View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williamson concerned about free safety 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williamson concerned about free safety
Quote:
The evaluators worry about free safety, where Chris Clemons is the favorite.

"I don't know that any of their options are starter caliber. `I question if Reshad Jones has the range to play over the top. He's a backup at best.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/07/1 ... start.html

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:50 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Scouts Inc.'s Matt Williamson concerned about free safety
Matt Williamson isn't the only one worried about free safety.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:59 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Reshad Jones isn't a free safety. He's Bell's backup and future replacement. Clemons is the future for free safety. I'm not concerned about that position. It's the NT and OLB that I'm concerned about...but only because I don't know what they can do.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:27 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Iowafin wrote:
Reshad Jones isn't a free safety. He's Bell's backup and future replacement. Clemons is the future for free safety. I'm not concerned about that position. It's the NT and OLB that I'm concerned about...but only because I don't know what they can do.

Beat me to it.

I'm trying to find his combine stats, but I remember seeing them a while ago and he had the worst shuttle times out of all safeties. That doesn't exactly scream center fielder to me. Plus, his full stride speed is worse than Wilson's...he'll get burned down field.

Jones is an in-the-box type of safety who can play some coverages with YB in tight situations (the redzone), as he can be that type of enforcer to control the middle of the field. But, he's not an every down FS.

I like Clemons. He's got speed, he's fearless, very solid tackler, good ball skills. I think he fits well out in straight away center and allows YB to play his more natural position and be that extra LB that we may need on first and 2nd down.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:36 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

You have Miami's best player manning the NT position backed up by a guy who did an average job there down the stretch last season. At OLB you have at least some experience in a couple of players who got significant playing time last year. At FS you have an untested player. If you're not concerned about FS, then you're ignoring Miami's biggest weakness from last season. The way I see our season is through the success of these players.
1. FS - Two 2nd year players on the edge means your over-the-top guy has to cover sideline to sideline.
2. OLB - Anderson played well when given the opportunity. Wake is an up and coming star. Koa Misi is really the big question but he has seasoned players around him.
3. NT (I'm the least worried about this position mainly because there are very few teams out there that really pound the rock)

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:39 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
You have Miami's best player manning the NT position backed up by a guy who did an average job there down the stretch last season.

:thinking:

Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]