right. People wanna keep apologizing for this office but the fact is they were passing out long term contracts to the wrong people. They wouldnt have to get into rebuilding mode if they paid they right people. As for suh, he was in the books for 26 million this year, the next tackle was Cox at 18 million. No wiggle room there for better negotiating? They failed!

Right now it seems like their strategy is to find pro bowlers in mid to late rounds of the draft and then not pay them when the rookie contract expires, in hopes of drafting more cheap pro bowlers. Not a great strategy. That’s why they are mediocre. They have a core of highly paid mediocrity, Reshad Jones being the exception. They need a core of highly paid pro bowlers and then fill in the rest. Go take a look at what the rosters of contenders looks like.

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]